Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2017, 04:32 AM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I actually lived in Vista, but anybody along Hwy. 78 must have crossed paths at least once! I actually was in Escondido a lot for work at Palomar MC. I got my second Dobie, who was my "dog of a lifetime" at Escondido Humane Society, & spent a lot of time hiking with her & my family at Daley Ranch...did you ever go there? I think I would melt from the heat now if I went there.
Yes I did go to Daley Ranch several times with my dogs to hike. I remember lots of coyote scat on the trails and one time hearing a litter of little coyotes yipping and crying......sort of scared me off.

I moved to Vista after Escondido. Our paths must have passed at least once.....or frequently.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
A small world indeed!!
Well today is the day my wonderful girl friend arrives from CA! I am excited. She is exactly what I need right now...a positive person by my side. We all can use that!
It is sprinkling but very softly so it shouldn't be any problem with the drive! I don't leave until about 1pm so will feed my dogs before I go and walk them so they will be set for the rest of the day hopefully!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 07-29-2017, 05:43 AM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times
So glad your friend is coming for a visit.........Have a wonderful time.

Good Morning to all the other readers and posters.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:30 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
A small world indeed!!
Well today is the day my wonderful girl friend arrives from CA! I am excited. She is exactly what I need right now...a positive person by my side. We all can use that!
It is sprinkling but very softly so it shouldn't be any problem with the drive! I don't leave until about 1pm so will feed my dogs before I go and walk them so they will be set for the rest of the day hopefully!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Are you gonna use Google Maps, cyn? Or did you say that you've got someone coming along for the ride who can help navigate for you? Hope everything goes well - it will. Have a nice visit with her - I'm happy for you, cyn!

Some lawn mowing is due today - I'd better get going, though they say it's only gonna be 80 degrees for a high today in KC. Have good Saturday's everyone. Enjoy the rodeo, NVPlumber!

Old 07-29-2017, 09:08 AM

Yes, a friend is going to come with me but I still want to have directions and did use Google maps! I seem to over-do what ever needs to be done lately. Not sure why but it's basically a new thing for me. I'm not really happy with feeling that need but guess I'll just go with it for now. I'm guessing it's a security issue from being alone now. Never had a fear in the world as a young woman to the total opposite--fearing everything. The news sure doesn't help. I much preferred the care-free feeling!

Old 07-30-2017, 05:01 AM

Good morning everyone! My friend is here and we both went to bed by 8pm...totally exhausted.
I slept until almost 6am and she is still sleeping. I hope to find some lovely places to take her that don't cost much and don't require a lot of walking because she can only walk so far without her back hurting her. The weather is perfect and is suppose to stay that was all week..we are blessed. We'll probably take a ride to the local national parks and the different lakes in the area. I do have ot work 3 days next week but she enjoys reading so she will be fine I am sure. Still may go to church not sure--depends on when my friend wakes up! Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 07-30-2017, 06:29 AM

Thought I'd mention I made it with little problems to the airport with my friend coming along to help direct me and he as offered to go with me when I take her back. How nice! He is a good friend for sure! We have to leave my house by 5am next Sunday.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone! My friend is here and we both went to bed by 8pm...totally exhausted.
I slept until almost 6am and she is still sleeping. I hope to find some lovely places to take her that don't cost much and don't require a lot of walking because she can only walk so far without her back hurting her. The weather is perfect and is suppose to stay that was all week..we are blessed. We'll probably take a ride to the local national parks and the different lakes in the area. I do have ot work 3 days next week but she enjoys reading so she will be fine I am sure. Still may go to church not sure--depends on when my friend wakes up! Have a blessed day everyone!
If you are over 62 and don't have a lifetime pass for the national parks, be sure to get one. The cost is going up soon.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:16 AM

Thanks gentlearts, a friend of mine just told me that last week. I will get one asap!

Old 07-30-2017, 08:45 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Thought I'd mention I made it with little problems to the airport with my friend coming along to help direct me and he as offered to go with me when I take her back. How nice! He is a good friend for sure! We have to leave my house by 5am next Sunday.

Did he use Google Maps? Or maybe he just knew the way to the airport by memory. Glad it went well.

Our son is at his 3rd day at the construction tile factory - he works 7:00AM - 7:00PM. Repetitive movement galore at that one. His working will make our situation much better here.

I have a phone call to take tomorrow afternoon with the Boss lady from south-central Nebraska. I am going to pray that it goes well - they will train from within if they are not interested in me, so I figure let's give it a go. Still searching for anything I can find here in KC and nationwide.

Everyone have fantastic Sunday's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning