Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:08 AM

126 posts, read 199,801 times

Advertisements

@vistatiger....that would make sense as I noticed and wondered why they dug to the very foundation of the Belk store.....that store is huge. Not to veer off the topic of discussion but did that Belk store have a parking access on the lower level back in the day before the Dillard's wing came about?

I would assume so given the layout of the mall and JCP has a funky corner access into the lower level of the parking garage. I wonder if that was an original or if that came about after the expansion. Also I have been trying to find old pictures of Haywood Mall back in the heyday and cant seem to find anything.

But back on topic...I guess it all makes sense and I just talked to a buddy at the mall just a few minutes ago and she said that overall the mall hasnt done a good job over the years in keeping up the maintenance with all the interior upgrades that it has and then come back and do more work but from my understanding, Haywood was basically a cash cow for Simon but thankfully they thought enough of Haywood to finally do some upkeep and a renovation which looks 10x better than all that wood/brown/earthtone thing they had previously. Now Im waiting on what Macy's renivation will look like in a few years. I like how the Belk store is coming along!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 10:27 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlscrkeva View Post
@vistatiger....that would make sense as I noticed and wondered why they dug to the very foundation of the Belk store.....that store is huge. Not to veer off the topic of discussion but did that Belk store have a parking access on the lower level back in the day before the Dillard's wing came about?

I would assume so given the layout of the mall and JCP has a funky corner access into the lower level of the parking garage. I wonder if that was an original or if that came about after the expansion. Also I have been trying to find old pictures of Haywood Mall back in the heyday and cant seem to find anything.

But back on topic...I guess it all makes sense and I just talked to a buddy at the mall just a few minutes ago and she said that overall the mall hasnt done a good job over the years in keeping up the maintenance with all the interior upgrades that it has and then come back and do more work but from my understanding, Haywood was basically a cash cow for Simon but thankfully they thought enough of Haywood to finally do some upkeep and a renovation which looks 10x better than all that wood/brown/earthtone thing they had previously. Now Im waiting on what Macy's renivation will look like in a few years. I like how the Belk store is coming along!
Yes, there was a Belk entrance on the lower level as well as a mall entrance on the lower level before the Dillard's wing was built. Belk expanded their store on both levels to meet the new wing. That corner entrance to the former catalogue dept. was JCP's only entrance back then on the lower level. The store entrance now into the garage did not exist. Their was a JCP automotive service center annex attached (similar to Sears)where the garage sits now that was only used for a short time when JCP did that sort of thing. They later used it for storage and a scratch and dent furniture clearance outlet until it was torn down.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:02 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Work started this week for CCF.
Look out Atlanta...Greenville is on it's way to being the new capitol of the South!

Old 07-22-2015, 01:32 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
It is nice to see the exterior renovations coming to Belk and eventually Macy's. That Belk store is one of their top performing stores, and I'm a bit surprised it has not yet been converted to one of their flagship stores.

And regarding Cheesecake Factory, looks like it is about time for them to make an official announcement ending years of rumor and speculation. But perhaps they are waiting on Panera to move out to their new location before confirming.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
And regarding Cheesecake Factory, looks like it is about time for them to make an official announcement ending years of rumor and speculation. But perhaps they are waiting on Panera to move out to their new location before confirming.
I think Panera Bread #600654 needs to relocate to its freestanding location first, and end its lease for its existing space inside Haywood Mall. With a vacated space ready to lease, Cheesecake Factory can sign the lease and make the official announcement.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:33 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
The Panera Bread location inside the mall seems like it would too small for a CCF.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:06 AM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
The Panera Bread location inside the mall seems like it would too small for a CCF.
I think I remember someone saying they're going to use more than that.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:32 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I believe CCF is absorbing the adjacent retail spaces during construction - I plan to go to Haywood Mall in the next week and will check it out

Old 07-23-2015, 08:46 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I believe CCF is absorbing the adjacent retail spaces during construction - I plan to go to Haywood Mall in the next week and will check it out
I was there yesterday. Not much to see. Nothing has changed other than a fence being put up behind Panera next to Macy's. All of the business around it are still in place including Panera. Not thinking they will be taking any existing retail space around it. Ruby Tuesday and Panera have held that space so it's fairly large. Any expansion of it will probably be an add-on to the existing space outside like they did in Simon's Knoxville West Town Mall.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:26 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I was told by a source that knows first hand that none of the adjacent retail stores will be absorbed. The existing Panera Bread location will be expanded by way of new construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area