Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:51 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry Jambo. Thinking about you during this very difficult time. I lost my mama too, 20 years ago. It's hard. *Hugs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 11:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
No advice from me except take care of yourself . . . it is a vulnerable state of being when watching a loved one slip away.

Just wanted you to know others are out here thinking about you. ((((hugs)))

Old 01-13-2015, 12:31 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
I lost both my parents last year. My father passed soon after my mother. Its hard, a double bereavement, but it can often happen this way when the parents are old and have loved each other for so many decades.

Something you need to remember, or recognize, is that you will be ok. As hard as it is, it is not the end of your world. And nor should it be.

In addition, there is no final perfect conversation you can have with her, no final epiphany. If you can get to her and tell her how much you love her, and thank her for bringing you into the world and loving you, that is as good as it gets.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:00 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
So sorry Jambo. I went through this, first with my mom and than dad a year later. It seems surreal, like it's not actually happening.

I agree with the posters who said it felt odd that the world still goes on, even when your world stops.

Take care of yourself, be safe on your trip.

Your dad will need a lot of support.

I remember when my mom passed a good friend said to me "yes, it was your mother, but it was his wife".

Take good care.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:14 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Left Montreal on Sunday and Drove down here to Tampa thinking i had time,unfortunately i got the phone call i was dreading Tuesday morning 3am (today)as i crossed into Georgia,Mom passed away peacefully during the night.The tremendous feeling of loss is overwhelming, making it hard to talk without breaking out in tears.
God speed Mom you were the best and you will be missed.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:10 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Left Montreal on Sunday and Drove down here to Tampa thinking i had time,unfortunately i got the phone call i was dreading Tuesday morning 3am (today)as i crossed into Georgia,Mom passed away peacefully during the night.The tremendous feeling of loss is overwhelming, making it hard to talk without breaking out in tears.
God speed Mom you were the best and you will be missed.
I read your first post and my heart went out to you. Now I read that you didn't quite make it and I'm so sorry it worked out that way. So many things you'd have liked to say and now can't. I just lost my mom on Dec. 19th and it took me three weeks just to reach the acceptance stage. Like yours, mine was a wonderful mom and I'll miss her every day of the rest of my life. I guess I was 'lucky' in that it was 11 days from the day Mom went into the hospital until she died so I had all kinds of opportunities to talk to her and tell her how much I loved her. She couldn't talk back but I know she understood. My thoughts and prayers are with you in the days ahead. We will ALL survive our sorrows and go on. It's what they would want.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:19 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,192,015 times
jambo101 --- I am very, very sorry about the loss of your mother. I am guessing that you have arrived by now and can be with your father, who must really be grieving. Try to get through one day at a time, and try to rest, too. If you can, take a quiet walk, sometime, and be by yourself. On your trip home, drive very carefully. You may need to make a couple of trips down there; companies are usually pretty understanding about this; death is a part of life. But you will go on, and will take with you those priceless memories. My thoughts and prayers are with you, jambo101. Be safe.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:43 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. When I lost my son, others who had suffered loss before me told me that things will get better in time and they did. Today is the first anniversary of his death. Allow yourself to grieve. There is no set pattern of grieving but grieve you must. Eventually pleasant memories of your mother will return.

Take care.
303Guy

Old 01-14-2015, 06:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Thanks all.. sympathies much appreciated..

Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
I'm so sorry you didn't quite make it, jambo. My sympathies.

303, sending cyber hugs your way for your boy. (((Hugs)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning