Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM

160 posts, read 385,277 times

Advertisements

3 years ago when my grandfather died. I wasn't really that close to him but after the funeral my brother and I visited his house and my brother who doesn't believe in God or anything went around the front of the house for some reason i dunno he was there for a while. During that time I turned to look at the back yard and i stopped and looked as if i was in a trance or something and i just saw him smiling me waving at me with a bright light behind him. and i snapped out of it because I didn't know if i just day dreaming or what but I realized i was staring into space. He was 93 years old.
Has anybody had a contact and how did they die if you don't mind telling me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,238,955 times
Here are the threads that are about the subject of your question.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/grief...ams-signs.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/grief...oved-ones.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/grief...681-signs.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/grief...ream-your.html

Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 AM

50 posts, read 101,116 times
My stepdad passed away about 9 months ago from COPD. He visited me three times. The first two visits were to ask me to check on stuff for him. He kept telling me to go look around the backyard and I did but I still don't know why or what he wanted me to find. Other family members had dreams about him but nothing much as to what I had experience. The last time he visited me in my dreams was back in May. I dreamed I was walking along the banks of a river and he was standing there and I told him that he was going to have to move on at some point. He told me he didnt know where to go, so I offered to help him find the light. We started walking along the river and i seen someone on the other side. The person appeared to look like his son, who passed away 8 years ago from an accident. I told my stepdad to go over there, so he started running across the water, yelling his son name. His son came over and pulled him out of the water. I stood from the other side watching, and then this bright yellow light was shinning so bright that I had to cover my eyes and a few moments later I turned around, they were both gone then things slowly started turning white and I woke up. It was a bitter sweet dream for me. Since then no one has had dreams of my stepdad. I never experienced anything like this even thought I lost friends and other family members.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:13 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,435,916 times
I was told as a child that a recently passed love one would come and visit in the form Yellow Butterfly..

Since my Grandmother and Grandfather have passed I'm seeing a yellow Butterfly or two, most everywhere I go.
What are Yellow Butterfly's doing fluttering around in Wal-Mart parking lot..??

I do believe with all my heart it's them checking up on me..

Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,324,249 times
My daughter perished in a fatal car wreck 16 years ago. During the first couple of years both of us experienced all kinds of strange phenomenons that led us to conclude without question that she was visiting us. (So did some of her friends.) It rarely happens anymore but two Christmases ago "she" pulled a good one, and it was pretty special.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:25 AM

865 posts, read 1,492,134 times
Years ago, my Mom gave me a guardian angel type of metal bookmarker to stick in my car to "protect me" while driving. I kept it for years, from car to car, etc. She passed away very recently, and I held her hand as they disconnected the machines and watch her live slip away in merely minutes (she had no chance of survival and was on life support). After it happened, I went to my car to grab the gaurdian angel and rub it...but it was gone! I can only think that she took it because it is replaced by her now. My family thinks it is just lost and I am nuts!

Old 11-02-2013, 04:31 PM

745 posts, read 1,651,174 times
My Mom would come to me in unusual types of a dream.
This always left me feeling good.
This continued for several years, during which she kept appearing younger and younger. In her last visit she looked about 20, so pretty and rosey cheeked.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:52 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,406,647 times
Several months ago, I was on eBay looking for a scapular. I never bought it. My dad died this Halloween. On Saturday, we buried him. That night, I was walking my dog, and when we got back home I told him to release something that he had in his mouth. When he did, it was a new scapular in a clear plastic bag.

The next day I bought some milk for my mom. I remembered that he would always have me buy them MacArthur brand. While at the grocery store, I momentarily debated whether or not to buy the store brand or the MacArthur. I went with the MacArthur. Once I got the change from the cashier, I noticed that it was an old penny. The ones that say one cent. I thought to myself.... What year is this penny? When I looked at it, it was the year that my dad was born.

These can all be coincidence, but I feel that it was his way of telling me that he was with me.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 PM

39,323 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Around four or five months after I lost my late boyfriend to suicide, I saw a bright gold color Orb in my bedroom. As soon as I asked, "XXXX, is it you?" The gold orb disappeared. I was very convinced that he came back and paid me a visit.

I also had two very comforting visitation dreams from him.

I am a believer of life after death. My late boyfriend convinced me. The incidence of the gold orb is the single most healing moment of my entire grief journey.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,396,384 times
Yes, it is my most vivid, most profound childhood memory. I remember every detail. It has shaped my philosophy on life and convinced me of an afterlife.

My father passed away after a long illness when I was 7. About a week after his death, I was awakened in the middle of the night. In my initial groggy state, I knew someone was there, but I was not afraid. I sat up in bed. There was a bright light coming out of the west bedroom wall. I felt there was a figure in the light, but I couldn't make it out. I remember becoming alert and asking "Who are you?" in my mind (I did not speak anything aloud). I was initially confused, but not afraid.

I remember squinting into the light (though it didn't hurt my eyes) wondering for a few seconds if it was Jesus, Mary, or God (I was Catholic)... Then I was no longer confused, I knew it was my father - he made it known to me without a word. I felt his love and warmth and knew he was close.

No words were ever spoken but I begged for him to stay with me and he responded, in my head, that he couldn't. I asked if I could go with him. He said I could not. I asked if I would ever see him again. He said yes, but it would be a very long time. I felt then he was leaving me and I started crying as the light receded back into the wall until it was gone.

I immediately jumped up and turned on the room light. I went to the wall and touched it, trying to figure out where the light had gone. I looked around my room but knew he was gone. I was crying because I missed him, but I also felt a sense of peace and reassurance. I remember I did not want to leave my room to tell my mom in case he decided to come back. I was hoping he would come back.

The next morning, I woke up and went to the breakfast table. My mom, paternal grandmother, and baby (1 y.o.) sister were there. I told my family the story about my dad visiting me. Both my mom and grandma informed me that he had also visited them the night before - they were certain of it and we all started crying. I told them I think he probably visited my sister also, but she couldn't talk to tell us about it. For years, I'd ask her if she remembered anything.

For over 30 years, I have replayed every detail of this event in my mind - and I remember every detail and feeling I had. I have never had an experience or even a dream like that before, or ever since. I am a very rational person. I wouldn't believe this story if someone else told it to me - but I know I experienced it.

What does it mean? Could it have possibly been a dream? No, it was real and vivid, different from a dream. I was awake when it happened - I got up and turned on the light and touched the wall. And how to explain my other family members having similar experiences that night?

And why is it so similar to other people's published experiences with the bright light? At 7, I knew nothing about these type of stories- how could I just make that all up in my young mind? No other explanation makes sense to me, except to accept that my father visited me - to have faith. I feel when I see him again, he will ask me how I could ever even question the validity of the experience.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 11-11-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning