Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:37 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
We have a politics forum for all your political discussion. In this topic, either focus on helping the op or don't post at all. Come on, it's not that hard to stay on topic, is it ?
Yac.
Thanks Yac

I think the question asked by the OP was likely to bring up a bit of politically charged answers but what I don't like are two people going at each other with their own agenda and derailing a very useful topic. I hope we can keep the topic open but somehow shut down these side discussions.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:51 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
I think the political comments here unintentionally give a good answer to the original poster's question.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:11 PM

150 posts, read 217,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Okay, tell me how? I can not express how dangerous that I believe liberalism is.
Per the mod's very reasonable request, I will not respond here because the discussion has turned political.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:45 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
I noticed the page number on this thread topic is, "last page". Please say that is correct!

Old 07-01-2018, 08:06 AM

334 posts, read 625,636 times
there are more and more people voting DEM. here now, post March for lives, and now this nightmare with immigration. You have to talk to folks one on one to know this and many here say one thing and vote another.
On the other hand, schools here well, ranked 48th in nation, so... and the level of ignorance, is palpable.
If you moved into my neighborhood, you'd be fine, but, just last weekend, some woman was screaming at black kids at her neighborhood pool , racial slurs the whole works, she was arrested, I'm happy to tell you, but anyone who tells you being black in the south is fine... is an idiot.
Might I suggest you may be happier in NC, around Raleigh, or the I 40 corridor into Ashville. I lived there for a while and as long as you stay out of the super rural, you'd be happy there.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:09 AM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
there are more and more people voting DEM. here now, post March for lives, and now this nightmare with immigration. You have to talk to folks one on one to know this and many here say one thing and vote another.
On the other hand, schools here well, ranked 48th in nation, so... and the level of ignorance, is palpable.
If you moved into my neighborhood, you'd be fine, but, just last weekend, some woman was screaming at black kids at her neighborhood pool , racial slurs the whole works, she was arrested, I'm happy to tell you, but anyone who tells you being black in the south is fine... is an idiot.
Might I suggest you may be happier in NC, around Raleigh, or the I 40 corridor into Ashville. I lived there for a while and as long as you stay out of the super rural, you'd be happy there.
This stuff isn't just happening here. It's happening all over. Even in California. It's the climate we're in now. Those who generally would hold this type of behavior in feel that they're inclined to do this now. You know "get him outta here". I've never had an issue in Greenville as a black man personally.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:29 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Yes. And Democrats were predominantly white, southern and conservative back then too. The parties have basically flipped constituencies in the 150+ years since then. Don't overlook that, either.
That is a complete lie. By the way this is a four-year-old thread that has been revived.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:59 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Fun facts:

The states the Democrat candidate (Breckinridge) won in 1860 presidential election:

N Carolina
S Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Alabama
Mississippi
Arkansas
Texas

Another fun fact:

In 1860, women and black people obviously were not allowed to vote.

So yeah. The people voting Democrat in 1860 were southern white men (who wanted to keep slavery alive).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_1860
Did you not remember YAC's demand to desist from talking politics in this thread, or did you not care? Granted it was 4 years ago, but the mod specifically said no political talk in this thread.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:17 PM

334 posts, read 625,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
This stuff isn't just happening here. It's happening all over. Even in California. It's the climate we're in now. Those who generally would hold this type of behavior in feel that they're inclined to do this now. You know "get him outta here". I've never had an issue in Greenville as a black man personally.
good to know. thanks.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:02 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Did you not remember YAC's demand to desist from talking politics in this thread, or did you not care? Granted it was 4 years ago, but the mod specifically said no political talk in this thread.
Like you said, it was four years ago. Please let it go.

Seems I have to close this thread permanently to prevent it from coming back. Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 07-04-2018 at 05:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area