Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 11:04 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,443,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
My wife always told me that I was a trying person and then she would smile so I knew she meant it in a good way.

Also appreciate the "sweetie" lil sis. (((HUGS)))
Ah Bluff, We'd sure be lost without you. Virtual hugs are always a welcome gift few can refuse.

Please help keep Tami the same way you have. We depend on you for that

I hope you have a peaceful Christmas and are able to remember sweet memories of your wife

Sending a virtual hug across the miles.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 11:14 AM

Default You Brought Tears - - Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Hello everyone. Yes, I do still weep for my beloved daughter. Dec 26 is the day she departed this life. It is still shocking to me at many levels, and it's been years now, since that day. It's like new parts of my being or my brain keep discovering that she's no longer to be found anywhere on this earth.

She was an amazing young woman; mother to three daughters, and what a good mother she was! I did my best, as she was growing up, but you know, she went way beyond anything I knew to try to teach her. I honour her for her love and dedication to her girls and to her husband.
Macrina,

Thank you so much for your lovely note and all it contained. I wept when I read it.

This is a tender time for all who have lost someone. After I read your note and also thought of you missing your daughter too, I wanted to share this song with you. I decided to post it openly as it may help another. Wishing you a peaceful Christmas full of memories and hoping you receive some of what you share with others.

Amy Grant and Breath of Heaven -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdLwZCprtkI

Merry Christmas my friend and thank you!!

MSR

Old 12-25-2013, 12:12 PM

971 posts, read 1,454,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Ah Bluff, We'd sure be lost without you. Virtual hugs are always a welcome gift few can refuse.

Please help keep Tami the same way you have. We depend on you for that

I hope you have a peaceful Christmas and are able to remember sweet memories of your wife

Sending a virtual hug across the miles.

MSR
Thank you for the virtual hug and uplifting message MSR

Tami(lil sis).........maybe the same situation as it was with my wife........I chased her until she caught me. LOL All kidding side, Tami hs helped me more than I have for her. IMHO

Son and grandson was to bring Christmas dinner to my house. Son called that they had taken his S/O to the hospital. Info forth coming.

Last Friday an email informed me that cousin #3 had passed. I am the oldest cousin #1 of our 8 cousins. Time marches on.

Wish you MSR and all posters a very peaceful MERRY CHRISTMAS and many ((((HUGS))).

BD

Old 12-25-2013, 02:35 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Aww, Bluff, I am SO unhappy to hear that you are unexpectedly spending Christmas alone! Wish we were closer, we could spend it together and I could cook! Damn. I'm thinking of you, bb. Cyber hug will have to do. (((HUG)))

ls

Old 12-25-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Aww, Bluff, I am SO unhappy to hear that you are unexpectedly spending Christmas alone! Wish we were closer, we could spend it together and I could cook! Damn. I'm thinking of you, bb. Cyber hug will have to do. (((HUG)))

ls
Well one of you is going to have to move.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Well one of you is going to have to move.
LOL, not I, MSR! Not moving to anywhere that has MORE snow than I already get!

I had a nice, quiet, peaceful day with the 'puter and tv and my animals. Didn't think much about it being Christmas and didn't get myself "blue". Nope, not one tear shed. This is good, IMO. Bought myself a present last week, a Citizen's eco drive watch. It's beautiful, looks like a Rolex but affordable.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:20 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,877,383 times
I know this feeling as well. The other night I was in the car with my daughter, 29, and she said something about my husband and I just lost it. He's been gone 11 years. She chalked it up to me having a really rough year having lost all in the Hurricane in NJ. I am not sure, but I do know, I'm still not anywhere near where I should be yet. After that, I heard a Christmas song by Jim Reeves that was my Mom and Dad to a tee. (Old Christmas Card) That made me definitely use a box of tissues! Love to all my fellow C-D brothers and sisters this holiday season.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:10 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
Quote:
Macrina,

Thank you so much for your lovely note and all it contained. I wept when I read it.

This is a tender time for all who have lost someone. After I read your note and also thought of you missing your daughter too, I wanted to share this song with you. I decided to post it openly as it may help another. Wishing you a peaceful Christmas full of memories and hoping you receive some of what you share with others.

Amy Grant and Breath of Heaven -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdLwZCprtkI

Merry Christmas my friend and thank you!!

MSR
Thank you so much, MSR! I appreciate your kindness & sensitivity.
You have a gift for finding exactly the words to fit your thought.

That's a lovely song by Amy Grant, and I don't think I'd ever heard it.

Mary the Mother of God is all-merciful and understanding of mothers' grief.
She is a great comfort and solace to me and to any others who believe in her Son.
Thank you for turning my attention toward her at this time of sadness.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:19 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I know this feeling as well. The other night I was in the car with my daughter, 29, and she said something about my husband and I just lost it. He's been gone 11 years. She chalked it up to me having a really rough year having lost all in the Hurricane in NJ. I am not sure, but I do know, I'm still not anywhere near where I should be yet. After that, I heard a Christmas song by Jim Reeves that was my Mom and Dad to a tee. (Old Christmas Card) That made me definitely use a box of tissues! Love to all my fellow C-D brothers and sisters this holiday season.
Jrsygrl, I don't think there's any timetable or requirement that a some point one no longer grieves. Your sadness and tears are there because of your love for him, which is enduring. You're doing the very best you can.

I'm so sorry to hear about your having lost all your possessions in the NJ hurricane. I can't even imagine how traumatic that must be and what it's like to struggle on. And I think grief over different things has a cumulative effect. At least it does for me.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:21 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,877,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Jrsygrl, I don't think there's any timetable or requirement that a some point one no longer grieves. Your sadness and tears are there because of your love for him, which is enduring. You're doing the very best you can.

I'm so sorry to hear about your having lost all your possessions in the NJ hurricane. I can't even imagine how traumatic that must be and what it's like to struggle on. And I think grief over different things has a cumulative effect. At least it does for me.
OH I agree, and thanks for what you said. I always miss him more around the holidays, especially Christmas as we got engaged around that time. Dad passed suddenly Christmas Day 2008, so there's that as well. Mine lately does seem to be related to the Hurricane, the loss of things I cannot replace and can't seem to get help for, as well as being in 6 feet of water in that house during the storm and thinking we might not make it out. I know things will take time, and thank you for what you said, it truly does help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning