Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 12:47 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,326,647 times

Advertisements

My insurance covers 20 visits and then I suppose you go back now and again. My problem is my co-pay is $25 and that would be 2 times a week for 10 weeks. I have already felt some relief and he does sports medicine so I'm sure he's seen it all. Like I mentioned before he does acupuncture treatments too with little spot thingies not with a needle. I use to go to a chiropractor years ago and loved it. I just don't want to cover up my problem with medications and then have possible surgeries. Those so often turn out poorly. You need to find a chiropractor that is highly recommended--that's why I drive 30 miles to this one. There are several in my town but I don't want to go and not get some results. It's something to consider elston.
I didn't sleep again last night--stayed up until 9pm--I made myself stay up until then so I would sleep better--didn't work--was wide awake at 2am. Be happy when this week is over and done!

Old 11-04-2015, 02:09 PM

I was just asked to cover for the other girl who has a back problem. I told her I just couldn't do it...I'm exhausted and I sure don't want to undo what I just had done at the chiropractors even though I work tomorrow--one extra day can be a good thing. I do need the money but I also need my arm! Besides I so need to get some sleep!!

Old 11-04-2015, 04:29 PM

218 posts, read 207,785 times
Cyn,

Just dropped in to see what's happening.. seems I get dropped from the thread if I don't contribute for a couple days. We'll see if this gets me email notice of the next post.

I got back from my trip to Colorado and neighboring states on Halloween .. Saw Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon and the Meteor crater. Also saw a lot of scenery gong 80 mph down the highway, much two lane, not Interstate. Was enjoyable to share with my HS/Navy/BestMan buddy but I still had periods of sadness that my wife was not with me.. would never again be with me.

Then my Bereavement group last night was a disappointment, the subject was mostly about psychic readings.. a couple of the ladies had consulted such. I was the only guy there too, 9 women (one the moderator) and me. I was way to pragmatic to get much from the discussion albeit, some amazing and near unbelievable descriptions of what the psychic told them.

Overall my heath has been good except an attack of jock itch (sorry for the rough language but I think that is what is it called) that migrated to my rear and stomach. Some over the counter ointment and washing with dial soap seems help, but still have a minor itch feeling. I haven't consulted a doctor but will if I'm not better soon.

A good night's sleep remains problematic for me.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:47 AM

Good to see you back Jerry--you have been missed but am happy you got away for a nice enjoyable vacation! All of the grief groups around here are basically all women. Not sure why that is .......Sorry your group wasn't much help. I don't put others down for believing any way they want such as psychic readings but personally I would have a difficult time doing it. Like you, sleep is very problematic for me right now. Just a lot on my mind and the time change has added even more difficulty. Was up at 3am last night. Least I slept an hour longer then the night before. I kept falling asleep in my recliner watching tv trying to stay awake until at least 9pm. I am working until 9pm--won't get home until nearly 10pm on Saturday so have been really working on my night hours but with little success. At least today I work daytime!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:01 AM

Hum, we were awake about the same time last night. I turned on the light and browsed the web a bit in a small tablet computer... finally went back to sleep. It seems when I am having the most trouble getting back to sleep I do better settling down with the light on - even take a nap before waking again and turning out the light. My dog doesn't mind the light.

Sounds like you are working a lot of hours, the management must be happy with your performance, and business good enough to keep open, something we employees have to keep in mind when we do our work tasks: the business staying open depends on our performance. Good thing for the "boss" to remember too, a happy employee is the most productive.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:32 AM

Can't sleep again, getting worse?? Maybe the visit with family and friends last week triggered something in the subconscious... that and the disappointing bereavement session last Tue.

I will walk my dog around 8, and go to the dog shelter by 10... that will get my mine out of its ruminating state, I hope.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:24 AM

I really don't work to many hours and 2-3 days a week usually. But my boss knows I work hard when I am there. I just found out my blood sugar level is up so when I go to the doctor for my physical today I will see what he has to say. I think it's just my poor eating habits so I can probably take care of it by doing better by eating healthy! I hope so anyhow! Another misty foggy day---
I had another bad sleep night too Jerry--maybe the time of year is effecting you and I? Went to bed at 10pm and was wide awake at 3am---but I was also thinking about my blood tests results so maybe that was my problem last night?!

Old 11-06-2015, 05:46 AM

I was reading a few minutes ago on the web how soda (due to sugar mostly) can increase the risk of artery disease.. hardening of arteries. I like to drink about 12 oz of cola a day split between two drinks, usually with a shot of whiskey, the latter may offset the sugar, Ha, nice thought. I think my two or three drinks, counting beer, a day is more of a risk than the soda and while I suffer from heart disease, artery problems are not part of the problem. I had valve surgery years ago, never a bypass... or sign of need for one. I take Calcium Channel Blocker meds anyway to lower my heart rate, that also relaxes the arteries, I believe.

Hum, oh yes, your blood sugar test results, could be due, as you suspect, to what you are ingesting. You may need to only cut back, not completely change your sugar intake. Sadly, sugar is in most things that taste good (my view).

Old 11-06-2015, 06:52 AM

I think for me cutting back is not the issue as much as what I eat or take. I have been doing some research (I always do when I encounter problems) and just taking the Motrin as much as I have been for my arm could have made my blood sugar spike and then I read where it shouldn't make a difference! Guess I just have to be patient and see what my doctor thinks!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 11-06-2015 at 08:04 AM..

Old 11-06-2015, 12:00 PM

Doctor didn't seem to think there is a problem. My BP is 120 over 60 and everything else seems okay so he took one more test just to make sure. I feel better now. I did lose a pound--go figure! Ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.