Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2015, 05:32 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

I am at such a loss with paypal. I know they need to know that my DH has passed but I just do not know how to keep his account up and going. I have a paypal card on the account but there are things you must do to make it your account on ebay and I just don't know what it is. I no longer have power of attorney once he passed away so that makes it even tougher.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Is the bank account attached to his account in both your names?
If so, this may apply.
"PayPal is a little trickier, since they are a financial business and subject to outside rules. You can add up to 8 email addresses to one PayPal account. She needs to double-check the payment section on the listing form to make sure that the e-mail address there is attached to the PayPal account, so payments go to the right place. If the PayPal account bank info etc. is in your dad's(husband's) name only then she should open her own PayPal account."

Old 03-11-2015, 01:06 PM

Thanks old_cold. I have a gal working with me at paypal trying to just use my card and email address and delete my DH's. I do have access to the money I was just freaked because all of a sudden a lot more money showed up. Still don't understand that. The problem now is I also have my own ebay account--I used it to play on mostly and buy a few items years ago but now I must close it in order to have everything in my name on my DH's account. It is a mess but we are taking it step by step and this little gal is an angel for helping me. In fact she is calling me back next week after we are sure my account is closed and she is going to take me step by step through the whole process of putting all the money in my paypal account and then closing my DH's. I just feel like they are going to need a death cert but we'll see. I have some here if they do.
I fell into pieces yesterday---just to much stress so today I am taking it easy. I have to go to the post office but then I am coming home and relaxing. Once again it is cloudy but still nice and warm. I refused to get any more of the Ritalin yesterday and told my doctor I am going to wean off of the old kind I still have. I have to get these drugs out of my system and figure out what I need if I do in fact need anything. I have a therapist appointment next Monday. I think my big problem is I have not given myself much time to grieve or to feel bad.....but instead stressed on money issues. Oh they will still be here but I need to take care of me too. So I am going to try to not be so hard on myself which will be a hard deal for me but it is a start!

Old 03-12-2015, 12:21 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Hello CYN,

Im sorry your having some problems sweetie...... I trust it will all be worked out

Old 03-12-2015, 03:12 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning.....hope tht it is a better day!

Old 03-12-2015, 12:38 PM

It's a beautiful day here......the weather is perfect!

Old 03-12-2015, 02:27 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Glad for that cyn and that you are able to see it and appreciate it. Beautiful day here too.....its quite warm about 87 but breezy and brilliant blue sky.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:11 AM

Looks like rain here again....but warm still. Not as warm as you guys elston! Today is day 1 without my ADHD medication. We'll see. I have my Hospice therapist coming by in a little while. That will be good. Kind of a quiet day--even on ebay---but some days are like that. Have a good day everyone.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Looks like rain here again....but warm still. Not as warm as you guys elston! Today is day 1 without my ADHD medication. We'll see. I have my Hospice therapist coming by in a little while. That will be good. Kind of a quiet day--even on ebay---but some days are like that. Have a good day everyone.
Money worries throws the best of us off Cyn. Anyway, enjoy the quite while it lasts. Have a good weekend too.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:31 AM

Rain today and colder. I am now really feeling the lack of my medication but I am holding on and doing my best to keep my head on straight. I packaged a couple of items I sold, went to the post office and then had 3 stores to go to to get some necessities. I got home by noon and after putting everything away went on to ebay only to find myself in yet another pickle. A good one I might add. I had 2 packs of push rods (what ever those are) and a man bought one pack for a great deal and already paid for them--he made me an offer and right now I'm taking most offers because having them sitting here is doing me no good----anyhow he decided he wanted both packs. Well the shipping is free and so I could have combined them but he had already paid for one--so then I was trying to figure out how I could ship them for the least amount and found out I have two different sizes of push rods here but had them advertised as the same. I was frantic. Finally after writing the guy about 10 times he sent me his phone number and I called him. He was on his way out but will call me back and said we'd work this out. The Lord is watching over me! Now when we get this over and done then I'm going to take a rest! Have a good day everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.