Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 01:26 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,533,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm sitting here just thinking about what my lady looked like. My mental picture remembering her. I fell the need to relate this, as my minds eye sees her. My lovely little lady. A face like no other, liquid gold/brown eyes, shaped like large down turned almonds, flashing with a hint of green when her mood changed. The cutest little button of a nose that blended with her eyes in a way I can't describe. That spray of little freckles across her nose and cheeks that looked like an artist had placed them as they blended with perfect symmetry. Her small but perfect mouth, so expressive and when combined with her eyes made a perfect barometer of her mood.

Auburn hair, streaked naturally with hints of blonde, usually pulled into her ubiquitous pony, but when she let the pony out it was like a spark gasoline, as it came ooze and framed her face like a wreath of fire . She would tilt her head, always to the right, and shake her hair out and it would fall perfectly to hang on her front like feathers with the back hanging down to the middle off her back and when she added her smile to all that the effect was hypnotic. She was perfectly curvy, her arms shapely, with tiny hands that years of being a nurse and healing people had given a skill in touch. Even in a state of red rage, one caress on my arm, or a touch on my face from those hands and I was instantly calm and almost in a dream state.

Her waist was small and her hips narrow, which again gave her unique shape even more features that made her one of a kind. Her legs were shaped perfectly to match her hips and like her hands, her feet were tiny and delicate, and shod always in her Sketchers exercise shoes (that made her 5'3 rather than her true 5'1 lol) To me, she was the most beautiful woman ever to grace the Earth. An Elf princess that glowed with powerful and kind magic. Magic she cast a spell on me with. One that lingers still and warms me from the inside out.

I remember her voice when it was tinged with laughter. Laughter that was a powerful part of her magic. With her eyes flashing, her face framed with the fire of her hair, a light caress of her small hands and her voice with that intoxicating laughter I could refuse her no wish. And when she broke into her little happy dance capping it all off, I would have gladly walked on hot coals for her.

This is how I choose to remember her. A creature from a different realm. Sent by some Faerie Queen to make this mere mortal man the happiest man on Earth. Whatever it was I did that earned me her company, let alone her love, I know not. But I would repeat it again , even if it was excruciatingly painful, because there is nothing I would not endure just to walk into the room and catch her scent, which was always as intoxicating as the sight of her.

This was, is, my beautiful, radiant, magical lady. As I will always see her in my minds eye. Thank you all for the opportunity to share this vision. Doing so has allowed me to have her ever close to me, and let's me feel that love as if she were actually in my arms. I pray that all of you here who have lost someone can keep a vision of your loved one like this. That you may be blessed with a similar gift that keeps the joy close. Keeps the Love alive and burning inside you. Inspiring and motivating you. Amen.......

NV Plumber...I'm so sorry for your loss. You are so eloquent in describing her, and your love for her. She was lucky to experience such love.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:45 AM

Well, I guess it's a good thing that I was laid off my job a couple of years ago, as I've barely been out of bed since my Sable died a week ago.

Most surprising was the reaction of my daughter, who just returned from an overseas trip. She was very cold and in no way a comfort. She acted the same way when her childhood dog, a Pomeranian, died in my arms 11 years ago. At that time, I attributed it to immaturity & she had just met her now-husband. But, she also has a dog that she has spent thousands on, for patella surgeries, bladder stones, grand mal seizures.

Her reaction, or lack of, just set me back further. Since this forum is anonymous, I feel that I can be open with my feelings, so I have to wonder what kind of person I raised, & how this happened. We were good parents & she has been this ice cube since early adulthood and is now in her 30's. She was a kind, compassionate, caring child. It's very painful.

This has been going on for years now, so I feel I'm grieving the death of the daughter I once knew, in addition to the death of my sweet dog; it pushed me over the edge.

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 08-12-2017 at 01:58 AM..

Old 08-12-2017, 04:41 AM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Good Saturday Morning.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Marcia, you are not alone....I have found my son to be totally different then the boy I raised. He is the one that dropped off both of my Basset Hounds to me--one as a puppy and one as a senior. I am not sure how anyone could do this. How does one just give away a fur-baby after 10 years! His father is like that so I am guessing he got that from his dad. He knows I live on a fixed income and only sends me $50.00 a month for dog food and we all know that doesn't go far with medical bills etc. But he is a wonderful father to his 3 daughters so I will give him credit for that.
My father once told me the world needs more people like you and I and others like us and that is why we are here. Hopefully your daughter will once again find her compassion......I have to think it is a sign of the times.
Work went well last night. I talked to some great customers and enjoyed their conversations! That is the perks for me working there! Got home late but all was fine.
Today I am expecting one of our customers from Petsense to stop by my house to borrow one of my humane cat traps since they are having a problem catching a female cat that keeps having kittens. They don't live far from me and although I don't like to loan out my personal things like that I realize the importance of catching this mama kitty to get her spayed. Rescue is in my blood! The important thing is to catch the cat--not worry about my trap!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-12-2017, 06:35 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
cyn - there you go again, helping other people. The world does need more of your type.

MMM - sorry, we have our own story with our son. He is gainfully employed, but needs ta take care of past business. I'll leave it at that. He loves animals like the two of us do, we love that about him.

The 2nd Wenatchee job interview on Skype with the Sleep Lab Manager went well. What blew me away was when he asked me if I would mind working over in Moses Lake. Moses Lake? Their Congregation was the warmest one we've ever seen as far as our church goes. We still marvel over it. They're wonderful people - when we arrived in Feb. '15 about 10 of them met us as I pulled the U-Haul in and they unloaded everything for us. Unbelievable - we may have a match here. I will get a call from the Project Manager either Monday or Tuesday - if I don't, I'm to get a hold of the Sleep Lab Manager who I Skyped with yesterday and he'll remind her I need contacting. Looks good, folks. Continued prayers would be fantastic.

Wenatchee is expensive, Moses is less so. Moses Lake, especially if living on the "base", is similar to KC rental prices. So we'll see.

Everyone have fantastic Saturday's! NVPlumber - man, you write like an...author. I am so sorry for your loss. You loved her intensely and deeply. The man upstairs is also sad about what happened to her, rest assured. This is not how he intended things to turn out for his creation. There is hope for the future, however.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:50 AM

Elko.........I am keeping you very much in my mind and prayers today....I keep checking to see if you have heard anything....and of course....considering time zones it isnt likely that Washington would be calling anytime soon....lol.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:42 AM

Thank you, Cyn & Elko, for your kind thoughts.

Cyn, I understand how you feel about loaning out your stuff...can't your customer just buy a Have-a-Heart trap? I'm guessing that's what you're loaning her, & she will need it more than once.

We had the same problem in our former SoCal neighborhood...my husband caught so many pregnant, feral cats, & we had to fight with the local Humane Society to take them. We always used the stinkiest, cheapest canned cat food to catch them.

Once, a possum got trapped. When I released him, I don't know who was more scared, him or me...those teeth! And you haven't lived until you smell possum poop!

Elko, I'm wishing you continued luck on your job hunt. Yes, Wenatchee is expensive...I've been there, don't get the attraction, except for cheap internet.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:04 AM

Had to laugh Marcia..my 49 years of rescue work was in So CA. Actors for animals were a wonderful help for us. I did trap many possums but actually on purpose. This elderly lady would trap them and throw them in her pool to drown them so I told her I'd catch them and transport them to the Wildlife Way Station. Ugly little guys but they are the keepers of the earth so I protect them. They probably think we are pretty ugly too! Ha! I have worked with most wild animals in one form or another at the Wild Life Way station--love it there! Learned a lot!
This is an elderly disabled lady and money is something she has little of so I know she can't buy or even rent a humane trap...mine are just sitting here now so I will take a chance and lone her a couple. She buys animal food at out store and is a regular so I trust her. She has already caught the kittens and daddy but the mama is clever. She caught the others in a home made make shift trap--amazing really!

Old 08-12-2017, 02:24 PM

A Good Word about Possums: they eat thousands of deer ticks....that carry Lymes disease.

Except for their mouth full of sharp teeth which they show defensively....I think they are cute.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:00 PM

Ha me too elston--they eat all the crud like roaches etc. If you do ever need to move one you just pick it up by its tail. Never been bit yet! They just look ferocious. But as I have said before there isn't a critter I don't like! Smile!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.