Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2017, 07:03 PM

9,327 posts, read 16,690,097 times

Advertisements

Shades I wish I had your energy and stamina. My doctor called me today (on the 4th) to offer his condolences. He gave me his personal cell phone and told me to call if I need anything. He is so compassionate and caring.

Traded in the Ford Truck yesterday on a new CRV. DH wanted my grand daughter to have my current CRV, that was his last wish, so will get to that this week.

I'm not really a joiner, but I like to get out and meet people once in awhile. If I don't feel comfortable I won't go back. There is a senior group that does osteo and aerobics which I am looking into also. Something different to do, especially in the winter.

I am taking my neighbor (87) with me to the Hospice/Grief Group tomorrow. He lost his wife 2 years ago and it will get him out of the house.

Wasn't that hot today but Molly is not interested in being outside. She prefers cooler weather.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:46 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,342,035 times
Good to hear from you Ellwood. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction--moving forward!
Work today so lots to do this morning!
Have a blessed day!

Old 07-05-2017, 07:41 AM

Back home from my errands! I forgot to mention that last night after all the fireworks and gun shooting my smoke detector started going off---the battery needed changing at 1:30am---it's hardwired so even though I removed the battery it still kept beeping. I put the battery back in and I guess there was enough to keep it going for the rest of the night. That was my first stop this morning--getting batteries! Course I had to walk the dogs during all of this--what a night!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:03 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,523,382 times
The fireworks over here in KC went on till about 11:30PM. Yikes. All tuckered out this morning! Hope these people got it all outta their system.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:05 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,930,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The resolution and acceptance is what I hope for everyone .... not getting over....but getting on.

I love your porch....especially the "haint blue ceiling" Not sure I could distinguish between "haint blue" and virgin Mary blue"
Right Elston. This is it right on. I know Joe is not coming back here. It is not totally up to me to make my own life happy. If I do not do so then shame on me.

Yes there are so many versions of Haint blue. I leaned more towards the aqua verses the baby blue so it harmonizes with all my turquoise and purples.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Shades I wish I had your energy and stamina. My doctor called me today (on the 4th) to offer his condolences. He gave me his personal cell phone and told me to call if I need anything. He is so compassionate and caring.

Traded in the Ford Truck yesterday on a new CRV. DH wanted my grand daughter to have my current CRV, that was his last wish, so will get to that this week.

I'm not really a joiner, but I like to get out and meet people once in awhile. If I don't feel comfortable I won't go back. There is a senior group that does osteo and aerobics which I am looking into also. Something different to do, especially in the winter.

I am taking my neighbor (87) with me to the Hospice/Grief Group tomorrow. He lost his wife 2 years ago and it will get him out of the house.

Wasn't that hot today but Molly is not interested in being outside. She prefers cooler weather.

Ellwood you are so brave buying the car. I muddled over all of it for a couple of months then was snowed in for the winter and had to depend on others to get me to town. And so nice of your hubby to send the CVR on to your granddaughter. I think this is a good sized car for everything. Now I have one what I call economy car for most summer driving and one work horse in the blazer.It was also hard emotionally for me to sel hubbys truck.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Yes, selling my hubbys truck was hard for me as well. My dogs would shake with excitement every time I would dive in the driveway in that truck, I think they thought it was him coming home. But it used a lot of gas and was to big for just me--although I do miss it. I bought a used Scion and that works for me.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:22 AM

OH Cyn my poor dog was just miserable and the fire works started very early lasting for hours.

Elko I hope the kitty has been located. I also hope your son gets back on his own feet asap. I can not imagine the heartache for you. Sorry I missed your post yesterday.

I ended up having two sets of friends come over one right after another. One expected one not both very appreciated they thought of me. So that ended my painting and I only was able to do a little more on the second coat in the short time of evening after the sun set but I still had day light. Must have been tired this morning because I slept in and need to get out there soon!! When friends left it was 104 degrees on the porch and I was not going to paint in that heat.

I ended up selling my antique dresser which I liked but when I brought home a slightly smaller dresser from my friend that passed away I would rather use it than the dresser that has no meaning to me emotionally. So one in one out. Also sold the hall tree. This will free up a lot of space for me even though it is a small item. So because I could not paint on the front porch I went to the shop and started sanding on the new to me old dresser. I managed to get pretty far on it before I had to come in and eat and rest up for painting again.

So if I hurry out there right now I can get enough painting done to make it look like I am making progress. Have a good one folks.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:19 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,523,382 times
Elko I hope the kitty has been located. I also hope your son gets back on his own feet asap. I can not imagine the heartache for you. Sorry I missed your post yesterday.

cyn - we found his kitty! I don't know how he hid from us in the basement but he did. More on the basement thing later. His name is Sinatra - he is a Siamese with beautiful blue eyes.

I now have a new and different job search going - this one in St. Joseph, MO, about an hour north. My goodness - I can't get through to the job recruiter. She called me this morning on her cell and when I call back, I get the message system. I have one message left on her landline at her work and one on her cellphone. The closeness of that job, that is one of the same companies listings, might help us in our current situation with our son living with us temporarily.

We drove downtown to KC yesterday and discovered a Farmer's Market and trolley system we've never seen before. All pretty nice. We have to rebuild right now, all three of us, meanwhile, keep paying our bills and getting our hair cut and dealing with life day to day.

The Siamese is going to have to visit a vet and get a shot checkup. He's never seen a vet, Mrs. elkotronics won't allow him upstairs with us until he gets his shots and gets checked out by a vet. Which we'll have to pay for, mind you. Other than all that and all this, I hope all of you are doing well out there in cyberland!

Old 07-05-2017, 10:58 AM

48,223 posts, read 22,041,009 times
Elko:
Since this isnt Home Home on the range.....I am going to say a discouraging word...........It makes me mad that your grown son moves in with you at this most inoppurtune time and brings an unneutered cat that hasnt had even a preliminary vet exam and first shots. You dont need the expense or aggrivation.

I will butt out and mind my own business now....but if I didnt say something.....I was going to have to avoid reading your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning