Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 06:33 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,662,269 times

Advertisements

I've volunteered for it some and went to eat a few times. I enjoyed taking my kids and wife there on the Sunday after church. It wasn't as crowded, they had rides for the kids, and it was fun to walk down the street. Forgot what we ate and drank, but I am sure it was good.

I volunteered one year to run a ticket booth. I made change for people who didn't want the 10 ticket pack for 5 dollars or something. So, the line was long and some people were mad when they finally get to me. I was the 2nd fastest cashier in my grocery store career, but I still couldn't keep up (no register). One woman really let me have it and yelled at me really loud and other people heard her. So, that was a bad experience. I wasn't getting paid or anything, but I guess it made her feel good to yell at me.

Another time I volunteered to serve for a beer tasting/sampling event. There was an electrical short in the tree lights and I would lean back into this planter and get buzzed. Plus, some young guy ralphed into the trash can right next to the beer serving area. Really nice.

It can be a fun time, but it can also be kinda hectic, so make plans to stay awhile and then leave. Try to go really early before the crowds pick up and it will probably be really pleasant. It is fun to go to these things and see all the different people, just be prepared for good or bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 05:36 PM

843 posts, read 1,432,571 times
And normally the headline bands aren't local, but they aren't the "best known" bands. St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Shovels and Rope, and Sturgill Simpson have played before and Anderson East (Miranda Lambert's boyfriend) and Shooter Jennings are playing this year.

ETA each year's music selection seems to have a theme at least with the headliners. This year is country. Last year was rock. The year before was Folk Alternative. You get the picture.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:33 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
I am glad Fall for Greenville brings many to downtown Greenville. It does not interest me that much these days.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:08 PM

896 posts, read 1,140,526 times
We go and enjoy the music!

Marie

Old 09-28-2016, 09:06 AM

20 posts, read 19,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiis View Post
So is Fall for Greenville worth attending? We've lived here almost 6 years and never attended because it never meshed with our schedule. From what I gather...it's food tents that you have to buy tickets for, and some concerts? Is that the jist? The pics that pop up on my Facebook feed advertising shows a street PACKED with people...like elbow to elbow. If I am not into pre-spending on food that I then feel obligated to purchase because I already paid for the tickets...and then standing in long lines to do it....then trying to find a place to sit and eat....not a huge music fan especially for local bands I've never heard of...and not big into drinking.......is Fall for Greenville not for me? Is there something better about it that I am missing?
I love Fall For Greenville but the lines and people can be super overwhelming! If you want to go and try several places at once, I would go as early as possible on the days it's open to avoid the crowds.

What would be your interest in going at all? It doesn't sound like you enjoy anything it offers. However, as said by some others it's a great place to try a lot in a small amount of time/space.

I always buy too many tickets - so I end up giving them away.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:48 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,998 times

Fall for Greenville Video

Old 10-16-2016, 09:02 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,946,160 times
I loved it (as a 1st timer). Beautiful evening and lots of restaurants to choose from. $21 gets you 40 tickets and an adult wristband. Most food samples are $4-8 and drinks are $6-8. I thought the portions were generous, and with friends we treated it like tapas, we shared what we wanted to try. I don't remember all of the restaurants, but thought everything was well done. It's really organized and the crowds seem to move at a decent pace.

We went early on a Friday night and were finished and out of there by 8:30~just as it was getting really crowded and the bands seemingly becoming louder.

Can't for the life of me figure why people would bring toddlers in strollers and infants in carriers~it didn't seem like a baby friendly venue.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:47 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachbeach View Post
I loved it (as a 1st timer). Beautiful evening and lots of restaurants to choose from. $21 gets you 40 tickets and an adult wristband. Most food samples are $4-8 and drinks are $6-8. I thought the portions were generous, and with friends we treated it like tapas, we shared what we wanted to try. I don't remember all of the restaurants, but thought everything was well done. It's really organized and the crowds seem to move at a decent pace.

We went early on a Friday night and were finished and out of there by 8:30~just as it was getting really crowded and the bands seemingly becoming louder.

Can't for the life of me figure why people would bring toddlers in strollers and infants in carriers~it didn't seem like a baby friendly venue.
I'm not sure where you got those prices from but the most expensive food item I saw anywhere was a sheet of tickets (8) and the most expensive drink item I saw was a sheet of tickets (8) and a sheet of tickets is $5, which would make food and drinks between $2.50 and $5 each.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:55 AM

321 posts, read 407,095 times
I was a bit disappointed to see some of the food items inching up to 8 tickets this year. A few years ago everything maxed out at 5.

That being said... I spent the tickets as if they were free.

Tuna Wontons from City Range and the Ribs from Macs Speed Shop were my faves.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:16 PM

896 posts, read 1,140,526 times
We spent Saturday and Sunday there and loved it. We were there from about 11-6 each day. We've already marked our calendar for next year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area