Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times

Advertisements

There are some fantastic, and very encouraging, testimonies on this thread

I too believe our loved ones are still with us even after they have left their human bodies, and twice have received comforting messages myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,236,915 times
What an awesome experience, GoCubs! I'm sorry your Daddy died so young when YOU were so young.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Now that I know of the "penny" mythology, I turned back my bedcovers to get into bed one night and there was a penny smack dab in the middle of the bed! I hadn't gotten into bed with my jeans still on so I took that as another "hi" from Earl.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,587,722 times
I have saved all the mysterious pennies I've found and keep them in a box. I absolutely know they are a sign from Bob as they only started appearing after he died. My most recent one was just a few weeks ago.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I have saved all the mysterious pennies I've found and keep them in a box. I absolutely know they are a sign from Bob as they only started appearing after he died. My most recent one was just a few weeks ago.
The penny in the bed was last month. I didn't expect to "hear" from Earl after that sign from the instrumental channel I had on that I told you guys about. ("I'll See You Again")

Old 11-13-2013, 11:59 PM

Tami, they still love us, and want to let us know. The surprise penny every now and then is how they tell us...

Old 04-02-2015, 06:19 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Yes, it is my most vivid, most profound childhood memory. I remember every detail. It has shaped my philosophy on life and convinced me of an afterlife.

My father passed away after a long illness when I was 7. About a week after his death, I was awakened in the middle of the night. In my initial groggy state, I knew someone was there, but I was not afraid. I sat up in bed. There was a bright light coming out of the west bedroom wall. I felt there was a figure in the light, but I couldn't make it out. I remember becoming alert and asking "Who are you?" in my mind (I did not speak anything aloud). I was initially confused, but not afraid.

I remember squinting into the light (though it didn't hurt my eyes) wondering for a few seconds if it was Jesus, Mary, or God (I was Catholic)... Then I was no longer confused, I knew it was my father - he made it known to me without a word. I felt his love and warmth and knew he was close.

No words were ever spoken but I begged for him to stay with me and he responded, in my head, that he couldn't. I asked if I could go with him. He said I could not. I asked if I would ever see him again. He said yes, but it would be a very long time. I felt then he was leaving me and I started crying as the light receded back into the wall until it was gone.

I immediately jumped up and turned on the room light. I went to the wall and touched it, trying to figure out where the light had gone. I looked around my room but knew he was gone. I was crying because I missed him, but I also felt a sense of peace and reassurance. I remember I did not want to leave my room to tell my mom in case he decided to come back. I was hoping he would come back.

The next morning, I woke up and went to the breakfast table. My mom, paternal grandmother, and baby (1 y.o.) sister were there. I told my family the story about my dad visiting me. Both my mom and grandma informed me that he had also visited them the night before - they were certain of it and we all started crying. I told them I think he probably visited my sister also, but she couldn't talk to tell us about it. For years, I'd ask her if she remembered anything.

For over 30 years, I have replayed every detail of this event in my mind - and I remember every detail and feeling I had. I have never had an experience or even a dream like that before, or ever since. I am a very rational person. I wouldn't believe this story if someone else told it to me - but I know I experienced it.

What does it mean? Could it have possibly been a dream? No, it was real and vivid, different from a dream. I was awake when it happened - I got up and turned on the light and touched the wall. And how to explain my other family members having similar experiences that night?

And why is it so similar to other people's published experiences with the bright light? At 7, I knew nothing about these type of stories- how could I just make that all up in my young mind? No other explanation makes sense to me, except to accept that my father visited me - to have faith. I feel when I see him again, he will ask me how I could ever even question the validity of the experience.
sometimes there are just no answers to things....just go with it, believe it and enjoy it for what it is....and you will see him again.

hugs....

Old 04-06-2015, 04:24 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,699,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Tami, they still love us, and want to let us know. The surprise penny every now and then is how they tell us...
I also have pennies that appear! It just makes me smile!

Old 04-06-2015, 05:37 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,322,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I also have pennies that appear! It just makes me smile!
After my daughter died I went through a period finding pennies in groups of '3' all the time. While taking walks I would find 3 pennies close together or spread out in a line, and even while riding my bike. I knew it had to be her but I've never determined why '3'. It could have stood for I Love You, or symbolized us three. The final time kinda' freaked me out but in a good way. I was waiting in line at the grocery store and I checked my coin purse for change. No pennies - at all. When it was time to pay the cashier I opened my coin purse again, and right on top were 3 pennies! Right on the bills, even. I felt even a bit alarmed. But that was the last time. I still look out for pennies in groups of 3 but it has never happened since.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 AM

I just found a penny today on the floor of the passenger side of my car. At first I thought maybe it fell out of my purse, but I don't carry loose change in my purse, and I haven't paid cash for anything in a long time. I am positive it wasn't there yesterday when I put a couple of grocery bags on the front passenger seat, I would have seen it, but it was there this afternoon. I smiled and said, "Thank you, I love you!" out loud while looking up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning