Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
About 32 yrs ago I was living in Hawaii and had a newborn baby..living with my mother in law...she had a son that died when he was a little boy..she had a picture of him in the hallway and I would look at his little face....One day I was nursing my son in the living room and something caught my eye in the doorway to the hall...It was him..he had his face looking at us smiling..and then he was gone...

Fast forward to 2 years ago I went to a psychic group reading like Long Island Medium does..just a local psychic....the psychic said she was getting the vibes from a young boy.. that drowned...(that is how he died!)..probably 7 or 8 ( he was 8 when he died), she said there was like a Dennis the Menace connection..and those were her words...then said also I see an April connection...he drowned while playing hooky from school with his brother DENNIS and Dennis's birthday is April 11 and mine is April 7th..My Mother in law ALWAYS called him Dennis the Menace...I left that reading feeling shocked..TOO MANY COINCIDENCES....I was always a skeptic too..not now...
I just got goosebumps reading your post, linda! How incredible for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 10:16 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
While driving last week 9 hours to be with family the day my father died, I kept feeling a message from my father. The message was, "I'm sorry". And I know exactly why he was telling me that.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 PM

722 posts, read 1,328,340 times
it's all in your imagination, when a person dies the body is just the shell, why would they reappear with their body when their spirit or soul has left it's shell? why do ghosts need clothing?

people always say they saw a ghost wearing 1850's or vintage clothing of some type? why dont people ever see modern ghosts wearing modern styles? why is it always old fashion or old days? modern people die the same as they did back in the old days.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
Because the departed know that we wouldn't recognize them if they didn't look like we remembered them? If someone died in 1840 but came back looking like a modern person, they wouldn't be identifiable or recognizable to us mere mortals.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:58 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,100,287 times
I have never seen a ghost or vision, but I have had my father come to me in a dream to tell me he was fine and that he wanted me to stop crying and be happy.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:47 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Because the departed know that we wouldn't recognize them if they didn't look like we remembered them? If someone died in 1840 but came back looking like a modern person, they wouldn't be identifiable or recognizable to us mere mortals.
Great post Marcy!...Sometimes, I think how hard it must be for people who view death as the absolute "end." When they lose loved ones, they don't have anything to "cling to" or a sense that their loved ones are still "around."...I'm glad that I believe that life "goes on." And, I've had "visitations" and unusual experiences myself.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:34 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
CA ~~ Bob always said "Dust to dust, ashes to ashes. There's no afterlife." Yet when I had my first dream/conversation with him about 9 months after he died, I said to him in the dream "I thought you said dead was dead. The end." He laughed and said, "Guess it's never too late to learn something new." And the dream ended. That was 5 years ago. Now, I rarely dream of him, but when I do, they're just regular dreams, and we do normal things like in any dream I had of him when he was alive. Very rarely does he ever really speak to me outside his role in the dream.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:26 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,100,287 times
My aunt once told me that after her mother died, she saw a vision. Her father (my grandfather) had died several years before and the night her mother died, my aunt was asleep in bed and woke up to see her father and mother come into the room, holding hands and smiling. Then they faded away. That was all. But it gave my aunt great comfort that they were together again.

I myself dreamed of my grandfather after he died, but it was just a feeling dream. I dreamed that grampa was hugging me. (He had a big belly, so being hugged by grampa was like being engulfed by him - a unique feeling.) I just dreamed this feeling, and awoke still feeling his arms around me. There was literally no visual, just the hug and the feeling of love. I have always believed that really was grampa, delivering a message of comfort and love.

In that dream I referenced above, my father was wearing of 40s or 50s suit and fedora and he looked that young, too. I always thought that he appeared that way because that is how he was most comfortable, or perhaps most in his prime.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:56 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
I have never "seen" my daughter after she passed, but we've had all other kinds of experiences that convinces us that she visits. One of them was a big smack (kiss) on my ear, and I jumped up from the chair like a bolt of lightening and saw no body there.

One of her friends insists 17 years later that she "saw" my daughter waving to her in a crowd, and when she looked back again she was not there. Another friend had a very strong olfactory experience that sent her to our house asking to smell my daughter's perfumes (and, yes, she identified it). It goes on and on.

But I haven't seen her. Maybe someday.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
it's all in your imagination, when a person dies the body is just the shell, why would they reappear with their body when their spirit or soul has left it's shell? why do ghosts need clothing?

people always say they saw a ghost wearing 1850's or vintage clothing of some type? why dont people ever see modern ghosts wearing modern styles? why is it always old fashion or old days? modern people die the same as they did back in the old days.

Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning