Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,947,488 times

Advertisements

Came across this from another city's news website that there have been reports of people dressed as clowns trying to lure children into the woods around Greenville.

Quote:
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Deputies in South Carolina have increased patrols after getting new reports of people dressed as clowns trying to lure children into the woods.

News outlets report that Greenville County sheriff’s deputies were called to an apartment complex about 8:20 p.m. Monday that is about 20 minutes from a complex where people reporting seeing clowns last week.

Deputies responding to the report last week said they found no evidence of anyone in the woods behind Fleetwood Manor Apartments.

A family who called Monday night from Emerald Commons apartments said a child saw a man wearing a clownmask in woods near the complex.

Deputies said there was a third report of someone dressed as a clown about 10 p.m. at Shemwood Apartments.

A 12-year-old told deputies that two clowns were in the backyard area.
More Reports Of Clowns In Woods In South Carolina « CBS Philly

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 10:44 AM

21,035 posts, read 27,428,332 times
I hope Pennywise is not real.

It appears these instances are occurring around the Augusta Road/South Pleasantburg Drive area within and just outside the city of Greenville.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:39 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,229,929 times
Well geez, let's just call attention to ourselves by dressing as clowns, no one would notice!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:18 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,966,617 times
I question the timing on this second report. This was first reported a week or two ago, so I wonder if its being made up now. Either way, these pervs need to be locked up wher they belong.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM

599 posts, read 403,524 times
I think what's happening is just a prank though it's better to be safe than sorry and now since this story has been taken by the national media sightings will only continue to grow until someone get hurt and it will probably be someone dressed as a clown.

I wish someone had a security camera system that maybe could capture footage of these clowns.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:26 PM

34 posts, read 76,420 times
I believe it may be promotion for the IT remake coming out next year. Not sure why they are using Greenville though.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:59 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,496,881 times
Seems to be trending regionally now, if not nationally. Odd story, but the trend could be much worse lol.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Seems to be trending regionally now, if not nationally. Odd story, but the trend could be much worse lol.
I'm still thinking theres some mischief on this latest deal. But, it has really gotten blown up now! Mark my words, there will be more pervs doing this now!

Old 08-30-2016, 03:51 PM

17,722 posts, read 15,478,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I'm still thinking theres some mischief on this latest deal. But, it has really gotten blown up now! Mark my words, there will be more pervs doing this now!
I doubt it.. The last thing they'd want to do is call attention to themselves.

Personally.. I think there's a grain of truth here and everything else is blown out of proportion/exaggeration/flat out lies.

All it takes is one kid who actually sees the clown, and then there are 25 more who "saw" the clown, rather than heard the story from the one kid who did.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I doubt it.. The last thing they'd want to do is call attention to themselves.

Personally.. I think there's a grain of truth here and everything else is blown out of proportion/exaggeration/flat out lies.

All it takes is one kid who actually sees the clown, and then there are 25 more who "saw" the clown, rather than heard the story from the one kid who did.

That's exactly what I'm saying! It wont matter if there is ever any more clowns in the woods, everybody will start seeing them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area