Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM

48,307 posts, read 22,073,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
.... This man amazes me at his concern for me and how he cares for people. He is so well liked and respected by everyone in NC and has even spoken at out church (before I was going there). But he truly cares and wants to help--amazing. Guess it's another blessing!
Count your many blessings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vohlRrPAIXM

Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,371,564 times
Beautiful and thank you my friend! So true!

Old 01-17-2015, 03:40 PM

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
    When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
    Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
    • Refrain:
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      *Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
      [*And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.]
  2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
    Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
    Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
    And you will keep singing as the days go by.
  3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
    Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
    Count your many blessings—*money cannot buy [*wealth can never buy]
    Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
  4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
    Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
    Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
    Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:45 PM

Smile!

Old 01-18-2015, 10:34 AM

Home after church and Sunday school and then it's back again to the church for my grief meeting and then it's my teams turn to serve dinner for another group. Boy this church sure has lots of activities. Glad it's pretty close to home. Sometime in between all of this I have to feed my neighbors dog---I'm thinking on the way back to church at 2:30PM.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Quote:
Home after church and Sunday school and then it's back again to the church for my grief meeting and then it's my teams turn to serve dinner for another group. Boy this church sure has lots of activities. Glad it's pretty close to home. Sometime in between all of this I have to feed my neighbors dog---I'm thinking on the way back to church at 2:30PM.
Staying "busy" helps very much, cyn. I'm so happy that you have such a nice church presence in your life.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:41 AM

I couldn't even stay for the entire dinner serving--I was exhausted. I am no longer a night person and this church does lots of things in the evening. I had a girl come up to me and tell me she really wants me to attend these 2 meetings next Friday night and Saturday morning. It is about finding out who we are and our purpose. Plus I have that concert on Saturday night....It makes me tired just thinking about it all. I know to most it doesn't seem like a lot but when you are grieving it wears a person out both emotionally and physically. I am so out of shape. I'll do my best.....

Old 01-19-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I couldn't even stay for the entire dinner serving--I was exhausted. I am no longer a night person and this church does lots of things in the evening. I had a girl come up to me and tell me she really wants me to attend these 2 meetings next Friday night and Saturday morning. It is about finding out who we are and our purpose. Plus I have that concert on Saturday night....It makes me tired just thinking about it all. I know to most it doesn't seem like a lot but when you are grieving it wears a person out both emotionally and physically. I am so out of shape. I'll do my best.....
Cyn......my advice is listen to your body and not overdo. Getting out to church and to your grief group or one support group maybe enough....You be the judge. Don't let these church ladies push you around. You know what is best. You know yourself. They may intend to be helpful.....but they don't know you very well and they may figure the more church in your life....the better. "T'aint necessarily so!"

Old 01-19-2015, 10:53 AM

15,081 posts, read 12,268,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Cyn......my advice is listen to your body and not overdo. Getting out to church and to your grief group or one support group maybe enough....You be the judge. Don't let these church ladies push you around. You know what is best. You know yourself. They may intend to be helpful.....but they don't know you very well and they may figure the more church in your life....the better. "T'aint necessarily so!"
And I second that! As usual, so well said, Elston.

Cyn, you know yourself and you know what you can do and what's too much. I'm sure those ladies mean well, but running all over like a whirling dervish all the time, to the point where you're too tired to think straight, isn't good for anyone. Those down times ( where you're resting, and gathering perspective) are just as necessary for your body, and soul, as getting involved in activities which interest you and are good for you.

So YOU pick what you do and when you do it, and rest, enjoy that down time as you need it! And don't feel guilty that you may have turned down another activity that was out there.

And have a good day, all of "you's"!

Old 01-19-2015, 01:53 PM

I think you are correct...to much of a "good" thing isn't necessarily a good thing for me right now. Think I'll stick with the grief group with Hospice for sure....but that's only for a month. I went to the Christian ministry today and he was thrilled to have me want to come---trouble is for now it's no pay and voluntary--and I don't mind volunteering but I also am in need of making some money. Anyhow I will go and see more about it Friday when I start there at 8am. It is a 1/2 hour drive which also means gas but who know it may all be more then worth it--I have to see. Trouble is when I'm not here and I am volunteering there I can't be working ebay and making money even if it isn't a lot it is something. Just have to see what it is all about.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning