Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 05:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

I was so tired from work and just going places so much with my girlfriend that I fell asleep about 7pm last night! Woke up at 10 pm and took care of some things I usually do before I go to bed and went back to bed. My arms are very sore today--we had 4 huge pallets of animal food to stock yesterday. When I came home my girlfriend needed to go to the store to shop for dinner---what a blessing she is----so I fed the animals and went to the store. I barely made it through dinner! Today I take Whitey in for his usual shot and am taking in Ferrah for a check up on her infected mouth. I pray there is no more problems! I just want them healthy and with their aging it is difficult.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:34 AM

My credit at the vets is now used up but I was so blessed to have that for the last few months. My dear neighbors know me so well and they know the importance of my animals to me. They could not have given me more precious gift! The gift of life for without my fur-babies my life would be so sad..... Now I just pray my critters stay healthy! I know Whitey is an on-going situation but I can do that.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:23 AM

Tomorrow I take my friend back to the airport and I am having some sad feelings about her going. I know that is all normal but it doesn't make it easier. Even Whitey is going to miss her as when she cooked meals she would give him treats...guess we'll just have to get back to our normal routine. I have to work today so that seems to make our little bit of time left together a little less.... I am happy about the time we have had and appreciate every minute we had together! I feel very blessed she came to stay for 2 weeks!

Old 01-09-2016, 05:44 AM

218 posts, read 207,577 times
Cyn,

Give your friend a big loving hug from your many friends here... I take license to act as spokesman at this moment. Thank her for spending the time with you and your critters, she really fit right in.

I got the final 4 windows in my living room (6 large double hung windows) installed yesterday, just in time for the cold turn in the weather. That project completed gives me some satisfaction from taking action. Seems getting involved in things that need doing (doesn't have to require high cost like replacement windows) is part of the path forward. Cyn, in your case you critters and work surely are in line with this advice, which I simply repeat, it is not something I came up with, but I think I feel some of the benefit claimed beginning with setting the appointment date for installation and reaching a peak right now

Without any claim for special connection: God Bless you and your friend, friends takes two or more people and that's the magic, people.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:21 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning everyone. Jerry glad you got your windows in....before the cold snap.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:06 AM

Thank you Jerry from my friend and me! I read her your post and she smiled!
Today we go to the airport--I am saddened our time together is over for now.
My ever changing schedule at work now looks like I will be working another day and a half. One of the girls wants me to take her Wednesday's and my boss has me set up to work every other Sunday night. I need the money so I suppose I will just do what needs to be done. I don't like that it's winter with ice and snow coming and I will have 2 night shifts but I will get use to it I hope. I hope everyone has a blessed day......

Last edited by cynwldkat; 01-10-2016 at 08:32 AM..

Old 01-11-2016, 05:11 AM

Had another bad nose bleed so am considering asking my doctor to cauterize my nose. This is just the beginning of the cold season and with daily nose bleeds already I have to do something. I miss my girlfriend so much---trying to stay busy!

Old 01-11-2016, 06:37 AM

218 posts, read 207,577 times
cyn,

Sorry to read of the nosebleed problem, remember the "NasalCease" product I mentioned. They run about $1 each in a pack of 4 or 5, best I can recall. I have not yet used one, boy that shows how well they work : ) Saline spray is often used and I try to put humidity into the house when heating... still low humidity.

I draw some comfort knowing I have an emergency means to stop bleeding in a small pack in my billfold. I carry only one, if the bleed was from both nostrils I'd be one short...maybe I'll add a second package to my billfold.

Keep in touch: email, telephone... with your friend, that's what I do with my long time buddy in Denver. Happily her became a married man again December 26. So, guess he'll have less time to waste gabbing with me. He already had an active life as a leader in his church and several family memebers to spend time with.

I'm still working on making more friends here, and have started a group email exchange with the members of my cancer center bereavement group. I am yet to get one or more to participate in an event I attend, but I keep trying with a generalized advertisment not specific a personal pressure to go somewhere I'm going.

Last edited by Jerry_NJ; 01-11-2016 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Correct word to "used".

Old 01-11-2016, 11:18 AM

Jerry, your will and effort are what is going to get you through your grief! You are amazing. I am impressed! So many people would love to be more like you! Good job my friend!
I have spent most of my day resting. Got back from the ENT doctor and he did decide to cauterize my nose so now I must just take it easy and let it heal. He said I still may need to come back if he didn't get it all. I just feel more at ease knowing I did something! My dogs are still waiting for their walk--only about 5 hours late but they do not let me forget! Ha! Then off to the PO and then to take a few bags of trash to the dump. They aren't heavy so I should be okay!

Old 01-11-2016, 01:53 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
The Lone Ranger Theme Song:

tothedump tothedump tothedump dump dump
tothedump tothedump tothedump dump dump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.