Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 06:20 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
My dad died 8 months after my mom, who died Jan 22, 1989 (Super Bowl Sunday) early in the morning. He basically willed himself to death, too. Then losing two of my siblings, my husband and this past January, my oldest sibling. I'm very familiar with death and grieving.....
Ouch! I'm so sorry. That's decidedly a load. Familiar to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 06:22 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Mourning a loved one is ever gone. It gets easier with time, but the pain is still always there, just like wishing they were still alive is always there.

Like someone else said, I wonder how different my family life would have been if our dad hadn't passed away at 47 years old of a heart attack when I was 10. (left my mom a widow at 43 years old with me and 3 older siblings/brothers) I was his little girl. He was a wonderful man, from what I remember and from what I am told. How I wish he'd been in my life longer so I would have more memories of him. I know he'd be proud of me and would have loved to see his grandsons grow up.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Not uncommon especially in first year. Experts say that the worse comes about 6 months after the death and takes time to get to live with it. Now days its more likely I have remembrance that make me smile when things happen that make me remember a similar incident.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:29 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
25 years ago today (September 28), my dad passed away after a long illness. He had been non-responsive for about a week, so it wasn't as though we could converse with him, but I think he heard us. I still miss him a lot, and can remember his voice, his mannerisms, but mostly his love. I've never been visited by him, and have only rarely, if ever, dreamed of him, but I was a Daddy's girl and we were very close.....love you Daddy.
You guys shared a strong bond..

I lost my dad 26 years ago. The pain may still be there, but your heart will continue love him no matter what.

Last edited by kat949; 10-19-2014 at 11:56 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 11:46 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
I am so sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210
25 years ago today (September 28), my dad passed away after a long illness. He had been non-responsive for about a week, so it wasn't as though we could converse with him, but I think he heard us. I still miss him a lot, and can remember his voice, his mannerisms, but mostly his love. I've never been visited by him, and have only rarely, if ever, dreamed of him, but I was a Daddy's girl and we were very close.....love you Daddy.
Ahhhhhhhhh I am so sorry

I do wish you comfort in knowing there are ppl out here who do care about you

Peace and love to you my friend!

Old 10-20-2014, 01:19 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
My parents used to make a Christmas tape every year (cassette) and I have most of them. I love hearing them bantering cheerfully, joking and talking to their friends via the tape. I also have my VCR and our old video tapes, and my handi-cam tapes so I can see and hear my husband through the years. I kept his recorded greeting on his cell phone number which I am now using, so I call myself once and a while just to hear his voice. Whenever I do, I can't get through his greeting without breaking down and sobbing...

Old 10-20-2014, 02:17 AM

28 posts, read 29,945 times
Quote:
Marcy there is no word to console you. it is the principles of earth....

Old 10-26-2014, 10:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Its over 30 since I lost my Mom in a tragic accident.

Not sure but- I think there's a time to let things go.

In real grief there is a recovery period, I guess I just question why in 10 years people will still post here about deaths that happened 30 years ago. Unless its just data mining.

On Death and Dying - Elisabeth Kübler-Ross Foundation

I am watching my ex die of cancer now, but , jmo a message board is not a place I will expect endless empathy.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:25 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
I'm not grieving anymore, just realizing an anniversary, and noting that I still miss my dad. As an only child, my parents were my life, and they died young. My kids barely knew their grandparents, and there's a sadness in that. Many of us old timers on this board know each others stories, so it's not unusual for us to post an anniversary.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:15 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Unhappy *

You will probably always miss your dad.......... He loved you alot!!!!

Its sad your kids didnt really get to know how wonderful he was.........

Im so sorry sweetheart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning