Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2018, 03:54 AM

48,307 posts, read 22,073,039 times

Advertisements

This morning I am baking a "Pumpkin/Black Walnut Quick Bread". I havent had black walnuts in years. When I was a kid, I used to go out with my father and gather wild black walnuts....trying to beat the squirrels to the favorite trees. They are tedious and difficult to open and to pick the meat out of them. Our reward was Mom would make something special .....date or pumkin breads, or a cake with blackwalnuts scattered over the maple frosting, or similarly frosted cookies. It is funny and comforting how memories can "come back like a ghost".

Old 12-06-2018, 08:58 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I would think they'd probably try calling you again, or perhaps send you a letter if the CT scan news is not good, they'd really want to notify you of that, especially if it changes your treatment options.

So maybe if they don't call you again, and you get no other notifications, its "no news is good news"? Let's hope maybe so.
Yes, ty, Tlassie, I was thinking the same. I am not totally unreachable! I like the "no news..." philosophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Thank You so much for your comments and interest. Yes it is crazy I spend very little time out in the sun...I am afraid of cancer.....I had much too much exposure as a child....bad burns...and the sun now can activate dormant cancer cells......I keep covered or under shelter from the sun.
Me too, elston! I was always burned, in bed or in the house because of one day out in the sun at the beginning of the summer. I am perfectly happy not to be as Brown as I now know I could get, being down here. Of course my "tan" is freckles also. Thanks for mentioning the D3. I shall ask my Primary about it. Even though I take my happy pills, I still feel depressed but I don't want to ask for that other Rx pill they say can be taken in addition to the happy pills. So I have just been suffering through it. 'course my living conditions don't help me but I choose to stay because I actually kinda have to. Can't see a way out for myself and there are times when I do have a nice day. *sigh*

Quote:
This morning I am baking a "Pumpkin/Black Walnut Quick Bread". I havent had black walnuts in years. When I was a kid, I used to go out with my father and gather wild black walnuts....trying to beat the squirrels to the favorite trees. They are tedious and difficult to open and to pick the meat out of them. Our reward was Mom would make something special .....date or pumkin breads, or a cake with blackwalnuts scattered over the maple frosting, or similarly frosted cookies. It is funny and comforting how memories can "come back like a ghost".
Sounds absolutely scrumpdelicious!! My Nana's oatmeal and my Dad's grapenut pudding evoke comforting memories for me.

I sure hope last night's cold didn't hurt your seedlings, elston. Have you ventured out today yet? It's still only 56° here. I have my stocking feet up in my recliner sitting in the sun in my room. Just enough to take the chill off.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm and dry.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, ty, Tlassie, I was thinking the same. I am not totally unreachable! I like the "no news..." philosophy.

Me too, elston! I was always burned, in bed or in the house because of one day out in the sun at the beginning of the summer. I am perfectly happy not to be as Brown as I now know I could get, being down here. Of course my "tan" is freckles also. Thanks for mentioning the D3. I shall ask my Primary about it. Even though I take my happy pills, I still feel depressed but I don't want to ask for that other Rx pill they say can be taken in addition to the happy pills. So I have just been suffering through it. 'course my living conditions don't help me but I choose to stay because I actually kinda have to. Can't see a way out for myself and there are times when I do have a nice day. *sigh*

Sounds absolutely scrumpdelicious!! My Nana's oatmeal and my Dad's grapenut pudding evoke comforting memories for me.

I sure hope last night's cold didn't hurt your seedlings, elston. Have you ventured out today yet? It's still only 56° here. I have my stocking feet up in my recliner sitting in the sun in my room. Just enough to take the chill off.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm and dry.
Tami, I worried for my seedlings...especially the ones I bought yesterday at Home Depot and put outside to harden them off for the garden. They looked a little shocked this morning...but all ok....and now all planted. I am thinking of renting another bed....a 4x8 foot bed. There are a couple near my 4 x4...same area of the community garden. If I do I could plant some summer squash and perhaps a tomato...and maybe some green beans or some collards. (My DH thinks I should hold off and not overdo it. He is probably correct.)

I am taking 5000 units of D3 every day...I know it is helping me immensely.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:49 PM

Good afternoon all. Glad your seedlings hung on, elston. Lol, I totally understand the planting too much! My husband just overwhelmed me with all the things he planted! Of course I was delighted to get to know truly fresh veggies but it was so much work! OTJ training for me!

I looked up D3 and I don't think it is for me. Its main job is the absorption of calcium. I usually have too much calcium and get kidney stones. I even had to stop taking vitamins with calcium in them for a while. Plus I LOVE milk.

I did something I never thought I would.....

I created a profile on the dating site Our Time! I haven't paid to join yet. I posted Wednesday and downloaded a picture yesterday. I have 2 guys looking to communicate with me all ready. I still haven't spent any money yet though. I can't see them until I pay.

Wth, it's only $4.49 a week. A gf spent over $600 on eHarmony to meet her husband. That was for a 6 month (I think) membership. What happens if you find someone before that 6 months? Do you get a refund? This weekly thing is better for "as you go". I don't know when I will pay and take a look see. I had put I was only looking for a pen pal to begin with. I'm lonesome and would like a male "friend" to talk to.

IDK, see how it goes!!

Old 12-07-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Good afternoon all. Glad your seedlings hung on, elston. Lol, I totally understand the planting too much! My husband just overwhelmed me with all the things he planted! Of course I was delighted to get to know truly fresh veggies but it was so much work! OTJ training for me!

I looked up D3 and I don't think it is for me. Its main job is the absorption of calcium. I usually have too much calcium and get kidney stones. I even had to stop taking vitamins with calcium in them for a while. Plus I LOVE milk.

I did something I never thought I would.....

I created a profile on the dating site Our Time! I haven't paid to join yet. I posted Wednesday and downloaded a picture yesterday. I have 2 guys looking to communicate with me all ready. I still haven't spent any money yet though. I can't see them until I pay.

Wth, it's only $4.49 a week. A gf spent over $600 on eHarmony to meet her husband. That was for a 6 month (I think) membership. What happens if you find someone before that 6 months? Do you get a refund? This weekly thing is better for "as you go". I don't know when I will pay and take a look see. I had put I was only looking for a pen pal to begin with. I'm lonesome and would like a male "friend" to talk to.

IDK, see how it goes!!
I met my husband thru an online service that had similar rules....I could post a profile and my photo...but until I paid I could only "wink" in response to members posts. He kept sending me messages...and I kept "winking" .I finally paid a $30 introductory offer and immediately responded...we met at a public place and the rest is history....we've been together for 15 years....got married several years ago....best $30 I ever spent

Good Luck

Old 12-07-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I met my husband thru an online service that had similar rules....I could post a profile and my photo...but until I paid I could only "wink" in response to members posts. He kept sending me messages...and I kept "winking" .I finally paid a $30 introductory offer and immediately responded...we met at a public place and the rest is history....we've been together for 15 years....got married several years ago....best $30 I ever spent

Good Luck
Ooooh, that makes me happy for you guys and hopeful, maybe, for me!

Old 12-07-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Ooooh, that makes me happy for you guys and hopeful, maybe, for me!

Good Luck tami....be careful....meet in public and don't "lend" him any money....I see too many of those sad stories on judge judy.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Good Luck tami....be careful....meet in public and don't "lend" him any money....I see too many of those sad stories on judge judy.
Thank you for that advice, elston. I, unfortunately, already have been down that road. I was flush with money back in those days, now I don't have any to spare. Definitely a public place too.

Thanks, friend.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,371,564 times
Want you all to know how much I love you! please have a blessed day.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:50 AM

815 posts, read 989,068 times
We love you too, cyn.
The support and kindness displayed by the posters here is so inspiring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning