Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 05:31 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,526,623 times

Advertisements

shades of idaho - kudos to you on your porch area work. Very, very nice. So relaxing looking. Soothing. Everyone needs a place like this to relax at home!

Old 07-10-2017, 05:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,345,111 times
Good morning everyone. Sounds like another hot humid day here but it is summer!
I have to go to my work today for an informational lecture from one of our dog and cat food companies. We will be on the clock so that will be okay.
I've been a little down in the dumps this last few days but reading up here sure helps! Seems we all have our struggles but some sure do know how to get around them in a positive way! I think my arm has put me in a "poor-me" place so now I need to get on with life and live with it like I have been doing!
One day at a time!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 07-10-2017, 08:09 AM

cyn - I am not sure but hopeful, still, that you can find a solution to your arm pain. A rotator cuff operation should work, yes, but no doubt you would rather not have one of those. If anyone on here can think of anything to help cyn with this problem, let's do it!

I am work searching, trying to get interviews and trying to keep the three of us "up", too. Our son needs work and news reports say the KC area is stacked with jobs. So we're on a mission.

Have good Monday's, all!

Old 07-10-2017, 08:52 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,931,308 times
Good morning folks. Glad you all like my porch I am loving how light and bright it is now. Hopefully find some better chair covers. Colors I have now are really not a good thing. LOL

I do not know what has gotten into me I am waking up WAY too early. Already have house cleaned floors scrubbed and all morning chores done except for eating. Not into it yet. Way too early for me.

Purging some furniture today and doing a little re-arrange. The one piece is already out on the porch and replaced with what had been there to begin with. Not even going into this part. Hoping two more pieces will leave. Not positive on either so leaving them in place until I am sure. People will be here later this morning. Either way I will have some options on moving things around and gives me more space in here. If this does not do it them more will go. I need open airy light bright fun spaces around me. Hubby was always after me to do this. Not sure why I have waited so long. I am just a collector of cute furniture. LOL Stuff is not creating as much importance in my life any more.

Still holding off on the painting. My knee is swollen up. Hahaha I might feel like wonder woman but my body is going "Hold on there Nellie!!!" Guess too much up and down the ladder squatting kneeling. It picked a fine time to remind me it has been damaged in the past. Oh well this just gives me more excuse to work on my mosaic window today after my friends leave.

Worked out in the yard some last night after the sun went down. Hahah some times I feel like an old garden troll only coming out at night. It does not get dark here until 10:00PM so there is a lot of daylight left in the evenings.good for me because with my fragile red head skin, even though totally gray now, I really should not be out in the sun much.

Cyn I am glad I inspired you to try to bring more happy into your life. And I do hope your shoulder heals for you with out surgery. I do think the rota-tor cuff surgery is the in thing right now. I do everything possible to avoid surgery. Lord knows I sure could use some lifting here and there ,actually all over, after losing 90 pounds. I am learning to live with it but it is not painful. Well until getting pinched in a zipper. EEEKKKK.

I think today might be a little bit cooler than we have had. There is some cloud cover. I have the house opened up again and the coolers off. Yesterday I just had to turn them on. After 107 degrees and a warm night and another day of 105 the house was just not cooling down.

I hope you all have a good Monday. I am off to get some thing more done right or wrong.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:04 PM

32,984 posts, read 36,491,976 times
I am here again. It's been years, but I hit a slump every spring or summer. I'm slumping. I'm not having any summer fun, or anything like it. I don't expect to, but I can always hope.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:15 AM

Hi again Gerania! I hear you....summer has had it's share of ups and downs for me too. Holidays are hard because I am alone! But I am reading what Shades shares here in her posts and she has some wonderful ideas for staying "up". My problem is it's difficult to do much with my arm hurting so much right now. In order to get surgery I'd have to trade my car in for an automatic and I really don't want to do that plus I'd need to pay the deductible for the MRI and surgery...and frankly I don't have that extra money right now. So I will do what I can when I can.
Anyhow Gerania I hope this is a short lived slump for you!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 07-11-2017, 07:30 AM

Hi again Gerania! I hear you....summer has had it's share of ups and downs for me too. Holidays are hard because I am alone! But I am reading what Shades shares here in her posts and she has some wonderful ideas for staying "up". My problem is it's difficult to do much with my arm hurting so much right now. In order to get surgery I'd have to trade my car in for an automatic and I really don't want to do that plus I'd need to pay the deductible for the MRI and surgery...and frankly I don't have that extra money right now. So I will do what I can when I can.
Anyhow Gerania I hope this is a short lived slump for you!
Hope everyone has a great day!

cyn - you drive a stick? Good for you. I agree, I wouldn't want to trade in my 5-speed stick for an automatic trannied vehicle, either. Hope you can at least find some pain relief. It is not my forte, unfortunately. If you need a sleep study, I can fix you up, though.

Had a great conversation yesterday with a Cardio Manager at a hospital in Nebraska. Pray for me - it looks like she's looking to get her lead Sleep Tech. together with her at some time this week for an interview with me. I need ta get back ta work!

Our son is going to try ta get on with Amazon here in KC. Pray for that ta happen, too. Or someplace else for him to work. He has general labor skills and call center skills. Sometimes you can make decent money at call center jobs but Amazon would be at least as good of a job. His cat is living in the basement because we're still trying to get an appointment for him to get his shots and to get neutered. In the meantime the Mrs. is right on things as far as contamination goes. To mix his Siamese approximately 1 year old male unfixed kitten with our pets would be a big mistake, and she will not tolerate it. Man, when she went to Culinary Arts community college classes at Skagit Valley CC in Mt. Vernon, WA, she did well at all of it, but one part she aces is Serv-Safe skills and knowledge. She has saved me from getting many colds and flu's, I'm just surmising this, but I'm just sayin.'

Everyone dig their Tuesday's!

Old 07-11-2017, 08:51 AM

32,984 posts, read 36,491,976 times
Thanks cyn. I understand the arm thing. Eighteen months ago I broke my arm and dislocated my shoulder. They didn't put my shoulder back together properly, and now I'm supposed to have something done about it. I'm not sure I even want to. It's just going to hurt more. Then there's the MRI because my right pupil is sometimes small and fixed, unresponsive. I'm not going to have brain surgery, so I'm not sure why I should pay the deductible for the test. This is the second time this has happened to me. "We think you have a brain tumor." Thanks mom.

Sigh. Sometimes I feel as though a little rain cloud follows me around. Everything seemed a bit easier when there was another person here, but you know that.

I did get rid of the recliner which no longer reclined. Bulk pick-up in the town today. Yay.

So, yeah, some days I sit and drink my morning tea and think I probably have a brain tumor. Thankfully, sometimes I don't think about it at all.

It sounds all doom and gloom. I'm happy sometimes and still have a sense of humor. That's the best thing I have. Money can't buy everything, but some cash would be nice, too.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:14 AM

Geraina, you bring a smile to my face...not because of your situation, but because I can relate and you still have a great sense of humor about it all. I think your rain cloud follows me around too. I understand the money issue too..it sucks! From riches to rags--just another thing backwards for me! I think about having another person here but not sure if I could deal with it anymore. I grow more independent in my thinking daily! Doesn't mean I am not lonely or want to be loved but just that my expectations are different now!

Old 07-11-2017, 12:12 PM

I think about having another person here but not sure if I could deal with it anymore. I grow more independent in my thinking daily! Doesn't mean I am not lonely or want to be loved but just that my expectations are different now!

cyn - ta me, this description of your life sounds like you are coping as best you can, for now. And today is all you can do, for now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning