Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 01:25 PM

82 posts, read 103,070 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I am planning a move to the upstate area from Florida in early July and am trying to familiarize myself as best I can without actually being there. I've had horses my entire life and plan to keep it that way. I was curious about the equestrian community in the area. Is it thriving? Are the parks equestrian friendly? How about feed and hay costs? Boarding costs? I'd be much more interested in renting a pasture as opposed to a stall, are those fairly common? I personally do endurance racing but am open to all disciplines if anyone ever needs a riding buddy, and would be willing to show a newcomer the ropes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 04:45 PM

12,628 posts, read 32,111,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brioddy View Post
Hello everyone, I am planning a move to the upstate area from Florida in early July and am trying to familiarize myself as best I can without actually being there. I've had horses my entire life and plan to keep it that way. I was curious about the equestrian community in the area. Is it thriving? Are the parks equestrian friendly? How about feed and hay costs? Boarding costs? I'd be much more interested in renting a pasture as opposed to a stall, are those fairly common? I personally do endurance racing but am open to all disciplines if anyone ever needs a riding buddy, and would be willing to show a newcomer the ropes!
It sounds like you are looking for Aiken, SC

Old 04-26-2017, 05:17 AM

Ive known that Aiken is an equine hub, however I really wanted to be by mountains. Thank you however

Old 04-26-2017, 05:41 AM

477 posts, read 842,736 times
There is an international equestrian center in Tryon, NC. That would be in the mountains and only one hour away from Greenville, SC.

Tryon International Equestrian Center

Old 04-26-2017, 07:25 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,673,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
There is an international equestrian center in Tryon, NC. That would be in the mountains and only one hour away from Greenville, SC.

Tryon International Equestrian Center
The area north of highway 11, between I-26 and US 221 is full of horses, more concentrated towards SC9.

Of course the further east you go along 11, the further away from the mountains you get.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:49 AM

Thank you all for your insight! I suppose I'll just have to get out there and experience it for myself. That's the best way, right?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you all for your insight! I suppose I'll just have to get out there and experience it for myself. That's the best way, right?
I agree but it's good that you are asking as well so it can point you in the right direction Good luck. Btw, we moved here from FL.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:41 AM

Thank you! What part of FL are you from? How do you like it in SC in comparison to FL? I'm 28 and I've lived here my entire life! The sun and salt is all I know but I am VERY excited (and a little nervous) to make the plunge up there. I've never experienced the change of seasons so I'm really looking forward to that, especially the fall!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Thank you! What part of FL are you from? How do you like it in SC in comparison to FL? I'm 28 and I've lived here my entire life! The sun and salt is all I know but I am VERY excited (and a little nervous) to make the plunge up there. I've never experienced the change of seasons so I'm really looking forward to that, especially the fall!
I moved from the Orlando area. I like it up here but miss FL at times. They are both different, of course. I like each for other reasons. The seasons are nice. I like the change. I could pass on winter but it doesn't last that long. This year wasn't bad at all. Come up and take a look Btw, if you fly, Allegiantair has cheap flights here.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:58 AM

Thank you for the tip I'll most likely be driving as I have two big dogs and a parrot. The only thing I know I'm going to miss about Florida is the coast, and I know I'll be able to take trips to sc coast but it's a little different when you are used to living on the water! Either way I consider it an adventure of sorts and I can't wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area