Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,452 times

Advertisements

My Half Brother passed away this morning from Lung Cancer. Because no one has any money to bury him they are not going to embalm him, just wrap him, put him in a plain Pine Box and bury him.

Family is going to just have a Memorial Service next week.

My wife wanted to know if I wanted to drive 80 miles in the morning to the Cemetery and wait in hopes of watching him being buried? I told her no this will be just fine, he isn't no longer here and sure an't in that Box.

Kind of bothers me done lost two Sisters and one Brother, this out of ten kids and I'm the oldest.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 09:19 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
My Half Brother passed away this morning from Lung Cancer. Because no one has any money to bury him they are not going to embalm him, just wrap him, put him in a plain Pine Box and bury him.

My wife wanted to know if I wanted to drive 80 miles in the morning to the Cemetery and wait in hopes of watching him being buried? I told her no this will be just fine, he isn't no longer here and sure an't in that Box.

Kind of bothers me done lost two Sisters and one Brother, this out of ten kids and I'm the oldest.

brushrunner
I am sorry for your loss.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:41 AM

624 posts, read 939,673 times
I'm very sorry for your loss. I can understand how it would be rough losing younger siblings, for a number of reasons.

Does the rest of your family understand how you feel about going to the graveside? It's a very personal choice.

Your mention of the conditions of your half-brother's burial...sounds like it might be making the loss a little harder on you. Do you want to expand on that, or are you good?

Peace.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:08 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Very sorry for your loss. I can understand how you must feel losing younger siblings~~maybe a little scared, maybe a little guilty that you have outlived them, and maybe a little or a lot relieved that you are doing well. No matter, sometimes this is when we start to take stock of what we need to do in order to remain healthy and possibly plan for our own funerals. Sending good thoughts your way.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:59 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post

brushrunner
I am sorry for your loss brushrunner.

I believe you will see each other again one day and hope you can look forward to that!

Old 09-29-2013, 06:59 PM

88,587 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a sibling.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. This forum can be a good place to write about things, if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning