Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 02:07 PM

738 posts, read 416,855 times

Advertisements

I saw baseball legend Hank Aaron died two weeks after getting the vaccine.

He probably died of old age but there is no way to rule out the vaccine as a contributor.

Hank was trying to set an example for other people particularly black people to get the vaccine. They probably should have used a younger person. This is a public relations nightmare.

It looks like anti vaccer Robert Kennedy Jr has jumped all over this.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:04 PM

17,593 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry Knob View Post
I saw baseball legend Hank Aaron died two weeks after getting the vaccine.

He probably died of old age but there is no way to rule out the vaccine as a contributor.

Hank was trying to set an example for other people particularly black people to get the vaccine. They probably should have used a younger person. This is a public relations nightmare.

It looks like anti vaccer Robert Kennedy Jr has jumped all over this.

Complete catch-22. First.. "They" weren't using him as an example. Whoever "they" is.. couldn't, because getting vaccinated would be covered under HIPAA. He would have been the one to use himself as an example.

Second, if someone younger wanted to be an example.. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot because Georgia is only vaccinating those 65 and over. So, someone younger, unless you meant being 'younger' but still being 65 or over. And.. Well.. We're still in trouble there because.. You still run that higher risk.

It just a fact that the older you are, the more likely you are to die. And, some people are going to look at that and make a causation link that just doesn't exist.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:24 PM

738 posts, read 416,855 times
Somebody arranged for him to be on camera getting the vaccine. The point of showing Hank getting the vaccine was to show the vaccine is safe if a elderly man like Hank Aaron got the vaccine and did not die from it. His death soon after is a total disaster for the intended message.

Hank looked to be in good shape for his age. It is surprising he died two weeks later.

I understand it is a fact that you are more likely to die when you get older. I've been making this point all year....old age is a bigger factor in the deaths than covid in isolation.

Here's a link to an article about other deaths of elderly people in Norway and other European nations soon after they got the vaccine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...deaths-pm-says

Old 01-28-2021, 04:52 PM

423 posts, read 899,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
I just saw on the news where Prisma is doing walk up again at the Kmart Plaza location, no appointment necessary. I believe they are offering a few other sites too, but, they did not specify. I hope this helps someone.
They are only doing walk-ins for the second shot. If you have not had the first shot you still need an appointment.

Old 01-28-2021, 05:28 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
They are only doing walk-ins for the second shot. If you have not had the first shot you still need an appointment.
Yes. Updated info tonight. K-mart Plaza. No first dose walk-ins on Friday. Closed Saturday and late start Monday.
https://www.wyff4.com/article/prisma...tions/35355794

Old 01-29-2021, 02:49 AM

604 posts, read 584,636 times
Yesterday I was pumping gas at the Spinx north of TR. It's a very busy store, with a constant flow of people in and out. I didn't see anyone wearing a mask. Not ONE. Same thing shopping at Home Depot. I guess it's safe now?

Old 01-29-2021, 04:26 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
Yesterday I was pumping gas at the Spinx north of TR. It's a very busy store, with a constant flow of people in and out. I didn't see anyone wearing a mask. Not ONE. Same thing shopping at Home Depot. I guess it's safe now?
Dang, that’s crazy. I went to Walmart on Pelham Road yesterday and every single person I saw including
myself was wearing one.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:56 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
I stopped going in Lowe's and Home Depot. I guess a big portion of their customer base are just too macho for masks and think they are above catching it and don't give a crap if they spread it around.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:48 AM

17,593 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Somebody arranged for him to be on camera getting the vaccine. The point of showing Hank getting the vaccine was to show the vaccine is safe if a elderly man like Hank Aaron got the vaccine and did not die from it. His death soon after is a total disaster for the intended message.

Hank looked to be in good shape for his age. It is surprising he died two weeks later.

I understand it is a fact that you are more likely to die when you get older. I've been making this point all year....old age is a bigger factor in the deaths than covid in isolation.

Here's a link to an article about other deaths of elderly people in Norway and other European nations soon after they got the vaccine.

Absolutely the message he was trying to put forward is totally knackered. No question about that. My point is that HE either setup the photographers to be there, or agreed to it. This wasn't a situation where he was scheduled to get the vaccine and showed up and there were cameramen there. It was HIS decision.. And.. While it turned out unfortunate (To say the least), I still applaud him for what he attempted to do. That really is just the kind of guy he was, so I am not surprised at all that he made that decision. He always carried himself with the utmost class and dignity and did everything he could for the black community. And not JUST the black community.

I've read the Norway stuff in the past.. And, it kinda seems that Norway's position is not that the vaccine killed them.. But in being vaccinated, the immune response may have led to their death. Now, that's a fine line to walk there and I can certainly see people saying po-TAY-to vs po-TAH-to on it.

"The vaccine caused an immune response that overtaxed their system and killed them. How is that not the vaccine killing them?"

Well.. The vaccine did what it was designed to do.. Trigger that immune response. They were.. Just so weakened already that.. Probably if they had caught a moderate to serious cold, it could have killed them.

The important part of that article is this

Quote:
The Norwegian Medicines Agency says there’s no evidence so far that the elderly deaths reported were directly linked to the vaccine. “However, it cannot be ruled out that common vaccine side effects, such as fever and nausea, may have contributed to a serious course of underlying disease in frail patients,” the agency said in a written response to questions.
Well.. ONE of the important parts. The other is the overall statement that they're making. They may move to, instead of mass vaccinating the elderly, try to vaccinate the elderly who are otherwise in good health and not vaccinate those who.. Not sure exactly how to word this.. Those who are already on death's doorstep.

This also underscores the importance of the otherwise healthy getting vaccinated in order to protect some of these folks who may be unable to be vaccinated.

Back to Hank Aaron.. What i've heard, and I don't know this as fact.. He had a stroke. https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ank-aarons-de/

Now.. Not that I'm a huge fan of the media.. But I will say, I haven't seen a lot of mainstream media saying "He got the vaccine 3 days before he died" and then NOT saying "No evidence the vaccine was linked".. Of course.. I haven't seen a whole lot of the latter, which I do believe is important to get out there... But.. At least there wasn't skewed coverage of that. Problem is.. 'many' people have leaped to the conclusion that the vaccine killed him themselves.

Old 01-29-2021, 10:17 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,433,645 times
Quote:

Cicely Tyson died but was interviewed on Wednesday for a taped spot on Kelley and Ryan that aired today. She looked old but not unhealthy and completely alert. Hank Aaron didn't die from the covid shot. Though I am only 65 I got my first and next week get my second, no issues. My 86 year old friend got his just before we got ours and getting his second first part of next week and he is fine. People in the age group die from natural causes, often in their sleep. It's just too bad that he was trying to encourage other blacks to get the shot and then subsequently died of natural causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area