Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 06:06 AM

48,338 posts, read 22,088,281 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Friends.

Today an engineer hired by my insurance company is coming to inspect my roof. I filed a hurricane damage claim. It makes me anxious!

Old 03-08-2018, 06:08 AM

817 posts, read 991,533 times
Good morning all. Cyn, how is your tummy feeling? It is chilly here in north Florida, with frost warnings last night and tonight. I sure hope my spring flowers don't get frosted

But it is sunny, and we have the time change this weekend which always cheers me up because I like light in the evenings.

Have a great day everyone

Old 03-08-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Good morning all. Cyn, how is your tummy feeling? It is chilly here in north Florida, with frost warnings last night and tonight. I sure hope my spring flowers don't get frosted

But it is sunny, and we have the time change this weekend which always cheers me up because I like light in the evenings.

Have a great day everyone
No danger of frost here.....in Ft Myers.....but it is cool this morning.

I never get used to the time changes; I would rather they changed the times of school and office hours etc. and leave my clocks alone. Daylight savings time is like cutting a foot off the top of a blanket and sewing it on the bottom and thinking that the blanket is now longer. There is only so much daylight and it varies with the season.....I would rather just accept it.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,383,135 times
Like Molly I do prefer the daylight savings time but also like elston wish they'd just leave it alone.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Like Molly I do prefer the daylight savings time but also like elston wish they'd just leave it alone.
It plays havoc with my sleep schedule....and its very confusing for one of my dogs also.....I end up waking up at 3 AM for weeks....sometimes months.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Me too..the dogs really have a bad reaction to time changes. I try not to do it all in one night for them. But then there is afternoon feeding and work...just not an easy task since they just don't get it.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:18 PM

817 posts, read 991,533 times
We are not morning people, so the main confusion for us (and our dogs) is during what I refer to as "winter time" (standard time). I just feel "off" until we go back to DST.

But I realize it is a personal preference and what works for my family doesn't necessarily work for others. I don't like changing the time twice a year, but I'll happily tolerate it because I'd really be unhappy if it was always standard time

Old 03-09-2018, 04:04 AM

I prefer DST too! I am a morning person basically since my husband passed away since eveningws are so lonely so I just go to bed. Early to bed early to rise.
Once again we are in the low 20's here--ugh! Oh well it is still winter I guess.
I work tonight and this is the one day I work with my boss and he always ends up having me get home late. Maybe when the time changes it won't seem so bad.
I have a busy couple of weeks coming--have to have my car emissions checked, get new tires and then get my new tags. Lots of money too! But luckily I have save almost enough for the tires and I just found out yesterday that if I wait until after the 20th of March there will be a $70.00 rebate!! That will helps for sure.
Elston how did your roof inspection go? I hope you will get done what is needed with no problems!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 03-09-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I prefer DST too! I am a morning person basically since my husband passed away since eveningws are so lonely so I just go to bed. Early to bed early to rise.
Once again we are in the low 20's here--ugh! Oh well it is still winter I guess.
I work tonight and this is the one day I work with my boss and he always ends up having me get home late. Maybe when the time changes it won't seem so bad.
I have a busy couple of weeks coming--have to have my car emissions checked, get new tires and then get my new tags. Lots of money too! But luckily I have save almost enough for the tires and I just found out yesterday that if I wait until after the 20th of March there will be a $70.00 rebate!! That will helps for sure.
Elston how did your roof inspection go? I hope you will get done what is needed with no problems!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Now begins the wait on the insurance to see about the roof replacement....its not leaking and it is pretty much intact..but lots of cracked and lifted and lose tiles from wind damage; since the tiles are no longer available....can't just patch....we will see what the insurance co says. My roofing contractor feels they will have to replace it....but that they will wait as long as possible...keep their money in the bank. Of course we will have to pay the substantial deductible.

Have a good Friday.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:08 AM

Oh the waiting and the money--never ending! Sorry for you elston!
Hope things work out in a positive way for you!
Time to get ready for work now. Have a lovely day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning