Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 10:47 AM

300 posts, read 254,565 times

Advertisements

What subdivision were you looking at with $400,000 priced homes in Moore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 10:55 AM

155 posts, read 265,680 times
I’ll sell you my house for $600K. 5BR, 2.5Bath. We’ll close quickly. Wife will get over it.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:21 PM

Spartanburg must be doing something right! U.S. News and World Report analyzes 150 metro areas in the U.S. to find the best places to live based on quality of life and the job market in each metro area, as well as the value of living there and peoples desire to live there. Spartanburg ranked #1 in Best place to live in S.C., #12 in Fastest -Growing Places, # 24 in Best Places to Live, #18 Cheapest Places to Live, #37 in Best Places to Retire!

Old 09-06-2021, 05:32 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nans123 View Post
Spartanburg must be doing something right! U.S. News and World Report analyzes 150 metro areas in the U.S. to find the best places to live based on quality of life and the job market in each metro area, as well as the value of living there and peoples desire to live there. Spartanburg ranked #1 in Best place to live in S.C., #12 in Fastest -Growing Places, # 24 in Best Places to Live, #18 Cheapest Places to Live, #37 in Best Places to Retire!
Be careful what you wish for, nans. We’re pretty protected but I’ve watched/lived in several areas that changed drastically when they became “hot” and growth happened too fast . . . and that change is usually not for the better. Miles and miles of townhouses, tract McMansions, strip malls on every corner. It changes the whole character of the area . . .

Old 09-06-2021, 06:38 PM

LL that is true. We are lucky on the eastside of Spartanburg that we are kind of protected from that. Yes it is already starting in Boiling Springs and Hwy 290 and now Reidville.

Old 09-06-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
LL that is true. We are lucky on the eastside of Spartanburg that we are kind of protected from that. Yes it is already starting in Boiling Springs and Hwy 290 and now Reidville.
It strains the infrastructure . . . And not just roads. Schools, Fire/Rescue services, libraries, recreation facilities, social services, hospitals and on and on. Everything becomes an out-of-control spiral when every inch of open land becomes a construction site and then . . . the home prices and taxes soar hurting older, long-term and especially lower-income residents the most. It is especially pronounced when there is a large income gap and political views difference between the newcomers and the current residents.

I pray it doesn’t happen to Spartanburg but can see it coming. Heartbreaking.

Last edited by LynchburgLover; 09-06-2021 at 06:56 PM..

Old 09-06-2021, 07:08 PM

Next time I see you at church we will talk. LL how did the roof work go?

Old 09-07-2021, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Next time I see you at church we will talk. LL how did the roof work go?
So far, looks awesome . . . But we haven’t had a hard rain to see if it still leaks. Lol.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:17 AM

158 posts, read 128,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
I worked in Spartanburg briefly, and the coworkers who lived in Spartanburg were not concentrated in one area. There were people living in Boiling Springs, Lake Bowen, Duncan, established neighborhoods in Eastside Spartanburg where Lynchburg lives, the golf course neighborhoods in Spartanburg, and the westside area that I mentioned earlier. I don't recall anybody living in the Moore area.

Young people probably prefer the westside because that is where most of the shopping is and it is closer to Greenville. I don't know this for sure but I suspect the eastside is more popular with retirees with the hospital over that way.

Is there a reason why you aren't interested in living in Alpharetta, Frisco, Highland Park, south side of Charlotte, etc?

The nicer part of the Greenville metro is generally the eastside of the metro but many of the wealthiest people like the Travelers Rest / Paris Mountain area to the north, and Powdersville/Easley to the west has some nice neighborhoods.
Thanks!

Honestly, we're trying to narrow things down. More elimination than anything. One would think being fully remote and having the ability to live anywhere would be easy. How many times have we've said, "If I could live anywhere..." But in reality you want to be near the kids, near nice shopping, neighbors with similar values...etc.

Sure a ranch in Wyoming would be great but I don't think we're quite there yet. Charlotte is still on the table, did the Alpharetta thing. Texas is too far from the kids. Upstate is a great location, fairly inexpensive and may be "big enough". I get it's not the McMansion thing (yet) and that's fine, I'm just trying to make a list...

Pelham, Greer, Eastside of Greenville, so on and so forth. Makes driving around a bit more sane.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:22 AM

158 posts, read 128,652 times
Quote:
What subdivision were you looking at with $400,000 priced homes in Moore?
Looked at Sweetwater Hills. I think that's the one with the sidewalk parking. River Falls was across the street, like those, the extra $150k made a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area