Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 08:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

It's somewhat cool, sunny and not windy here in Kansas City. Yes! We'll go to our Meeting today at 4:00PM and I'll keep studying for try #3 at the Big 'Ole Exam. The job offer for the mid-MO job came in Friday - I'm mulling it over while plowing through U.I. initial paperwork from the State of Kansas.

The Mrs. and I will be fine, but working 3 patients when the AASM recommends a 2:1 patient to tech ratio makes this one appear to be too much for me. For my own strength and for patient safety. I will ask for another offer that removes that requirement and also allows me to sleep in one of the sleep lab bedrooms and get my rest. Housing is not available in this little mid-MO town and we're still in a lease here in KC. So it would require that I travel over there, work my days and then travel back west to our rental home in Kansas City. That's another thing they'll need to fix. My conversation with them will be tomorrow morning. I expressed my disdain at the 3:1 patient to tech ratio weeks ago on the phone with them. They're like car salesmen though. Can't look away from the dollar signs. I think this one would grind me to a pulp physically and emotionally.

Other than that we're doing fine. The weather in KC is gorgeous - sunny and highs in the 70's. Everyone hang in there, I am truly sorry for all of the losses those of you who have experienced them have had to go through. My losses have been grandma's, grandpa and my parents, relatives that have passed, and several of our pets. They are all painful and I want everyone to pray to God for relief from your pain - sometimes the answers to those prayers take a while, though.

So be sure and persist in your prayers. Everyone enjoy your Sunday's!

Old 05-07-2017, 04:00 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
You have to consider yourself and your family here elko. Money is nice but your health is so much more important! You are in my prayers!! I trust you will know what you need to do.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:36 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Very nice CYN!!

Yes Elko we know you will know what to do

We love ya so much buddy!!!

Old 05-08-2017, 04:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
A cold morning here today! Already had our morning walk but Bubba wants to go back out. It's spring and all the critters are busy outside--especially the rabbits! Bubba and Bella won't hurt them but they love watching them! My trip to CA is all set. I will only be gone 4 days but that is probably enough for my first time away! That will also give me more time with my little sister who is doing so much for me so I can even go!!
I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 05-08-2017, 07:56 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Being away on vaca...can be exhausting....so coming home after 4 days is probably about right for your first time away.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:25 AM

Good for you on the vacation thing, cyn. You'll have fun and 4 days seems about right.

My call from the large eastern U.S. Company that offered me a job in mid-MO hasn't come in yet. I'm going to say I won't work a 3:1 patient to tech ratio. If they accept me doing a 2:1 maximum ratio and require me to score both studies, I'll accept their offer. I would like it in writing, companies today will chew up employees and spit them out like grizzle on the edge of a steak. So I'll wait for their call. Meanwhile, I have an online skills assessment to complete to satisfy the State of Kansas Unemployment Insurance Office. I'll keep getting that bunch of papers filled out and ready to mail to them in Topeka, KS. I'd love for the Tucson job or the Colville, WA, job to call me this week!

Dude - I love you too, buddy! I love you all on here and hope you all have good Monday's! Positive attitudes, everyone!

Old 05-08-2017, 04:33 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
elko............just saying I have a bad feeling about a company that exceeds the recognized professional standard of care and doesnt care if you have passed the test.....and sets you to working without a peer or supervisor......it doesnt sound like a company you would be happy working for. I bet their patient service is secondary to their billing.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:58 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
A cold morning here today! Already had our morning walk but Bubba wants to go back out. It's spring and all the critters are busy outside--especially the rabbits! Bubba and Bella won't hurt them but they love watching them! My trip to CA is all set. I will only be gone 4 days but that is probably enough for my first time away! That will also give me more time with my little sister who is doing so much for me so I can even go!!
I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Glad to hear you are stepping out. I miss all the good food in CA. They don't even serve a good pastrami sandwich here! I mean served up hot like those little hamburgers stands use to sell in CA.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:17 PM

elko............just saying I have a bad feeling about a company that exceeds the recognized professional standard of care and doesnt care if you have passed the test.....and sets you to working without a peer or supervisor......it doesnt sound like a company you would be happy working for. I bet their patient service is secondary to their billing.

Exacty, elston. My study session went very well today with my Skype tutor. My sleep career would improve with getting the RPSGT credential, though it isn't absolutely necessary to get it. It's more important to get a deal with a hospital - one with someone else on duty when I am on duty, you're spot on about that. I don't like it, either. So I wait. And study. Thank you for your insight. The Big Eastern Sleep Co. (not their real name) would insist that they do care about patient care, oh can't you just hear it! That's what gets me about people - honesty and integrity is very...tough for some people and companies to grapple with.

Now that's a deep subject.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Good luck with it Elko
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.