Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:50 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times

Advertisements

I want to give you guys updates just not sure if it is ok with CD rules but here goes.

Update from her sister.

"Yesterday's progress has remained about the same today. She has a little bit more of a reflex today. when you touch her hand, she may squeeze back. Still unconscious, she is off of the sedation medication still and they stopped giving her blood pressure medication and she is maintaining that on her own.

"Morning Update: Not much has changed since last night. She is not going to have surgery today because her Intracranial Pressure levels are to high when they lay her flat. The doctors are making their rounds now so we will know more soon.

"Afternoon Update:" She is being weaned off of her IV pain medicine and she is being given pain medicine directly in to her stomach. The pain medicine that she has been on through the IV is strong and causes allot of drowsiness; by switching her to the pain medicine that goes to her stomach will create a more natural way for her body to adapt. The pain meds are for her one shattered ankle and the other broken ankle ...and the headache. They are also lowering the dosages of the pain medicine, creating less drowsiness. Another positive is her lungs are over riding the ventilator which means she is breathing on her own. Not 100% but she is starting to steadily breath and over ride it. They will keep her on the ventilator until she wakes up that way her body isn't stressed about breathing and can focus on healing the rest of her. It's a miracle that she is still here with us, and it is a miracle that she is healing the way she is."

She has a long way to go but if you could only see the damage to her car you would realize she is very lucky to be recovering in this manner. If anyone is in the giving mode there is a medical donation site that has been set up for her. DM me and I can send the link.

Thank you for all of your prayers, your healing thoughts, and sending Guardian Angels. She still has a long way to go. Won't know the extinct of the brain trauma until she is conscious.

Thank you all very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,073,762 times
Thank you for the update.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:26 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Here is today's afternoon update...sigh.

"I talked to the neurologist not to long ago and today was mainly resting. She had an episode last night ( unconsciously) and since then has been unable to control her own ICP levels (the pressure in her head) and so she is back on the sedatives, to help her relax and give her brain time to heal. She had the accident Thursday evening and the brain suffered severe diffuse axonal damage...we have to be patient waiting for the swelling to go down. Right now the ventilator is doing most of the work because she is back on the sedation medicine.

I sit in the room balling my eyes out next to sister because I want my sister back..."

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Then why are you here?
To offer some support to someone who needs it without being hypocritical.

TVC: I do hope your friend recovers. Such a terrible story. It saddens me deeply to think of her kids and to think how you must feel being 2000 miles away and unable to help her or her family. My wish is for peace for you all.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:37 PM

Please keep sending healing prayers, thoughts and send your Guardian Angels to assist. Today was not a good update. I hope things turn around very soon.

To learn more about this tragedy.

Medical bills, Child care,family expense by Amy Finnegan - GoFundMe

Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Wow. The photo of her wrecked car in the link you provided, TVC15, is terrifying. It's a miracle that anyone could have survived such an accident. I've been praying for her and her family and friends and anxiously await a positive update.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:22 AM

Thank you TFW46. I wish I could post a more positive update. Here is the latest update from her sister:

"Morning update: Her night was calm and she was able to get some rest, her ICP levels are still high so they will be watching it carefully through out the day. The neurology team will be by later and we may learn more. ICP levels are generally high with this sort of brain trauma and it's because of the swelling and the brain trying to heal itself. We now also have secretion; the nurse told me it's similar to if one of us had a cough. They will be doing a chest x-ray in the next few hours which will tell us where we stand with that.

*faith, prayers and miracles*"

Old 04-23-2014, 12:11 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Prayers coming your way.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:52 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Prayers for your beloved friend. And her medical team. And you. Nice of you to ask for prayers.
Absolutely! Prayers sent from Colorado.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:47 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,241 times
~~~~Sending Beams of Light and Love ~~~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning