Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,847,696 times

Advertisements

Having lived here 10 years now it's not bad but Greenville is far from an attractive / superior locale. It's roads need severe upgrades and it's housing patterns are mind boggling to say the least. The cost of living far exceeds what it should IMO although there are worse places for this obviously. Everything seems so spread out with no real central district and did i mention the traffic patterns are hilarious (hopefully someone downtown was on something and thought it a joke to build roads the way they did. either that or they are jerks). The saying you can't get there from here applies to Greenville without a doubt. With that being said Greenville does offer a better economic situation than many places. I believe Greenville offers young professionals a chance to start right out of college with a career in their field of choice which is good. This is important to any city trying to remain in the mix.

I do however wish Greenville had a major university to call it's own. And no Furman doesn't count (a. not a major university and b. it's outside the city limits i believe). I can only imagine if clemson where in downtown greenville like USC is in columbia or C of C is in charleston. I'm a big fan of cities that have centralized universities. I believe the school / campus give the city a certain flair. This is probably not possible oh well. Dare to dream.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
What's your problem ? You also come on the Western NC forum and complain about Asheville and the mountain towns. Geesh, you're everywhere hating everything, and an expert on nothing.

I actually know quite a bit. You may not like what I have to say at times, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong. This is a place to offer suggestions/comments/etc. If someone asks what they'd like to see change about city X, then people can give suggestions or offer their opinion.

Asheville has low paying jobs, a very tough economy and a higher-than-it-should-have cost of living. It doesnt mean a resident needs to take it personally. It is what it is. It's public info. The same goes for the majot metro area I live in... average income is too low (in Orlando MSA) when you look at what an avg apartment costs to rent. I see it. Totally. But if I mentioned this issue in the Orlando forum, I wouldn't expect ppl to jum my case. Thats the difference.

Like I said, this place is for discussion and opinions/feedback. No need to get upset at me when someone in the Asheville forum asks "can I live off of 18k a year in Asheville?" and I respond with a statement that suggests pay is low, cost of living is high, etc.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,248 times
Ah, another Greenville vs Charleston debate!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:29 AM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Ah, another Greenville vs Charleston debate!
Not really. It left that level a long time ago. It's turned into something else now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area