Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 05:41 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,782,963 times

Advertisements

Cyn, I just read your news today. I'm not a frequent poster but I stay tuned to your thread. I feel like I know you and a few other posters.

You and many others are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you. Regards Shh

Old 09-27-2018, 09:17 PM

815 posts, read 989,252 times
Thinking of you, cyn.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:47 AM

48,307 posts, read 22,073,039 times
Good Morning All

I am up early and working on getting a guest room set up for when I come home from hospital.....the dogs use the big bed in the master bedroom and I need to keep the "sick room" bed as clean and sterile as possible. Its a cute little room. I am keeping a sheet over the bedding ... so if the dogs do go in there to sleep....my work won't be "in vain" Lots of work to do this week getting ready. Surgery is scheduled 10/5/ Then I will stay in hospital till Monday and then in rehab for about a week. (PT and OT and nursing supervision. So when you dont see me for a week or so.....dont worry.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,371,564 times
Wish I had the energy to just get my house clean again! You amaze me elston.
Thanks Molly...I feel pretty down today--sore from yesterdays medical work and then I think I slept wrong and my arm/back is killing me. Took some tylenol and am going back to bed for awhile. Fed the kitties so I know they are taken care of. Have a blessed day.
Nice to see you Shh!

Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Good thinking about the guest bedroom, elston.

I ordered my new glasses yesterday. I did get the bifocals because I am not liking my $1 readers anymore. Went to America's Best. Two pair for $69 and a free eye exam? Ha,ha,ha! If you want just crap glasses. How about $363.95? I had to pay the full balance right then and there in order to have my order processed. OUCH!

I found out why my doctor has been bugging me for two years to get my eyes tested....there are 3 places that diabetes tends to make bleed. The feet, the kidneys and the eyes. So if the veins in your eyes are bleeding, the chances are good that the veins in your feet and/or kidneys are too. The Optometrist educated me about lots of things yesterday! No bleeding in my eyes,tg.

Also, the stuff they use to dilate your eyes? The bluer your eyes, the more that solution works!!! There are two solution, weak and strong. He used the weak solution on me. I have very blue eyes. Even some friends who have blue eyes have told me they wished they had my blue eyes! Pretty good compliment. My youngest grandson has my eyes.

My left eye is going downhill. It will have a very thick lense. It is growing a cataract. Oh joy. Doc said I could have the operation now or I can wait. I will wait. I will wait until I am almost blind in that eye. Been there, done that before with my MS. I WAS totally blind in that eye for 4 months. Didn't stop me from doing normal stuff like driving.

The store is only 10 minutes away from the house. I was scheduled for an hour appointment. 4 hours later I got home!!! I got such good service and social time while I was there!

I had a hard time picking out frames. I didn't like them even though there were dozens and dozens to choose from. I just didn't like them, cheap or expensive ones! A worker called my name and came to me wanting me to go with her. I told her I couldn't yet because I hadn't picked out frames. So she said "whenever you're ready. " Ok, I am finally ready, I go to her, she is yapping with a co-worker and she blows me off onto the co-worker! She had an attitude towards me because I couldn't jump at her comman before. This co-worker and I just gabbed and gabbed and gabbed! She was from NH. Lebanon. We finally stop yapping and she does her thing with my glasses and off I go back to the doctor, hoping my eyes were still dilated! They were and apparently I was the last patient so he took his time, told me all that stuff, told me he had been to Plymouth, showed me my eyeballs, showed me the damage the MS had done to my left eye. Quite a good visit!

Hope your aches and pains calm down, cyn. My left knee has been bothering me since I got home yesterday. I put on a small SalonPas pad on it and it feels so much better.

Did I tell you guys I got my hair thinned out Wednesday? Boy, oh, boy, does my head feel lighter and cooler! No length cut, just the bushiness calmed down. Only cost $14 plus $5 tip, so I shall go every 8 or so weeks to keep the jungle under control. My mother used to have my hair cut and thinned when I had no control, now I know why. I will just do the thinning. If I already told you, pardon moi!

Have a great day!

Old 09-28-2018, 10:25 AM

50,480 posts, read 64,355,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Morning All

I am up early and working on getting a guest room set up for when I come home from hospital.....the dogs use the big bed in the master bedroom and I need to keep the "sick room" bed as clean and sterile as possible. Its a cute little room. I am keeping a sheet over the bedding ... so if the dogs do go in there to sleep....my work won't be "in vain" Lots of work to do this week getting ready. Surgery is scheduled 10/5/ Then I will stay in hospital till Monday and then in rehab for about a week. (PT and OT and nursing supervision. So when you dont see me for a week or so.....dont worry.
The final countdown, huh? I’m glad I’m past that stage. I wonder if they will use any other new protocols besides the dog free, clean bedding, and the nerve blocker? I was also allowed some liquids in the hours before surgery, and was given a protein drink just before surgery. Better than the no nothing, no how, after midnight the night before. I was not under general anesthesia, but had an epidural. Interestingly, I was aware of some clunking and crunching going on with my knee, but no pain.

Try not to be nervous. It’ll be fine.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:56 AM

48,307 posts, read 22,073,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Good thinking about the guest bedroom, elston.

I ordered my new glasses yesterday. I did get the bifocals because I am not liking my $1 readers anymore. Went to America's Best. Two pair for $69 and a free eye exam? Ha,ha,ha! If you want just crap glasses. How about $363.95? I had to pay the full balance right then and there in order to have my order processed. OUCH!

I found out why my doctor has been bugging me for two years to get my eyes tested....there are 3 places that diabetes tends to make bleed. The feet, the kidneys and the eyes. So if the veins in your eyes are bleeding, the chances are good that the veins in your feet and/or kidneys are too. The Optometrist educated me about lots of things yesterday! No bleeding in my eyes,tg.

Also, the stuff they use to dilate your eyes? The bluer your eyes, the more that solution works!!! There are two solution, weak and strong. He used the weak solution on me. I have very blue eyes. Even some friends who have blue eyes have told me they wished they had my blue eyes! Pretty good compliment. My youngest grandson has my eyes.

My left eye is going downhill. It will have a very thick lense. It is growing a cataract. Oh joy. Doc said I could have the operation now or I can wait. I will wait. I will wait until I am almost blind in that eye. Been there, done that before with my MS. I WAS totally blind in that eye for 4 months. Didn't stop me from doing normal stuff like driving.

The store is only 10 minutes away from the house. I was scheduled for an hour appointment. 4 hours later I got home!!! I got such good service and social time while I was there!

I had a hard time picking out frames. I didn't like them even though there were dozens and dozens to choose from. I just didn't like them, cheap or expensive ones! A worker called my name and came to me wanting me to go with her. I told her I couldn't yet because I hadn't picked out frames. So she said "whenever you're ready. " Ok, I am finally ready, I go to her, she is yapping with a co-worker and she blows me off onto the co-worker! She had an attitude towards me because I couldn't jump at her comman before. This co-worker and I just gabbed and gabbed and gabbed! She was from NH. Lebanon. We finally stop yapping and she does her thing with my glasses and off I go back to the doctor, hoping my eyes were still dilated! They were and apparently I was the last patient so he took his time, told me all that stuff, told me he had been to Plymouth, showed me my eyeballs, showed me the damage the MS had done to my left eye. Quite a good visit!

Hope your aches and pains calm down, cyn. My left knee has been bothering me since I got home yesterday. I put on a small SalonPas pad on it and it feels so much better.

Did I tell you guys I got my hair thinned out Wednesday? Boy, oh, boy, does my head feel lighter and cooler! No length cut, just the bushiness calmed down. Only cost $14 plus $5 tip, so I shall go every 8 or so weeks to keep the jungle under control. My mother used to have my hair cut and thinned when I had no control, now I know why. I will just do the thinning. If I already told you, pardon moi!

Have a great day!
Right same experience at America's Best....advertise 2 pair for $69....I got one pair and it was over $450 ....I got all the options. The service was good and I like my glasses....but I got one pair and my DH got 2 pairs .... so almost $1000 before we were out of there.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:39 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Right same experience at America's Best....advertise 2 pair for $69....I got one pair and it was over $450 ....I got all the options. The service was good and I like my glasses....but I got one pair and my DH got 2 pairs .... so almost $1000 before we were out of there.
Holy cow, elston! Sorry, makes me feel better about my 2 pair! Of course one pair is sunglasses. Polarized. I said I wanted the same kind of lenses I have now, so they gave me what I wanted!

I just found out that my very first boyfriend died two days ago. He was such a sweetie. I dumped him for the a-hole I married. RIP, Wayne. Too soon.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:34 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,371,564 times
Good morning all!
I am getting really tired of this waiting game for results! At least my arm and back are not sore today! I do way to much thinking about all the possibilities from this.....very over whelming for sure. Would just like to sleep until they have the results! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 09-29-2018, 08:13 AM

815 posts, read 989,252 times
Cyn, I am glad to hear that your arm and back are not hurting you today.
Obviously you were up bright and early this morning. I am a night owl and rarely get out of bed before 8:00.
Are you still working?
I know it's not easy, but try to keep focused on the positive. The results will come, and you will deal with them then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning