Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 PM

140 posts, read 271,778 times

Advertisements

We need to replace our wood windows and are leaning toward vinyl. Any recommendations on companies that sell & install windows? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 03:40 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,757,797 times
Call Robert Babcock at Taylors Windows for great service and a quality product at a competitive price. Tell him that Greg Sisk said to call him. Just remember, you get what you pay for with replacement windows. They manufacture and install their windows.

Taylors Windows | Premium Vinyl Replacement Windows - Custom Sunrooms

Old 11-08-2016, 11:45 AM

73 posts, read 121,910 times
We are using Taylors Windows as well. We've purchased 4 windows and they're being made now. I would recommend them.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:24 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
We used Wilsons Siding in Simpsonville years ago. I dont even know if they are still in business. Price was cheaper than anywhere else. In fact, of the umpteen estimates we got, they were cheaper than anyone for the exact same brand of window. (Brenmar, or something like that is the brand.) I think it was Taylor who was 2nd cheapest, but Wilsons could get them in faster. Tried Window World, those guys are/were the highest by like 75%.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:11 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,036,768 times
Do not - I say again DO NOT get Window World. I did and I have regretted it ever since...

"Energy efficient blah blah blah, government rated at blah blah blah..."

"Oh yeah? Then why do they leak cold air in the winter?"

Old 11-09-2016, 07:25 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,127 times
Happily recommend Tim at Total Home Exteriors | Roofing, Gutters, Siding, Windows & Restoration

He did all my windows and my roof.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:43 AM

604 posts, read 583,760 times
Make sure you do research on how well the various windows hold up. They all have similar specs when new, but years down the road, cheap windows tend to sag and warp. We used Marvin windows on our new build. They were more than we really wanted to spend, but seemed to have the best reviews in our price range.

Proper installation is VERY important, and I can't offer any advice there, as I did my own installation. Try to find an installer with an excellent, long-term reputation.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:24 PM

140 posts, read 271,778 times
Thanks for your input.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:13 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieman44 View Post
We are using Taylors Windows as well. We've purchased 4 windows and they're being made now. I would recommend them.
Could you tell us what type of windows you bought, and how much they cost? Are they installing entire windows with frame? We eventually need to replace all of the windows in our house as they're 25 years old, wood, and starting to break and are leaking tons of air, but some of the quotes we've already gotten have been ridiculous (~$450/window installed, which would be $15-20k for our whole house).

Old 11-11-2016, 08:49 AM

73 posts, read 121,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
Could you tell us what type of windows you bought, and how much they cost? Are they installing entire windows with frame? We eventually need to replace all of the windows in our house as they're 25 years old, wood, and starting to break and are leaking tons of air, but some of the quotes we've already gotten have been ridiculous (~$450/window installed, which would be $15-20k for our whole house).
We purchased the Premium line from Taylors. The windows that we are replacing are floor-to-ceiling, and they were about $400 each, installed. This is in line with other quotes and with other folks I've talked to at work who have had windows replaced. We also got a quote for our entire house (23 windows) and it came up to $10k. We're going to tackle a few at a time - the most rotten first. The sales guy was fine with that and didn't pressure me to do it all at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area