Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:34 PM

609 posts, read 1,620,329 times

Advertisements

What part(s) of Greenville Do You Live In / Have you Lived In?

Also post where else you have lived if you care to share.

PEACEFUL TALKS

answer -

Mauldin - born and raised here! Love It!
I bought a home here near Woodruff Road after shuffling around some of my early youth years doing fashion/entertainment.

Hayward Road; Forget the name of the apartments but I lived across from the mall for 6 months before leaving the city.

Woodruff Road; Lived in Walden Creek when they first opened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 AM

53 posts, read 112,797 times
My favorite is the Traveler's Rest area. I like being close to Furman and the Swamp Rabbit Trail as well as Cherrydale. The small town feel of TR is a plus too. It's also easy to scoot into the city. I work downtown and can get here in 20 minutes.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 PM

I keep hearing about "Swamp Rabbit Trail". I've lived here most of my life and still have no clue what this is? LOL Is it a real trail? dumb i know

Old 08-03-2011, 01:56 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times
I live in Greer near Hudson Corners and not far from Pelham Road/I-85. Been here going on four years and absolutely love it for the location and easy proximity to most anywhere I want to go -- downtown Greenville, mountains, Woodruff Road, Haywood Mall, Wade Hampton, et cetera. Even GSP is only 12 minutes away. It helps to learn some of the shortcuts, though!

Prior to moving here, except for travel, I lived my entire life in the NW suburbs of Chicago. Except for being centrally located and able to fly out of O'Hare to anywhere, I far prefer living here in the Upstate.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:41 PM

144 posts, read 296,139 times
Grew up in the state park rd area. Lived in Charlotte for a short while and came back and am now in the Paris Mountain area. I always loved the North Side of Greenville and while it has been the slowest to grow as far as population or retail I still love the lack of traffic. The only problem with this side of town is if you need to get to 85 it can take forever and there is no direct rout.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:47 PM

696 posts, read 1,335,927 times
I originally lived in the Blue Ridge/Tigerville area before moving out of state as a youngster. When I moved back recently with my new family in tow, we moved to Taylors (Wade Hampton area). We now live between Ware Shoals and Honea Path.

My preference would be to live in the Travelers Rest area, but we really like where we are now since it's out in the country, but still within half an hour of anything we need.

Sojones, check this link out: GHS Swamp Rabbit Tram Trail | Greenville Rec (http://greenvillerec.com/parks/swamp-rabbit/ - broken link)

Old 08-03-2011, 02:49 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Born at Greenville Memorial Hospital in 1988. Have resided in the Greenville metro area my entire life...23 years. Lived in the Taylors area from 1988-2006. In 2006, I moved to the Easley/Powdersville area where I currently live. Now you know why i'm such a Greenville booster.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,610,403 times
Born in Birmingham, AL - grew up in Memphis, TN (my official "hometown") - went to high school in Nashville and then moved back to AL for a time (Tuscaloosa and Birmingham). Have since lived in Seneca, SC; Chattanooga, TN; Simpsonville, and now Greenville (in that order).

I didn't care much for Simpsonville - too far from downtown Greenville - now, I'm a little more than 5 minutes away from downtown in Gower Estates.

I absolutely love the Blue Ridge/Lake Robinson area - inexpensive, mountainous views, close to Greer, great schools - I do think this area may undergo significant growth in the future - my wife refuses to move there because she would loose her current conveniences (being close to Haywood Mall, Trader Joe's, downtown, etc).

Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 PM

Great Responses! I feel like we're bonding. Keep it up!

Thanks for that Swamp Rabbit Trail link! I'm going to have to try these trails.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM

83 posts, read 155,047 times
I grew up on Lanneau Drive, which is a really cool neighborhood with lots of children. We used to close the street off when it snowed so all the kids could sled down the big hill at the end
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area