Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 05:45 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

Cyn....I am so glad that you will be seeing the therapist who you feels understands you and who you have confidence in. That is so important. May all things be well for you my friend.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:37 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Thank you my dear elston! I pray daily things will go well.....it's in Gods hands I just have to listen!
I went to mow BuBu's yard...about 1/4-1/8 acre but my mower had a flat tire--really flat but it did start! Anyhow everyone is gone of course it is the weekend so I took a chance and my neighbor friend at the end of our road--another angel--came over and had a small portable pump and pumped up the tire, checked the oil (I forgot it takes oil)_ checked the filters and put more gas in it for me. Then he and his sweet daughter (she is the one that has such an angelic face) trimmed all my trees lower branches. Who could ask for more?! So when he left I took BuBu out and mowed his yard. The blades could use sharpening but they worked fine for what I wanted to do today. I just needed to get the feel again and make sure the mower would even start. It did and I am done with mowing for today---only have another 2 1/2 acres to go--ha! The grass isn't really growing much it's mostly wild flowers so that is okay for now. It is a beautiful picture perfect day now to wear myself out so I can sleep and not be so anxious. I was going to go to Lowes and rent a carpet cleaner and decided as much and as often as I need one, and I use to have my own and miss it so much because it was lightweight but still worked great so I ordered one today. That way I can do as much as I feel like doing at a time. By the time I spend the money to rent one, drive the 8 miles to get it and 8 miles to return it I will pay for this one in no time. Time to list a few items and then to jump in the shower. Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Old 03-22-2015, 05:38 AM

Church and Sunday school today. It's cloudy and cool. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Old 03-23-2015, 01:27 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
Cyn, you sure have wonderful neighbors around you. I think thats the beauty of small towns.
We went to maple syrup farm over the weekend with my 3 year old. There I met a farmer and his wife. After talking to them for 5 mins, she invited us over for brunch! Very kind folks.
My neighbor where I live doesnt even know I am pregnant, forget about invites for lunch. Ha!

Old 03-23-2015, 01:40 PM

Maila--so how far along are you anyhow? How exciting for you! We will get to greet another new baby on CD! The last one was Baby- Suds! New life is always such a wonderful thing!

Old 03-23-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Maila--so how far along are you anyhow? How exciting for you! We will get to greet another new baby on CD! The last one was Baby- Suds! New life is always such a wonderful thing!
I am 17 weeks now Cyn. Yes, i am very excited. I am going through a very rough time with my DH but otherwise I am doing good. He is giving me this silent treatment for the past 3 months, even after knowing I am pregnant. Anyway, that deserves another thread altogether.
I have an ultra sound in the next 3 weeks and I will know if its a boy or a girl

Old 03-24-2015, 05:27 AM

That is exciting Maila! Your husband may be a little worried about the situation and not sure how to handle it. More responsibility...but I'm sure he will come around. Most married couples have struggles and I am sure you will work this out!
I saw my therapist and she wants me to see a psychiatrist to get off of the anti-anxiety medications. I guess my regular doctor doesn't want to try as he feels I need a person who deals with the kind of problems I am having----they had been trying to get me in to see a local psychiatrist but thought I was going with that other group--I told them no I don't feel comfortable in that group. So we're back to square "A" looks like. I don't understand why it takes months to get in to see a psychiatrist. I may try to get in to see one on my own. I am attempting to mow the rest of my lawn today so I need to go to town and get extra gas just in case! I don't want to run out!

Old 03-24-2015, 09:41 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times
Congrats to you Maila and to your husband. I hope you share with us once you know the sex of the baby. . How exciting!!! I am smiling right now I am so happy for you and your family. Exciting news!!

Cyn, it took me about five weeks to see my psychiatrist. Once I got in I see her once a month. It took me about the same time to see my Counselor.

Wishing every one a lovely day,

Smilin

Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 AM

Thanjks smilinpretty and Cyn, i will sure let you know the gender of the baby when I know.

Cyn, sorry to hear about the wait-time. Its the same in Canada. It takes about that long to see a therapist of any kind.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:51 PM

I will just make the best of it. Had a good long talk with my doctors assistant and I really trust and like her. I feel better about things now. It is a beautiful day here so I mowed the rest of the yard! Done--for this week! I am so sore.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning