Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 02:03 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Anyone up here have any ideas on what might make me so anxious today? The only thing I have done different is I didn't take an allergy pill...antihistamine, as I didn't feel like I really needed it. Could that make a person anxious? I've had to take them for about a week or so. Just curious. The weather is lovely so it's not that...maybe just one of those days???
Just Googled and it appears it can cause anxiety when stopping even after a short use--so what's new? Ha!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 09-30-2015 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 10-01-2015, 06:28 AM

Looks like I am the only one posting up here the last few days?
I'm a little worried because there are 2 storms heading our way--a hurricane and another with a cold front--they are suppose to hit on top of us---course weather changes and I just hope it misses us a little. It is suppose to last through the weekend and of course I work today and Saturday. They said on the news this is suppose to be the most rain we have gotten in such a short time in many years..... I'm not very use to driving under those conditions so will take it very slow and easy! I never use to let weather bother me but for some reason now it really does. I suppose because my animals count on me being here to care for them.....and this weather here is totally different from California.
Hope everyone is doing good!

Old 10-01-2015, 08:40 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
We're out here. Its a rainy, cloudy week here in GA, so I'm just in a blah holding pattern, waiting for the temp to cool down so we can get out into the yard for fall clean up.
So, I was wondering, why do you think you wake up during the night? I do this too sometimes, and so does hubby. We figured out it is because either we are thirsty, or something hurts. We started taking our pain med of choice (that we take during the day for arthritis) and a big glass of water at bedtime and it seems to help.
That middle of the night stewing is a real pain.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:53 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,796 times
I get up at least 3 to 7 times a nite.. pain, bathroom. .. and lately I'm up at 1 or 2 am can't go back to sleep. .
That really makes for a long day... grrrr.

Yes, about the antihistamines at least some of them.. Loretdine (sp)ie Claritin no side effects. .

Most all the other others will interfere with sleep and especially if you're a tea or coffee drinker.. even most sodas have caffeine. .

Anot her reason for not sleeping is when your routine changes.. ie.. new job.. new stresses. different sleep schedule than you used to have.

The best thing is to re establish your routine. .reset your circadian clock..
I always keep blinds open for natural light and it's important to get 15 min outside in natural light per day and of course at least 25 minutes per day of exercise anything counts.. walking.. whatever..

Try to eat at the same time too.

Hope this helps.. also melitonin is a natural ingredient that can be purchased for sleep or to get the same effect drink a cup of real milk.. warm prior to bedtime, it has the same ingredient.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 AM

Thanks to both of you for some good ideas. I did notice when I take my Motrin before I go to bed I sleep better. I too wake up at 2am and cannot go back to sleep. My mind starts racing. Last night I was concerned about my dogs and this weather but they were dry and fine this morning. The worst of this storm is still coming--and I have to drive to work in it. Ugh! It was pretty bad last night--kept me with one eye open most of the night. It's odd how weather never use to bother me--I slept through it all and didn't worry like I do now. My home is solid and no leaks or trees close enough to do any damage but I worry anyhow. I feel like it's because now I am solely the responsible one for everything here. Before, I knew my DH and I would take care of everything together. Suppose that is my self confidence lacking again. It takes time I know. I canceled my therapist appointment today because of the weather and her office is about a half hour drive. I will reschedule it for next week as I know she helps me a lot.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:57 AM

Wicked weather here....wish my DH was here with me.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:12 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Hi Cyn!
Sorry I'm not around much these days, no daily visits to CD lately.
I hope you are doing better.
I hear you about bad weather, it was crazy here yesterday, and more rain is expected this week. Please stay safe.
Big hugs!

Old 10-04-2015, 11:40 AM

As always you are a love Sucaro--so full of compassion!
I was talking to my girlfriend who also lost her husband a little over a year ago and she agrees this time is much more difficult now after that first year mark so at least I do know it isn't just me. We both would just like things to get better faster....who wouldn't? But we have decided to plow forward with the help of each other! I have asked her to to come to my sons house for Thanksgiving and she has accepted. Having company with me will make it more fun! Still working on Christmas but she works mail delivery and she said she is usually exhausted at Christmas....we'll see.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
I'm so happy you have this friend. It's important for both of you to have someone who can really understand the struggles you faced, and those you are facing now.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:41 AM

Today I find a new homeowners insurance. Somehow I let the other one lapse although I don't remember even getting a bill but to be fair I receive so many insurance ads in the mail it could have easily been tossed. I pay yearly and I can't even remember getting the insurance last year because I got it 7 days after my DH passed away. I was in a fog.... Anyhow things happen for a reason (I hope) and perhaps I will find a good deal on a good local homeowners insurance. I asked my old insurance if they could just reinstate my insurance explaining my situation but they want to rewrite a whole new one. Seems silly when it expired on 9/17/2015 but as I said must be a reason. It made for a very stressful week-end especially with this weather being so bad. My boss called and asked if I could help out tomorrow for a few hours so I will be working 3 days this week. Still dealing with very bad windy conditions and some rain but at least we didn't get the brunt of this storm! I feel so badly for those who did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.