Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 12:08 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,934,586 times

Advertisements

cyn I am so glad you are getting some help with your yard. Some times I feel overwhelmed with my own yard but I am making progress.

Today I already cleaned the house and getting things bagged up to to to the dump. I have a small load of branches and some garden stuff and those weeds I pulled last night to go and the usual house hold stuff. Litter boxes are done and I still need to do the pick up in the dog yard then hopefully a picture. I have not looked out there this morning and it was late when I came in last night and I just had to walk away from it. I was getting overly tired. Yard is watered and I do need to mow if the mower start. I never know why some times the battery needs to be charged and very slightly suspect some one was messing with it, insert neighbors grandson, so now I am not leaving the key in it as I was and since then it has started. Hummmm.

I hope to have every thing done before I leave for the dump so I best get busy. I want to come home to a clean house mow the lawns then turn up the music and pamper me for the rest of the day.

Oh the music. I have been playing some lovely classical piano while I was painting in the kitty kennel and there is a bird that apparently just loves this music because it starts just singing away. At first I thought the bird was on the CD. Then CD ended and bird was still going. Then stopped. I started the music up again and bird started again. no idea what the bird is but I have been enjoying it. Some times it really is the little things that brings a person Joy. And this is a little thing with a very big voice.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:53 PM

48,292 posts, read 22,066,135 times
A lovely post shades......thank you for the bird story!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:52 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,708,402 times
Yesterday was a tough day. Cried the entire time I was cutting the lawn. Company came to pick up dumpster and hydraulic fluid line broke and saturated part of lawn and all over driveway. Meltdown. Daughter called me and said she would come over, 50 minute ride, even though I tried to dissuade her. Today not feeling well and surgery site from last week is tender. I wish the pain would go away.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:12 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,366,473 times
Good morning everyone!
Oh Ellwood I am so sorry for all you are going through! It seems to come in bunches! Stay off your feet and try to give that surgery time to heal.
Yes Shades, I enjoy the birds and their songs when I walk the dogs. They sound so happy!
Not sure how often if at all I will be posting for the next few days but I will try. Yesterday was hectic and today looks to be about the same. Just lots to do. My sister is here and this is taking notes for animal care. Packing and shopping today for groceries for my sister and nephew. Have a blessed day!

Old 06-25-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Yesterday was a tough day. Cried the entire time I was cutting the lawn. Company came to pick up dumpster and hydraulic fluid line broke and saturated part of lawn and all over driveway. Meltdown. Daughter called me and said she would come over, 50 minute ride, even though I tried to dissuade her. Today not feeling well and surgery site from last week is tender. I wish the pain would go away.
Oh Ellwood the hydraulic oil leak just stinks. So sorry this has happened to you. Especially at this time. Dang. I actually saw this happen at the dump not too long ago and know exactly the mess you are facing. All I can think of to help it is Dawn Dish soap.

Also so sorry for your tears. they always make me feel awful the next day or even two so I really try not to let it happen. But I know those times just happen and no stopping them. I would be sure to keep a close eye on your leg. I know we feel the need to keep everything done around the house and yard and you have such a large yard. but please protect that leg as much as possible. Get it elevated. Put off anything that absolutely does not need to be done and rest. Believe me in the end everything will wait for you and it will get done.

So sweet of your daughter to come give you a hand with the mess and hopefully emotional support.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 AM

Already spent part of this morning looking for a glass tool I know I have and it is not like a tiny stick cutter that can fall behind some thing. I knew exactly where it was before I changed my studio all around. GGGRRR so mad at myself for misplacing things like this. I do not remember getting rid of it either but maybe???

I did even more painting last night in the kitty kennel and hope to go out and put it back together shortly and then finally get photos. I thought I was done and took a photo last night and saw a big ugly kitty kennel staring me in the face. Why I never though to paint it before??? So now it is sporting a lovely coat of purple. LOL And I also painted the third chair in there they love to sit on. A tall directors chair. Hoping to find the new back and seat I have for it. Hope that is not as hard to find as this dumb tool that had gone missing.

Nice outside at 70 degrees. I just closed up the house to keep the nights coolness inside. The last two days I have managed to not have to run the air conditioners. the house stayed comfortable until evening when I could open it back up and let the breeze blow through.

So off to get my day started. I am NOT working hard today. Said that yesterday and ended up doing so . Today is going to be a play day for me. For realz this time. LOL

Cyn enjoy your trip. I know getting ready and all is so hard some times. Harder then just staying home.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:23 AM

My sister, my blessing! She got my suitcase down from the attic and assured it is the proper size to carry on especially since it's not really packed full. So I am packed and ready to go. Got food for my sister and nephew and have gone through all the directions needed here plus given her important phone numbers. We are leaving here at 5am tomorrow so am still trying to figure out if I should feed my dogs before I go or just walk them and let her feed them when she gets back around 7am. They usually eat at 6am. Hmmmm.
My sister is feeding me like crazy so I'll start out in good condition! And of course my daughter is like a professional cook so I won't want for anything there! I'm excited but still scared and yet all has gone quite smoothly for my trip so guess it's just the unknown!

Old 06-25-2017, 12:17 PM

Oh Cyn it sounds like it is lining up nicely for you. I am so happy this is working out. Let Sis feed the pups when she gets home from dropping you off. They will be fine for an extra hour. And YES I know they have built in alarm clocks. Hahaha How well I know this. But one hour will not really matter. Give them a biscuit to tide them over.

Finally finished photo of the newly done over kitty kennel inside. Hope the kitties like Purple. Hahaha I sure do. I looked back to photos when I first started this and it took me three months to move the kennel over 8 foot away from the windows, build the cat walk and the other high rise kennel for them for winter and do the patio and planting and make the new dog house shelter. And paint up my carport patio. So happy all of it is done. Now I can just sit back and enjoy these spaces instead of just seeing more to do to them. Looking forward to this day.

I think doing all of this was a good way to work through my grief. Lots of time to think because so much painting is mindless. Making spaces pretty to my eye even if a little cray cray. It is me. I know Joe would be loving this now it is done. He was never a fan of my being in the middle of projects because I would put so much into them. All of this has been building on my brain while he was sick. It is part what kept me sane knowing there would still be a life for me after he was gone. I know this is rambling my thoughts. You never know when some one not posting is reading with no hope. So I hope it gives some one else hope for their own future. I plan on kicking back for a few days while I dream up the next project. OH Please Lord let it be easy this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-25-17-purple-kennel.jpg   Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-6-25-17-purple-kennel-b.jpg  

Old 06-25-2017, 01:32 PM

Very nice Shades. You have so much energy and imagination it amazes me. You are so right about some people reading here and finding hope! I have had so many people write me direct messages, afraid to post but reading and learning. It is what we want--to help all we can with what they are going through the best way we can!You are most definitely an inspiration!

Old 06-25-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Very nice Shades. You have so much energy and imagination it amazes me. You are so right about some people reading here and finding hope! I have had so many people write me direct messages, afraid to post but reading and learning. It is what we want--to help all we can with what they are going through the best way we can!You are most definitely an inspiration!
Well Thanks Cyn. I just know now I am the only one that can make me happy. So if doing silly stuff makes me happy I am going for it. I have amazing energy for sure. I need to be doing some thing all the time. but prefer to be doing it at home not away. Today I am trying to relax and ended up sorting my whole studio and organizing it and still did not find the tool Next moving onto sorting through my fabrics. I would like to make a new quilt for my bed. No more hand stitching to quilt it though. My arthritis will not allow that but I can certainly piece it. Then maybe pay to have it machine quilted. I certainly have enough fabric for it. And it is a good excuse to get me to sort through the fabric and purge some of it. And this is supposed to be a kick back day off. OH well. I get some thing on my mind and I just go for it. Ladder is in place to reach the upper closet shelves where fabric is. I am off and sorting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning