Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times

Advertisements

I agree, that counselor should have called you, Dayton. Very unprofessional IMO. I'm sorry it was such a let down to to you. Try and pick yourself back up and shake off this setback. You sound lonely to me. If talking is what you need, talk all you want with us! Human contact is over rated. You could even post pics here if you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,524,970 times
Pictures is a nice idea. I don't know how to do it tho.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
Pictures is a nice idea. I don't know how to do it tho.
Do you have a Photobucket account, Jude? Click on the "gear" on the upper right side of pic and then go to the last link of the 3 that will come up and then right click "copy all" and then come paste it here.

That's Earl before we found out he had cancer. We found out in Nov. '07.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:28 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times
Tami..Thanks for posting (and sharing) the photo of Earl...I agree with you. "Talking" helps.. We can talk and share here. Or in a blog or journal...Or with friends in everyday life, etc...And pictures are great too!

Old 11-22-2013, 04:07 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,147 times
Just to chime in. I've been attending group support since my wife died of cancer. I find the groups tremendously helpful.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Just to chime in. I've been attending group support since my wife died of cancer. I find the groups tremendously helpful.
That's wonderful, Winston. I like to hear good things about support groups since I haven't found any yet.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:22 AM

I've decided to try a local grief support group this week...I'm not really a "group person." (Tend to be more of a loner.) But maybe it's time to connect with people who are dealing with grief. (In my everyday life.)...I'm going to give the group a "try." And if it's not a "good fit," there are a few other groups in my area too. (I can "shop around!")...Down the road, I want to volunteer to spend time with older people in nursing homes who don't have family nearby. (And do some other volunteer work too.) But right now, I need to take care of myself and get back on "sure footing."

Old 01-13-2014, 05:21 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I personally found grief support groups extremely helpful.
I lost my late boyfriend to suicide, obviously, suicide has never been considered as a "normal" death. Suicide also carries a nasty social stigma.

I need a group of people who understand what I went through. It is hard to describe my feeling to people who never experienced this kind of grief. It is like trying to explain color to a blind person.

Grief support group is very helpful in my case.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I personally found grief support groups extremely helpful.
I lost my late boyfriend to suicide, obviously, suicide has never been considered as a "normal" death. Suicide also carries a nasty social stigma.

I need a group of people who understand what I went through. It is hard to describe my feeling to people who never experienced this kind of grief. It is like trying to explain color to a blind person.

Grief support group is very helpful in my case.
I'm glad the group helped you so much. Thanks for sharing...My cousin took her own life in her early 20's and it was devastating and sad and tragic. Maybe I should talk about my cousin's death in the group too since it had a big affect on me. My cousin and I were close in age...Anyway, I feel like I need to try being in a support group. I need something "more" right now to get over the "hump." I'm so sorry that you lost your boyfriend.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:22 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I'm glad the group helped you so much. Thanks for sharing...My cousin took her own life in her early 20's and it was devastating and sad and tragic. Maybe I should talk about my cousin's death in the group too since it had a big affect on me. My cousin and I were close in age...Anyway, I feel like I need to try being in a support group. I need something "more" right now to get over the "hump." I'm so sorry that you lost your boyfriend.
Thank you. I cannot even begin to tell you how much suicide survivor support groups have helped me. Without those brave men and women who lost their loved ones to suicide, I'd never be where I am today.

We hold each others' hands and move forward. In my support group, there is absolutely no judgment. There is no stigma associated with suicide in our group because we have all lost somebody to suicide. We also learned to talk about our lost ones without shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning