Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecial View Post
Sorry, but when Easley gets a Target, Costco, Barnes & Noble, and Whole Foods, then maybe it will be a "go to" place. For now, we have a Kohl's and Walmart Supercenter, and other run-of-the-mill stuff. I want to see Easley get the first retailers I mentioned, but what we have now does not qualify our town as "go to."

I love Easley just the same...

We may not have all that Woodruff Road has, but give us time....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 AM

374 posts, read 834,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecial View Post
Sorry, but when Easley gets a Target, Costco, Barnes & Noble, and Whole Foods, then maybe it will be a "go to" place. For now, we have a Kohl's and Walmart Supercenter, and other run-of-the-mill stuff. I want to see Easley get the first retailers I mentioned, but what we have now does not qualify our town as "go to."
Plezzzz.... Most locals here and in the out laying areas appreciate the recent development. Easley is just getting started. Support the towns progess and ditch the 'I want it now' attitude. Sounds like your a willing resident? Where did you go prior to any of the above was even in Gville? .... yeah, I do get it.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:56 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
Plezzzz.... Most locals here and in the out laying areas appreciate the recent development. Easley is just getting started. Support the towns progess and ditch the 'I want it now' attitude. Sounds like your a willing resident? Where did you go prior to any of the above was even in Gville? .... yeah, I do get it.
I honestly think Target will be in Easley or Powdersville in the next 3-5 years.

Barnes and Noble is not expanding right now and they might have a limited future so we will have to stay tuned.

Costco and Whole Foods won't come for decades most likely. Greenville got a Costco within the last few years and didn't Whole Foods open last year? Cities that are much larger don't even have these yet and the high income isn't in Easley yet.

That being said I believe the growth in the next few years will merge Greenville/Powdersville/Easley like how Greer and Greenville have merged. We just have to be patient and hope that representatives start planning new roads and limited access highways and boulevards now (before the growth arrives). The extension of 153 should help the area (by allowing downtown to become more of a strolling area rather than a cut through to Pickens) but I believe that 153 should have less access points and curb cuts than it does now. That is unless it wants to become 123 in 10 years. IMO.

Excited to see if Easley can successfully continue the reuse of property and have a more decided master plan (does it have one?)

Old 06-07-2012, 01:06 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Well, Easley is getting Sam's Club. Not quite the same caliber as Costco IMO but I will take it. Don't expect anything like B&N or Whole Foods anytime soon in the Easley area due to lack of demographics there for those retailers.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:16 PM

212 posts, read 423,251 times
If I want to be completely selfish, I would just rather Easley stay the way it is, so my daily commute all the way through Easley doesn't get any worse. I don't mind driving over to Woodruff Rd. ocassionally for the places I mentioned. It's not THAT far, and the traffic is not THAT bad if you don't have to do it every day. A lot of people whine about Woodruff Rd traffic, but then they want everything that Woodruff Rd has over here? Sure, it's nice to have things close, but I guess now that I think about it, Easley seems busy enough as is.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Well, Easley is getting Sam's Club. Not quite the same caliber as Costco IMO but I will take it. Don't expect anything like B&N or Whole Foods anytime soon in the Easley area due to lack of demographics there for those retailers.
That's what I was thinking. Costco enters markets late in the South, even after certain cities have multiple Sam's Clubs.

I wouldn't expect any of those retailers except for Target to open anytime soon. I think the community would appreciate a Target anchored shopping center.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Easley, and Anderson, both have decent populations for Barnes & Noble stores. Cherrydale could even support one.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Greenville got a Costco within the last few years and didn't Whole Foods open last year?
Greenville's Whole Foods Market opened more than six years ago.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Greenville's Whole Foods Market opened more than six years ago.
Yeah I should have edited that. I realized later I was thinking about the REI/Petco renovation in the rest of that strip.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Easley, and Anderson, both have decent populations for Barnes & Noble stores. Cherrydale could even support one.
They aren't really expanding now though if I remember correctly. The print business is hurting and bookstores are not faring well. I know their nook is popular and they have begun having larger sections of the stores dedicated to those. I think they are waiting to see if they have continued luck with their Nook and the new deal they made with Microsoft before they continue building brick and mortar stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area