Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 04:43 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

I hope you are mostly happy this week CYN

Old 10-06-2014, 04:45 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Nice quote, Elston.
Cyn, I'm glad you have such caring neighbors. Sorry about the church, though.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:32 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,140 times
Good morning Cyn. How are you? God bless your neighbors. Tell them I didn’t know such good neighbors existed! It’s really good to know that there are people like that living. It’s nice of you to put together a goody bag for the little kids. I am sure they will appreciate them.

Cyn, contrary to what everyone says, I feel that the harder we try to forget things and get past the depressing-thoughts, the harder it is to let go of them. While everyone deals with grief differently, there is one thing that is common with everyone. We all need to process the grief. Until that is done, there is no escape. Going to sermons while going through grief is like applying vapo-rub when we have cold (sorry, sorry, bad comparison but I hope you got my point..what with so many religious places being commercialized these days). It helps, but just only a little. We just need to run the whole course and let the days pass. It will get better. It will for sure. Hang in there.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:20 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I did visit the new church and they have much to offer but I didn't much care for the sermon. It is not how I believe or think. Very opinionated on certain subjects that I just don't agree on so although it has much to offer I would not feel right going for that alone. So on to the next church next week. I can see this may take time but at least I am trying and getting around people. It is a beautiful day..my neighbors stopped by and put batteries in my smoke alarm--it is hard wired but still requires batteries--I didn't know that. And they put up some blinds in my den to help keep the heat in and the cold out during the winter. They had gotten them for my DH so the sun wouldn't shine on the tv when he was watching it from his bed but just didn't get them up before he passed away. I'm sure my DH is watching and really appreciates them doing it as much as I do!
Sometimes you have to visit different churches and congregations until you find one that feels like "home". When you find the right one that's what you'll feel like, you've come home.

What wonderful neighbors you have- so happy to hear that they're helping you out so very much, they must think a whole lot of you (and for good reason, for sure) that they're right there when you need something, and anticipate things that need to be done, and get right to it.

I'm sure your DH is right with you, there in spirit, and he's smiling, happy that you're moving along, accomplishing things, and with those neighbors and their ongoing support for you. Have a great day, dear lady.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
I had to take my 23 year old Taz cat back to the vet today..she has been sneezing like crazy and I just wanted her to have a recheck after last week. I guess things are ok--for her age--and he gave her some antihistamine shots--I think she's allergic to the other cats--ha! Anyhow now I am going to get my x-rays on my teeth to see what I may be looking at in the future--and how we can work out some kind of payment plan. Today will tell me how much this dentist is willing to work with me. Yes, my neighbors said they had wanted to do this for my DH and were very sorry they didn't get it done in time. How sweet. I know my DH is watching. I feel like a lost puppy today. Nothing unusual lately. I did find a place to fix my clock in Oregon so when I can I will ship it off to get repaired. Off to the dentist now.....

Old 10-06-2014, 06:29 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Keeping Taz in my thoughts and prayers. May she be well...may all manner of things be well.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:20 PM

good night friends.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good morning!
I had been noticing one of my other cats--my little gray (her name is Gray imagine that--guess I ran out of ideas on that one) anyhow she has been sneezing too. My neighbor is plowing and mulching up his horse pasture so maybe there is mold or just dust from that in the air. I changed my heater/AC filters but in reality my house is flat out very dusty right now. I have been trying so hard to get things listed and it's taking so long cause I have to research everything since I don't know what it is for the most part that my house has not had a good through cleaning. Anyhow it was back to the vets this morning and this time it cost twice as much--guess cause she is a new patient there. UGH! Taz is better but still has a little sneezing going on. Thanks for asking elston--she is my baby! Anyhow today I am going to get some of this dust gone in my house. It could even be a little cold--no fever with colds and antibiotics don't help they just have to run their course and hopefully don't cause respiratory problems which would require another vet visit and I can't afford that! The weather has done a sudden change from hot to cold so who knows.....just makes me sad when they don't feel good. My boss from CA called last night to see how I am and we talked for quite awhile..that was nice and I really needed it. We were and are very good friends. Hope everyone is having a good day.....

Old 10-08-2014, 05:44 AM

Good Morning. I hope that Taz and Gray are feeling better.....and of course hope that you are well too.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:52 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Hi everyone!

Cyn, I hope your cats are going to feel better soon!

We're just back from seeing Miranda's surgeon, he will remove her port-a-cath on November 3rd! Now we can really start planning our Thanksgiving vacation (well, post Thanksgiving, actually. More about this later.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.