Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Quoting the person whose post you are referring to would make the thread go more soomthly. How did I know you weren't relpying to my post? I didn't except for the one where you quoted me.
You initially quoted me in post #54 and that's what I was talking about with golden. I have been referring to the premise of the OP throughout the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 07:33 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Are you NA? I don't believe there is a spirit. When you die you die. I've never heard of any evidence of a spirit other than wishful thinking, so I'm not really sure what could possibly be held back by missing someone who no longer exists.

Says who, exactly? The expert death police? Your approach to life and death is only good for you. As long as nobody is bothering you then I don't see why you must wag your finger and people who have no interest in approaching life and death as you do.
Braunwyn,

I mean no disrespect toward what u are saying, yet, I must also say there is no one who can GIVE evidence that would be believed anyway. Even if they tried...
My very first memories in "this" life, were of another. Hey, I could not talk then, but I recall it all as it was yesterday...Cause thats how memory is hard wired into ones brain. The effect of the inpact of the information... And the fact that my step-dad smacked me in the face to wake me from what he thought was a dream.... Being a child of less then 2, you tell me???
Well I don't need u to tell me because I've had to deal with a lot more then that in this life time.

The only thing between you and GOD/ (KNOWING) is your EGO

Maybe for some people it would be too much to know too much.

Just cause you "think/believe" so doesn't make it so;
And I understand that statement can come right back on me. Thing is, I don't live by JUST my EGO...I know I am more then THAT!
Blessings

Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
Braunwyn,

I mean no disrespect toward what u are saying, yet, I must also say there is no one who can GIVE evidence that would be believed anyway. Even if they tried...
My very first memories in "this" life, were of another. Hey, I could not talk then, but I recall it all as it was yesterday...Cause thats how memory is hard wired into ones brain. The effect of the inpact of the information... And the fact that my step-dad smacked me in the face to wake me from what he thought was a dream.... Being a child of less then 2, you tell me???
Well I don't need u to tell me because I've had to deal with a lot more then that in this life time.

The only thing between you and GOD/ (KNOWING) is your EGO

Maybe for some people it would be too much to know too much.

Just cause you "think/believe" so doesn't make it so;
And I understand that statement can come right back on me. Thing is, I don't live by JUST my EGO...I know I am more then THAT!
Blessings
I do agree that it's about ego. I suppose that's really my point. It's your ego that wants to tell others how to be, believe, grieve, whatever.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM

54 posts, read 47,457 times
Wow ! 4 days ? I wish i could do that.
My mother passed away exactly one month ago and i havent left my house since that day. I just cant. I have so many feelings, so many thoughts. Its very hard for me to keep going with my life knowing she isnt gonna be here for me. It breaks my heart.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:18 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
madonnafan, I'm so sorry your mother has died. While no one can know exactly how you feel, many of us here can relate to your feelings. It can be hard to face a future without the person who has always been there for you. I can tell you, though, IT GETS BETTER. Not all at once, not erasing all traces of pain forever, but it gets better.

Your comment about not having left your house for a month worries me. That's extreme, and sounds like you could be depressed. Would you consider counseling? I just want you to feel better.

I'm glad you're here on this forum. There are lots of good people here who understand.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:46 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
My condolences, madonnafan. Yes, losing Mom is such a hard thing to do but it is nature. Our parents are supposed to die before us. Your Mom lost her Mom and survived and so forth. She would not want you feeling this way nor want you not going out of the house since the day she died. She'd want you to live. She gave you birth to live. Do you have a doctor you could go see? After the death of my Dad, my last living parent, that is when I started my "happy pills". They made such a difference in my mood. I can stay on an even keel now. Please try to help yourself with answers that are out there. Don't be embarassed, lots of people need help after the death of a loved one. Remember, your Mother would not want you to be this way. You must go on FOR her. (((HUGS)))

Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonnafan View Post
Wow ! 4 days ? I wish i could do that.
My mother passed away exactly one month ago and i havent left my house since that day. I just cant. I have so many feelings, so many thoughts. Its very hard for me to keep going with my life knowing she isnt gonna be here for me. It breaks my heart.
There is a point at which a person must reach out for outside help because some people do not seem able to come out of this naturally. They have no new input into their lives and the thoughts just keep running round and round, in the same groove.

If you do not find yourself living the life you were given any longer, get help. Just thinking those same old thoughts, over and over, is not furthering the reason why you are here.

Sometimes you must be firm with yourself. Force yourself to do what your logical brain tells you to do, and ignore your emotions for a bit. Go through the steps to help yourself and ignore the callings of your sorrowful heart. There is a small voice inside of us that tells us enough is enough. There are times when we have to tell our brains to no longer entertain the feelings of our heart - not until we are mature enough to be able to handle our feelings.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:51 PM

Right now its 8:50 pm (USA time) and exactly at 2:20 (Argentina time. In two more hours) my mother was declared dead. I dont know what im going to do. Im starting to have a panic attack. I feel so bad

Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,330,462 times
You seriously should go talk to some professional about this, madonnafan..some things are too hard to face alone. maybe a regular GP even? It's worse not asking for help, believe me. Once you even get to talk out loud about it all, you may start to see some light...

Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
You seriously should go talk to some professional about this, madonnafan..some things are too hard to face alone. maybe a regular GP even? It's worse not asking for help, believe me. Once you even get to talk out loud about it all, you may start to see some light...
I make it trought. I took a shower and read for a while, when i came back downstairs it was 10:35 pm. I cried a little and now i feel "better". I just dont want this to happen every 11th of each month. I dont think i can handle it.
Yes Maggie, i thought about it, but do you really think they help ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning