Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 09:13 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,262 times

Advertisements

Thanks Everyone for their Responses.
I have been on the Forum a while and i notice many have strong viewpoints on..
Greenville.Even Greenville VS Spartanburg lol
I just hope Greenville isnt growing too much and loses it charm.
Suppose i wouldnt be helping by moving there though lol
Maybe Krystal isnt as good as i remember though i havent tried Whitecastle..
Cept for the ones you buy and microwave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 AM

915 posts, read 2,424,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
I remember Texas being famous for beef brisket if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, and if the OP is looking for good brisket in Greenville, I've always been a fan of the brisket sandwich at Corner Pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I just hope Greenville isnt growing too much and loses it charm.
That's the one thing I've always loved about Greenville, specifically downtown. I honestly think it would be difficult for downtown Greenville to lose it's charm. Sure, Greenville will expand, but it'd take some serious engineering for Main Street to stray from the two-lane charm that you currently see.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,533,143 times
One minor correction to an earlier post... The Peddler IS a chain (albeit a small chain - and each one is locally owned, I think) and I would not consider it a Mom n Pop... it's a steak house and a very good one at that. They'll cut your steak to order at your table. Haven't been to the one here yet, but we love the one in Boone.

Being from piedmont NC, I love the original Lexington barbecue, but haven't looked for barbecue here yet.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,262 times
Sounds like Greenville has it all when it comes to Dining
I was told they have all the different ethnic cuisines covered!
Looking foward to trying mellow mushroom and some other places folks have..
Mentioned.Whats a good greek place in town?

Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 AM

503 posts, read 937,456 times
Quote:

The best Greek I have had here is on E. Coffee St. its called "Never On Sunday", I have not been to it in awhile but, it was really good.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,533,143 times
Quote:
Yep, even southern barbecue! My hubby is our family's barbecue expert. He just e-mailed me to say that Charlie's, at the corner of Hwy 14 and Pelham Rd, has the best he's found in the area so far. They offer a large chopped (pork, of course) plate for $6.25.

Someone else mentioned beef brisket. Since it's not commonly found around here, I wanted to add that I saw it on the menu at Smoke On The Water in Downtown Greenville.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM

915 posts, read 2,424,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
One minor correction to an earlier post... The Peddler IS a chain (albeit a small chain - and each one is locally owned, I think) and I would not consider it a Mom n Pop... it's a steak house and a very good one at that. They'll cut your steak to order at your table. Haven't been to the one here yet, but we love the one in Boone.
Doesn't the Peddler only have like 4 or 5 locations though...total? I don't know if I'd consider that a chain, but obviously there is more than one. Regardless, it's awesome. They have everything but the kitchen sink on the salad bar, atmosphere is great (especially in winter with multiple fireplaces burning), and I've never had a bad experience with an entree.

Quote:
You've got that right about dining. When I first moved here, I couldn't believe how many dining options were available here, and they keep opening more and more. Only the strong survive though. As for Greek, Never on Sunday is a must for the experience, and another great option is Acropolis on Pelham. Go to a Greek restaurant in Greenville, and you'll also find Italian on the menu. The opposite it true also. The one exception I can think of is Never on Sunday. Seriously, you feel like you're sitting in your grandma's family room, assuming your grandma is Greek of course.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM

835 posts, read 2,306,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Yeah, and if the OP is looking for good brisket in Greenville, I've always been a fan of the brisket sandwich at Corner Pocket.

That's the one thing I've always loved about Greenville, specifically downtown. I honestly think it would be difficult for downtown Greenville to lose it's charm. Sure, Greenville will expand, but it'd take some serious engineering for Main Street to stray from the two-lane charm that you currently see.
I don't know if the charm he's talking about is the buildings...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post

I don't know if you realize that greenville was originally a 4 lane main st, they just added the parking spaces on either side to make it feel more cozy(which I love). They could conceivably remove them just as easily(although I assume they would have to add more parking somewhere else) and bring it back to the way it was(not that anyone would want to see that)

Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
I don't know if the charm he's talking about is the buildings...
I believe he's talking about the "small town" feel with the parking on either side of the street and the constant pedestrian traffic, something I enjoy quite a bit myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area