Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 12:19 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Happy Mother's Day.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:07 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Happy Mothers Day Cyn and friends.

Tamiznluv, thanks for thinking of me. I could not update the details at all as he was home on saturday and sunday and I didnt want him to know that I have an online support system in place...

You know, funny thing. My actual native language is Tamil but we pronounce it as tamiz. There is a certain way we say Tamiz and I never really got the real way to pronounce it!

As for the 'talk' on Friday: He refused to accept that he went to the hookers. he said someone else must be using his phone or that his phone is hacked etc. He is lying.
At this point, I am just so beat that all I want to do is forget about him and think only about me and the babies. I dont think its right way to go about things but seriously, I have zero energy to even think about him.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:47 AM

I'm so glad to see you back, Maila. That's funny about your native language!

Oh my, my neck and shoulders were killing me yesterday from that manual push mower! I didn't go out yesterday or today to work in the yard because I need to go for an MRI Wednesday for my MS. I don't want to be stuck in that tube for almost 2 1/2 hours trying to be still if I have neck and shoulder pain. I sure got over a touch of claustrophobia after my 2nd MRI! I need one every 6 months. Once in a while I get lucky and the Neuro says I don't need another one for 12 months. Not enough times for me!

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. It's 85° and muggy. Trying not to turn the a/c on until I am really miserable. Don't want to Jack the electric bill up so early in the season. Still paying the gas bill from this miserable winter.

HAGD everyone.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm so glad to see you back, Maila. That's funny about your native language!

Oh my, my neck and shoulders were killing me yesterday from that manual push mower! I didn't go out yesterday or today to work in the yard because I need to go for an MRI Wednesday for my MS. I don't want to be stuck in that tube for almost 2 1/2 hours trying to be still if I have neck and shoulder pain. I sure got over a touch of claustrophobia after my 2nd MRI! I need one every 6 months. Once in a while I get lucky and the Neuro says I don't need another one for 12 months. Not enough times for me!

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. It's 85° and muggy. Trying not to turn the a/c on until I am really miserable. Don't want to Jack the electric bill up so early in the season. Still paying the gas bill from this miserable winter.

HAGD everyone.
your "tamiznlov" is in reference to the Debbie Reynolds song/movie not the tamil people of Shri Lanka....right?

Oh my A/C has been on 24/7 for about a month. occassionally we will have a cool night and I can leave the sliders open and shut off the A/C.....but not often. I havent used the heat down here in 2 years...but the A/C is essential.

Good Luck with the MRI.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:26 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Sounds like we are in the same boat with keeping the bills down--seems wrong to have to suffer but it is one of those necessary evils I suppose. I'm either cold or hot...sigh...
Maila, take a rest and let it go for now. You confronted him he is aware you know so now just see where it goes. You need a break girl!
Today was therapy...it went well. My therapist said she sees a healing in progress with me......strength and to keep reminding myself of that. She empowers me so I think that is a good thing! Once again I stopped by Harris Teeter to let them know I am still alive and interested in working there although the girl I usually talk to wasn't there they took my name again. My therapist told me not to give up---so I went from her office to the store! There are a few new big stores going up in town from what she told me so perhaps there will be more opportunities in the near future I hope.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:13 AM

Not sure what happened to me in the afternoon yesterday--maybe the medication weaning? Anyhow I was very anxious for no real reason...then I noticed that the storm door was not working properly. I guess when we took the refrigerator out yesterday (it was an older one and my neighbor bought it a year ago) we broke the adjustment on the storm door so now it doesn't close right. Then I saw thousands of these little bugs all over my back porch and many other places---guess they were hatching out but for some reason I got very upset about it all. I sprayed some poison (which I rarely use poison for anything) around the doors and windows to keep them outside and ended up with getting the spray on me when I was spraying around the door and windows so I quickly took a shower. I guess just all of it unnerved me and when I took my shower I cried through the whole shower. Maybe I just needed to cry? For some reason grieving seems to work that way for me--one good day followed by a couple of not so good days. I am determined to make today better. I am attending a lunch at the senior center at 11:30am and then at 5:30pm my friend is meeting me to go to the Zumba class. Trying so hard to stay busy!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
cyn you are amazing zumba zumba zumbe!

Old 05-12-2015, 12:35 PM

The lunch was good--little boiled potatoes with broccoli and cheese sauce and chicken fried steak with gravy of course--smile! I found the county commissioners interesting to listen to. It was a special lunch because they came to hear what the seniors had to say--and they had a lot t say! Ha! One of the guys on the board owns one of the places I put in a work application and he waved at me so at least he remembers me! Now to hire me....
Now the Zumba....I am terrified! I hope I can keep up. I stopped by this little used store to get the proper kind of pants so I guess I'm all set! Now to keep up and I know I will feel it tomorrow but I suppose that is a good thing. I am so terribly out of shape. I will give a full report.....
Thank you elston for the encouragement and support--as always!

Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 PM

Ugh, cyn, I would have freaked out with those bugs! I've had to overcome my fear of snakes, spiders and yellowjackets. No one else to do the killing. OMG, one night I entered the bathroom and there was a TARANTULA on the floor!!! I think I got some more gray hairs with that one! I took off my Croc and smooshed it. Now I wish I hadn't reacted that badly. I wish I had captured it in a jar and let it loose down at the river. I managed to not kill a snake and redirected it. Bugs though, kill!!

Great you are doing the Zumba. You will feel better once the muscles get used to being used. Go get 'em, girl!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:07 AM

Yes, the bugs did freak me out. I guess this was just their year! I asked my neighbor if they had the same problem and they do so it is what it is. Seems like they have slowed down now. Zumba was fun and I'm not even sore today! My girlfriend met me there and we enjoyed the workout dancing! They have it every Tuesday and Thursday so I hope to be able to go as much as possible.
My door closer on my storm door broke....when they took out the refrigerator I would guess. Didn't notice it until yesterday and then I attempted to repair it and really made a mess of it. I have asked my neighbor to stop by when he gets time to see if it can be fixed--if not guess I will pick up a new closer at Lowes today--ugh. I have been pretty anxious all morning so I guess that medication is doing it with the weaning. I will be so happy to be off of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.