Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 03:02 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
So far Bubba seems to be improving today. He ate and had a nice walk. I know he is not long for this world but when you see him chase a rabbit he looks like he is 2 years old.
Today I am driving to see my grand daughter for her birthday. Not loving the drive but it will be worth it all to see the grand children! Wish it wasn't suppose to rain but that is what it does here!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Bonnie, my dog, died when I left town for a 3 month temp job. It was years, decades, ago, but I still wish I'd been there. My parents took good care of her, but they weren't me. I wasn't by her side as I said I would be.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:29 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Ahh Gerania, I am so sorry. That has to be difficult. But know Bonnie is happy and waiting for you now. I have to think this way or it would be more then I could handle! My Bubba is back to feeling good today but with his problem who knows how long that will last. My vet said we may need to try another food. He is already on a prescription diet food especially for IBS but it has chicken in it and chicken seemed to be the trigger to all of this? I just don't know anymore.
I have physical therapy this morning and work tonight so a busy day, My arm is so sore already from the last therapy and washing the dog blankets. It wasn't the washing since the machine does that but the folding them since they are huge quilts. Had to be done!
I enjoyed my grand children yesterday. We chatted up a storm--boy are they growing up fast--to fast! Had to detour on my way home as a truck carrying gas wrecked and had gas all over. Happy to miss that!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-09-2017, 05:59 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Bonnie, my dog, died when I left town for a 3 month temp job. It was years, decades, ago, but I still wish I'd been there. My parents took good care of her, but they weren't me. I wasn't by her side as I said I would be.
You are still "by her side".....don't equate love with geography.....you are still there for Bonnie....and she knows it......in my opinion

Old 08-09-2017, 06:24 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
I agree with elston on this one!

Old 08-09-2017, 06:42 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
You are still "by her side".....don't equate love with geography.....you are still there for Bonnie....and she knows it......in my opinion

This is interesting because my Dad died of cancer in Washington state in 2004. I was in Rolla, MO, at college in my 40's. I didn't make it back in time to see him before he died. I have to feel like you two above with this one, or I'll just feel too sad overall about it. My family caring for him there told him that "elkotronic's loves you - you know that and wants you to get to feeling better," things like that. It's just awful - I was arranging my schooling to try and hop a flight when Dad passed.

When Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer, I actually quit a good Sleep Tech. job in New Mexico and moved the two of us up to Washington, so I could spend some quality time with her before she passed. To get big hugs from Mom made it all worth it to me. I left a secure job there, though, and in the 2 1/2 years since, have struggled in the job department. I'm trying to fix that now, and it's not going easy. But the length of my love for my parents was too great, this is what I had to do. I inquired about coming back to that southern New Mexico hospital I left and the Boss man said no way, you left my group, you're not coming back (without actually saying those exact words, but his intent was the same).

May hear from the Nebraska job and/or the eastern Washington job today. Hopefully. There's now a new eastern Washington opportunity in the mix for me, it's in beautiful Wenatchee, WA, which is filled with people from Seattle, who buy 2nd homes there because it's so beautiful. I have a Skype interview today at 3:00PM Central Time with the folks from Wenatchee - I hope and pray that it goes well. Say a prayer for me, please - I would so much appreciate it!

Everyone have great Wednesday's!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

This is interesting because my Dad died of cancer in Washington state in 2004. I was in Rolla, MO, at college in my 40's. I didn't make it back in time to see him before he died. I have to feel like you two above with this one, or I'll just feel too sad overall about it. My family caring for him there told him that "elkotronic's loves you - you know that and wants you to get to feeling better," things like that. It's just awful - I was arranging my schooling to try and hop a flight when Dad passed.

When Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer, I actually quit a good Sleep Tech. job in New Mexico and moved the two of us up to Washington, so I could spend some quality time with her before she passed. To get big hugs from Mom made it all worth it to me. I left a secure job there, though, and in the 2 1/2 years since, have struggled in the job department. I'm trying to fix that now, and it's not going easy. But the length of my love for my parents was too great, this is what I had to do. I inquired about coming back to that southern New Mexico hospital I left and the Boss man said no way, you left my group, you're not coming back (without actually saying those exact words, but his intent was the same).

May hear from the Nebraska job and/or the eastern Washington job today. Hopefully. There's now a new eastern Washington opportunity in the mix for me, it's in beautiful Wenatchee, WA, which is filled with people from Seattle, who buy 2nd homes there because it's so beautiful. I have a Skype interview today at 3:00PM Central Time with the folks from Wenatchee - I hope and pray that it goes well. Say a prayer for me, please - I would so much appreciate it!

Of course I am holding you in my prayers; that your job hunt is successful and that you secure permanent, satisfying and lasting career oppurtunity. may it be so.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Of course I am holding you in my prayers; that your job hunt is successful and that you secure permanent, satisfying and lasting career oppurtunity. may it be so.

elston - I appreciate your patience during my job search. I don't mean to bore people with it in here. I just talk about it because it is a problem that I'm having that I would rather talk about than hold it inside. Our son is enjoying his position at KC's Restore Habitat for Humanity. He works 5 out of 7 days a week for 8 hours per day. Mostly it's been fine with him living here with us - a few bad fights but no damage done (physical, anyway). We're thrilled he's working and yes, he's giving to the family money kitty!

On my job front: I got an "urgent" RPSGT job opportunity notice this morning by e-mail and phone call and put in my request to be considered for it. It's in Zanesville, Ohio. I also put in for a permanent position as a RPSGT in small Littleton, NH. I like the looks of this New Hampshire opportunity and town. I think we might like it there. Something is going to break soon. The Manager from eastern Washington has taken time off and the HR Lady can't get his attention - I'm starting to scratch that job off my list. Something is fishy about it. Still waiting to hear from Hasting's, Nebraska. And, this afternoon I've got a Skype video/phone interview with the folks at Wenatchee, WA. We would both love to return to Washington state in Wenatchee, WA. It's beautiful but the housing is priced kind of high - we'd have to buy an RV or something. We would have to really turn the brain energy on to figure out Wenatchee housing.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I didn't think that I did, but I see that I do. Maybe I will see her again.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

I have seriously arranged my schedule, such as it was, to attend to people who were dead and dying. You can't leave them alone. I was once very ill, near death, but I could hear and feel everything. Thankfully that only lasted for a few days, but I'll never forget it.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:40 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I'm sitting here just thinking about what my lady looked like. My mental picture remembering her. I fell the need to relate this, as my minds eye sees her. My lovely little lady. A face like no other, liquid gold/brown eyes, shaped like large down turned almonds, flashing with a hint of green when her mood changed. The cutest little button of a nose that blended with her eyes in a way I can't describe. That spray of little freckles across her nose and cheeks that looked like an artist had placed them as they blended with perfect symmetry. Her small but perfect mouth, so expressive and when combined with her eyes made a perfect barometer of her mood.

Auburn hair, streaked naturally with hints of blonde, usually pulled into her ubiquitous pony, but when she let the pony out it was like a spark gasoline, as it came ooze and framed her face like a wreath of fire . She would tilt her head, always to the right, and shake her hair out and it would fall perfectly to hang on her front like feathers with the back hanging down to the middle off her back and when she added her smile to all that the effect was hypnotic. She was perfectly curvy, her arms shapely, with tiny hands that years of being a nurse and healing people had given a skill in touch. Even in a state of red rage, one caress on my arm, or a touch on my face from those hands and I was instantly calm and almost in a dream state.

Her waist was small and her hips narrow, which again gave her unique shape even more features that made her one of a kind. Her legs were shaped perfectly to match her hips and like her hands, her feet were tiny and delicate, and shod always in her Sketchers exercise shoes (that made her 5'3 rather than her true 5'1 lol) To me, she was the most beautiful woman ever to grace the Earth. An Elf princess that glowed with powerful and kind magic. Magic she cast a spell on me with. One that lingers still and warms me from the inside out.

I remember her voice when it was tinged with laughter. Laughter that was a powerful part of her magic. With her eyes flashing, her face framed with the fire of her hair, a light caress of her small hands and her voice with that intoxicating laughter I could refuse her no wish. And when she broke into her little happy dance capping it all off, I would have gladly walked on hot coals for her.

This is how I choose to remember her. A creature from a different realm. Sent by some Faerie Queen to make this mere mortal man the happiest man on Earth. Whatever it was I did that earned me her company, let alone her love, I know not. But I would repeat it again , even if it was excruciatingly painful, because there is nothing I would not endure just to walk into the room and catch her scent, which was always as intoxicating as the sight of her.

This was, is, my beautiful, radiant, magical lady. As I will always see her in my minds eye. Thank you all for the opportunity to share this vision. Doing so has allowed me to have her ever close to me, and let's me feel that love as if she were actually in my arms. I pray that all of you here who have lost someone can keep a vision of your loved one like this. That you may be blessed with a similar gift that keeps the joy close. Keeps the Love alive and burning inside you. Inspiring and motivating you. Amen.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.