Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 08:41 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

Nice article in The State about Greenville's booming downtown restaurant scene.

Why are so many high-end restaurants coming to downtown Greenville? | The State

Old 05-06-2016, 08:15 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
New restaurant on highway 81 in Anderson called The Boondocks. I was over there this week and there were a ton of people outside and cars in parking lot. It is a burger, wings place.

Get your burger and shake fix at The Boondocks in Anderson

Old 05-06-2016, 02:15 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Default New pawn shop being built on Poinsett Hwy in Greenville

So what's being built on Poinsett Highway across from IPA? | Local News - WYFF Home

Old 05-06-2016, 02:52 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
LOL. WYFF is a little late. UBJ broke that news a month ago discussed in another thread. Funny thing is First Cash is currently across the street from WYFF (no mention). I guess this is just a relocation for them to a site a few blocks down.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...psi-mural.html

Old 05-06-2016, 02:59 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Pete's on Pendleton is closed for renovations.. It will be under new ownership, and likely renamed when it reopens.. The Bikas folks are taking it over.. They own the Bikas Drive In on 153 and a second location in a former KFC on Wade Hampton.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:26 PM

Someone asked about the Shuckin' Shack a few months ago.. I finally made it out there today.. Good. Not over the top great or anything and rather pricey.. But I'd go back. Not a good place for conversation unless you eat outside as sound just seems to echo in there. Took my mom and sister out there today.. I think they thought much the same.. Wouldn't necessarily put it over Bonefish Grill. Of course, they both thought that Silver Bay or whatever that place is in Simpsonville was top-notch as well, so..

Also noticed on my way home that there's a sign next to the old Hardee's in Simpsonville (The one right off 385 @ Exit 27 that's now a title loan place or something) saying that Domino's is coming soon. I presume that they're building a new building.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:04 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Someone asked about the Shuckin' Shack a few months ago.. I finally made it out there today.. Good. Not over the top great or anything and rather pricey.. But I'd go back. Not a good place for conversation unless you eat outside as sound just seems to echo in there. Took my mom and sister out there today.. I think they thought much the same.. Wouldn't necessarily put it over Bonefish Grill. Of course, they both thought that Silver Bay or whatever that place is in Simpsonville was top-notch as well, so..

Also noticed on my way home that there's a sign next to the old Hardee's in Simpsonville (The one right off 385 @ Exit 27 that's now a title loan place or something) saying that Domino's is coming soon. I presume that they're building a new building.
Ya, know, I cant recall ever seeing a Dominos that was in a building of it own. I saw the sign yesterday as well, but I thought it was just a "Now Hiring" sign. Is there even a Dominos in Simpsonville?

Old 05-08-2016, 10:23 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Ya, know, I cant recall ever seeing a Dominos that was in a building of it own. I saw the sign yesterday as well, but I thought it was just a "Now Hiring" sign. Is there even a Dominos in Simpsonville?
The ones at White Horse/Anderson Roads, on Pleasantburg Drive, and along Poinsett Highway are in stand alone buildings.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The ones at White Horse/Anderson Roads, on Pleasantburg Drive, and along Poinsett Highway are in stand alone buildings.
The one on Anderson Rd used to be in a little strip center up the road.. Beside what used to be Po Folks and is now Gus'.. This building. https://goo.gl/maps/xp21BAbpC432 I think where that barber shop is now.

The one on Pleasantburg used to be in the building with Spinx at Haywood and Pelham. Last I saw there was a Pebble Creek Pizza there

Then there was one on Augusta Rd.. https://goo.gl/maps/e3ahtkyQ7j92 that building is gone now, but it's the empty footprint in that map. That one closed in '95 or before.

It is strange to see them in standalone buildings. The general plan for them now seems to be to put them in smaller buildings that they share with a business beside them. Which often seems to be a title loan place. The one in Clinton is (or was) like this.

The one in Mauldin has moved 2 or 3 times as I recall. Started up by the old Pizza Hut, then I think it was in the building that has Firehouse Subs now, and moved again at some point.

I noticed that Tony's Pizza has sold or done something to two locations recently. The one on S Pleasantburg and the one in Mauldin are no longer Tony's.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:43 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Hey peeps!

Chick-Fil-A will be opening a downtown Greenville limited menu store in May! Location is the old Coffee & Crema store on 2 North Main Street.

awwww yeaahhhh

Opening Soon: Chick-Fil-A (Downtown Greenville) | What's Opening There?

https://www.facebook.com/Chick-fil-A...1001076630604/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area