Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 12:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 12,194,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
The determination is only there because I have no choice! If I had a choice it certainly would not be getting these treatments but if I want to live to see my children / grand children grow up it's what I HAVE to do--also I still have my kitties to care for. Mr Mann has been gone for a day now but I think he is flirting with the neighbors cats--I hope! Wrong again he just showed up to Eat! Now my family is complete!
Just hoping today goes smoothly! Praying constantly! Yes, I am terrified---not about the injection itself but what future plans the doctor has. Guess I have no choice but to do this one day at a time. Wish my DH was still here.
Have a blessed day everyone!

(((Cyn))))). I recall an doctor I once worked with telling a patient that we don't usually get to choose the burdens we get ( such as serious illness, other adversities), but we DO get a choice in how we handle those burdens and in our attitudes towards them. So you could choose to take a negative stance on your burdens, feel sorry for yourself to the point you don't do anything else and make excuses for essentially bowing out of your life and responsibilities, or, as you have chosen to do, face your problems with courage and determination, and keep on keeping on. It might be easier to give up, but, thank goodness, I don't think it's in your nature to do so. And being so determined and positive WILL help you physically, emotionally, spiritually and in every way to prevail over your burdens.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:05 PM

48,198 posts, read 22,035,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
(((Cyn))))). I recall an doctor I once worked with telling a patient that we don't usually get to choose the burdens we get ( such as serious illness, other adversities), but we DO get a choice in how we handle those burdens and in our attitudes towards them. So you could choose to take a negative stance on your burdens, feel sorry for yourself to the point you don't do anything else and make excuses for essentially bowing out of your life and responsibilities, or, as you have chosen to do, face your problems with courage and determination, and keep on keeping on. It might be easier to give up, but, thank goodness, I don't think it's in your nature to do so. And being so determined and positive WILL help you physically, emotionally, spiritually and in every way to prevail over your burdens.
such wise counsel

Old 11-21-2018, 04:45 PM

14,975 posts, read 12,194,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
such wise counsel

Thank you, Elston. And here's hoping your knee replacement recovery is going well ( sounds as though it was ), and that this Thanksgiving finds you and your loved ones with much to be thankful for.

And, thanks for YOUR wise counsel- I hadn't posted here for a couple years but I lurked and always appreciated reading what you had to say.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Old 11-21-2018, 08:16 PM

354 posts, read 417,254 times
Cyn, I admire your strength and bravery and your willingness to share with us. You inspire me as I am going through some serious health issues. I love you all and wish each and everyone of you a "Happy Thanksgiving".

Old 11-22-2018, 03:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,337,647 times
I hope to inspire many Grantie....reading your post inspires me too! I have to admit I have little bravery just determination and faith! It's my faith I am depending on now.
Have a great Thanksgiving all and be blessed!

Old 11-22-2018, 04:01 AM

Best Wishes and Blessings for all of us who gather here.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:19 AM

815 posts, read 984,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Best Wishes and Blessings for all of us who gather here.
Thank you, elston.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-22-2018, 09:37 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,518,758 times
I’m watching an episode of the Little Couple in which their son is undergoing a sleep study. It is so very complicated. Now, I think I understand what your job is like.

Thank you so much, gentlearts. Sleep medicine falls under the large umbrella of Cardiopulmonary, as does Respiratory Therapy. I am a Respiratory Therapist as well as a Sleep Technician, but I really prefer Sleep technology more than all of the other tasks a regular Respiratory Therapist does.

And you're right, it is pretty complicated. I love that about it, it is hard ta do when you're a beginner, though, that is for sure. Thanks again for your comments. Thinking about you, too, cyn. Pray often to God for strength, patience and endurance to get through all of this, my friend.

Y'all enjoy your time off and your day today!

Old 11-22-2018, 05:08 PM

good night everyone....but it feels like a long day ....going to go relax before bedtime....see you all tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:07 AM

32,967 posts, read 36,456,285 times
I ate too much on Wednesday evening, and napped on and off on Thursday. It was a really good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.