Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 02:11 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Thank You.
Well, it really has been 13 years now. We were married in God's eyes for 12 years before the government would acknowledge and allow it.
I was confused.....we are celebrating our 2 anniversary.....THAT IS 2 YEARS AGO WE WERE MARRIED.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:25 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Yippiie!! So happy for you both elston.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:47 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Today is my first wedding anniversary. <3

Congratulations to you both! <3 <3

In the words of Lenny Kravitz, "Let Love Rule"!

Old 07-31-2017, 11:40 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. I was working on the tree clean up then catching up inside because I can not work in the yard and in the house at the same time very well. Hoping to start back in on the dog yard fence tomorrow. Also just took a whole day to work on my mosaic window. thing is taking me half of forever.

Some times on Facebook they pop up memories of some thing you posted a year or two or three ago. Then asking if you want to share it again. Most times I do not do so but this time I did and saved the photo to bring over here. Joe taught me to solder then told me if I got all this put together I would have a pretty good handle on how to do it. He helped me bend the wires. I stripped them from some electrical wire scraps I had saved for whatever. This was whatever situation.

Mostly I am thrilled he taught me to solder and of course left me his soldering irons and flux and solder to use. Brought tears on remembering but it is ok. It was a good day spent I think for both of us. Honestly it is just some thing silly I had in my mind and he helped me to make it happen. It is a double layered supposed to be tree of life thing. Just use your imagination. LOL

Congratulations Elston on your Anniversary.

Cyn I am so glad you are having a good time with your friend. Meals sound delicious and especially the extra to enjoy again.

Elko Still praying for the right thing to come along and that is great yous son went right back to work on another job.

New week for all. I hope it will be a good one.
Attached Thumbnails
Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-7-30-14-soldered-glass-bits   Life Alone Now...Day by Day...Life Beyond Loss-7-30-17-soldered-half-bits  

Old 08-01-2017, 05:11 AM

Those are beautiful Shades--so talented!
A beautiful day here. My girlfriend and I plan to visit the local state part to pick up those passes. Hopefully we will take a bit of time to check out the park too!
My physical therapist gave me some exercises to do and is giving me some hope. He told me we will work on this for a month and then see what my orthopedic doctor says. Fingers crossed it will all be good!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-01-2017, 06:40 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Elko Still praying for the right thing to come along and that is great yous son went right back to work on another job.

shades, and everyone else, thanks for your continued support. Oh, for goodness sake, life is so weird at times. Yesterday, I got off the phone with the Manager of the south-central Nebraska hospital Sleep Tech. job. We were on the phone for an hour, and the vibe is pretty good from there. She wants me to take an e-mail from the hospital's HR dept. and enter my professional references on it and send that package to my references. So that one is coming along - I have some competition from within her own Cardiopulmonary Dept., but I still am in the running strongly for it.

Now, MarciaMarshaMarcia - we may get to meet up yet as couples and have a dreamy cup of Pacific NW coffee. The HR lady from the small, critical-access rural NE War-shing-ton hospital sent me an e-mail yesterday just after I got off the phone with south-central Nebraska. My wife had her LG phone out and all three of us were sitting down in the living room of our Grandview rental house. She got a weird, sort of freaked-out look on her face.

"What?", we asked. She said nothing but just stared down at her good-sized cellphone screen.

"What is it!?", I asked again. No response - just staring at the phone some more.

"It's from a job application of long ago," she replied, finally.

"Which one?" - I had no clue whatsoever.

"Eastern Washington!" I looked at her with the strangest look.

"Eastern War-shing-ton?" What - no way! I thought for sure that one was dead! The e-mail said that the HR lady has been helping the Cardiopulmonary Manager get some business done that he's been needing to get done for a long time. She goes on to explain that she's wanting him to pick a candidate now or we'd better just put this job req. to rest.

So she asked me if I'm still interested in working there. I replied yes, it didn't take much thought. Washington is where I came from, though I'm a west-side War-shing-tonian, still, it's War-shing-ton! She explained that she will basically force him to choose a candidate this week and an offer needs to be made by Friday, if a start date later in August is going to be kept. She told me I'm one of 3 candidates - I asked her what her opinion is of my chances. Good - pretty good, and I told her I now have my RPSGT, she told me she'd tell the Boss that. She said they'll be in touch later this week.

Wow! Life can be so good. Our 10 1/2 year old cat just went blind, but Daddy needs a job, and it looks like (not 100% for sure, yet, though) I have found one! Thank you, Jehovah!

I will, of course, keep all of y'all updated on this. The Nebraska opportunity is coming right along as well. My State of Kansas U.I. ends at the end of August, so this is coming at just the right time. God is good!

Good Tuesday's to each one of you - and to those lurking as well. Join us if you feel comfortable doing so - there's alway cyber-space available to you here.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Dear Elko............keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping that the Washington State job comes thru...you seem to be the most excited about that one.

Will you have any difficulty getting good professional references?
Things at your last job didn't sound too friendly.....I thought they treated you pretty shabbily at the end.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:13 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Dear Elko............keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping that the Washington State job comes thru...you seem to be the most excited about that one.

Will you have any difficulty getting good professional references?
Things at your last job didn't sound too friendly.....I thought they treated you pretty shabbily at the end.

Poor treatment from that place. I call them medical snobs. The eastern Washington site is small and humble and my references ought ta be fine for that one.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:16 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
"Eastern War-shing-ton?" What - no way! I thought for sure that one was dead! The e-mail said that the HR lady has been helping the Cardiopulmonary Manager get some business done that he's been needing to get done for a long time. She goes on to explain that she's wanting him to pick a candidate now or we'd better just put this job req. to rest.

Elko this is exciting. We would almost be neighbors too. I am only about 300 miles , I think , from Spokane Washington. I am not sure where your Job would be. Just thinking Eastern Washington. I do hope this goes through for you.

So I am up fairly early for me and I am almost awake enough to head out to the fence project. I also mentally worked out a small barrier to help keep the sprinkler water out of the dog house. I was turning it sideways but now I need to put a second one in place for Jacks I will not be able to do that. Hahaha more bed frames and a couple of windows.

Cyn I am so glad to hear the therapist might be helping your shoulder and has hopes for even better improvement. About 50 years ago I broke my hip in a horse accident. Later my hip joint froze up. Finally found a therapist that told me it is not going to be fun but he could fix it if I would put in the time and suffer the pain on my end. So after about 15 years walking with a limp and slightly dragging my leg I was healed. He told me gently work it in a certain way until it hurts then go a little further and hold. All very gentle stuff. It finally broke the frozen hip loose and all it good now. Really hoping for good results for you.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:25 PM

Me too Shades! Me too!
Elko I sure hope that Wash job pans out--sounds good!
Bubba is not doing well today...please keep him in your thoughts. Just won't eat because his tummy is upset--poor guy. For the most part he may feel badly for awhile but seems fine later but today he's taking longer. Makes me worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.