Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 07:05 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDavisCSA View Post
Good info on Reini. I went to his website to see where he builds but no info. Does he build in Greer and if so, where?
He buys random lots and then builds spec homes or he will build on your lot. He does not have an entire subdivision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 06:45 AM

132 posts, read 113,629 times
We had a call with Benjamin from Reini yesterday. Great guy. He said he builds custom. You can find a plan you like and he will work with that. He’ll help to change it if needed. We will go meet with him in May when we are down. I couldn’t find a website. I found a Facebook page only.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:30 PM

139 posts, read 211,144 times
Did your Ryan homes community paint the interior of the garage? In the community where I live they didn't do theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
I'm building with Ryan right now, they allow you to request anything custom if you pay them $100 upfront per custom request, which they may or may not approve, but it seems like they don't have a problem with moving doors and such.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:00 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,843,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDavisCSA View Post
Did your Ryan homes community paint the interior of the garage? In the community where I live they didn't do theirs.
No, they do not.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:36 PM

104 posts, read 234,541 times
We are living in our second Ryan home. We think they’re well built or we wouldn’t have bought a second one. In between we owned a custom built home by a great local builder in Pa. was it better? Yes. Especially when it came to finish carpenter work inside etc. but it cost much more. Ryan was very accommodating however and let us make a couple changes (for a price) that made a big difference for us. Just because it comes as a “kit” as one person stated , doesnt mean it’s badly built. In fact sometimes that is better. We’ve come to the conclusion that Ryan houses depend a lot on who puts them together. That is where problems come if there are any.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:38 PM

503 posts, read 692,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjean View Post
We are living in our second Ryan home. We think they’re well built or we wouldn’t have bought a second one. In between we owned a custom built home by a great local builder in Pa. was it better? Yes. Especially when it came to finish carpenter work inside etc. but it cost much more. Ryan was very accommodating however and let us make a couple changes (for a price) that made a big difference for us. Just because it comes as a “kit” as one person stated , doesnt mean it’s badly built. In fact sometimes that is better. We’ve come to the conclusion that Ryan houses depend a lot on who puts them together. That is where problems come if there are any.

As someone that inspects houses for a living what your saying is the main key. Its truthfully nothing to do with who the company is in the long run it all comes down to the GC on the job and how involved they are with what is being built. I have several GCs that I have worked with at different builders that truly care and love what they do and then I have others that dont care and it shows. I would ask the hard question like how often is the GC out walking my house and observing whats going on and are the people on the job site doing what they are supposed to do. Also be on site, go atleast once a week and see what they are doing, it would shock you how much can be caught and fixed ahead of time by doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area