Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 04:29 PM

50,364 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

When I was a teen, I worked to lose the accent, now, I love hearing it. I’m in Savannah area, and I can hear Massachusetts from a mile away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 05:18 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Tee-hee, our accents within accents! Peebuddy. I work hard at keeping my accent.
OOPS

Pee-buddy to me also.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Hi everyone. The weather has turned warmer and I have been enjoying it immensely.

I had an appointment with my Primary last week and at the end, she asked to see my feet. I was horrified and said no! She asked if I was ashamed of my feet and I said yes. She asked why and I told her the truth, I had gotten too far to comfortably trim my nails so they looked ugly to me. She told me that because my A1C was at a 7 now, I was considered a diabetic and could go see a podiatrist for free with Medicare and my insurance. So she referred me to one here in town and I went to see him. I am very glad that my Primary wanted to see the feet and I refused. My tootsies look great and I found out I have diminished blood flow to my feet. That is not good. I need to re-evaluate this diabetes baloney. Years ago I tried monitoring my glucose but I couldn't work the stupid meter. I gave up and just get my A1C once a year from my Primary.

I also have gotten some hammer toes, corns, a bunion, a stretched ligament!!! Mama Mia!!! All on one foot!! And I wonder why it hurts me to be on my feet now?? So my next appointment is in 8 weeks now and I am going to let them measure my feet for a pair of diabetic sneakers with 3 pair of insoles that I can put in my brand new sneakers I have in my closet. I bought 2 pair last time because they were on sale.

I have an appointment with my neuro tomorrow. She will be pleased. Nothing new going on in the MS dept. Yay! At least that I can discern.

I am going to cancel an appointment I have for Monday with a pulmonary doctor. I do not like him one little bit. IDK if all doctors have done this before but it's the first time I have seen it on an insurance statement.....he gave me two inhalers that a drug rep gave him and he charged Medicare and my insurance for them!! Almost $150!!!! To me that is FRAUD. Those were given to him for free and he is basically selling them!!! I do not like that. When I go see my Primary in May again, I will ask her for a script for an inhaler.

Oh, btw.....🖐👍= 6 Super Bowl rings now!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏😃

Old 02-06-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone. The weather has turned warmer and I have been enjoying it immensely.

I had an appointment with my Primary last week and at the end, she asked to see my feet. I was horrified and said no! She asked if I was ashamed of my feet and I said yes. She asked why and I told her the truth, I had gotten too far to comfortably trim my nails so they looked ugly to me. She told me that because my A1C was at a 7 now, I was considered a diabetic and could go see a podiatrist for free with Medicare and my insurance. So she referred me to one here in town and I went to see him. I am very glad that my Primary wanted to see the feet and I refused. My tootsies look great and I found out I have diminished blood flow to my feet. That is not good. I need to re-evaluate this diabetes baloney. Years ago I tried monitoring my glucose but I couldn't work the stupid meter. I gave up and just get my A1C once a year from my Primary.

I also have gotten some hammer toes, corns, a bunion, a stretched ligament!!! Mama Mia!!! All on one foot!! And I wonder why it hurts me to be on my feet now?? So my next appointment is in 8 weeks now and I am going to let them measure my feet for a pair of diabetic sneakers with 3 pair of insoles that I can put in my brand new sneakers I have in my closet. I bought 2 pair last time because they were on sale.

I have an appointment with my neuro tomorrow. She will be pleased. Nothing new going on in the MS dept. Yay! At least that I can discern.

I am going to cancel an appointment I have for Monday with a pulmonary doctor. I do not like him one little bit. IDK if all doctors have done this before but it's the first time I have seen it on an insurance statement.....he gave me two inhalers that a drug rep gave him and he charged Medicare and my insurance for them!! Almost $150!!!! To me that is FRAUD. Those were given to him for free and he is basically selling them!!! I do not like that. When I go see my Primary in May again, I will ask her for a script for an inhaler.

Oh, btw.....🖐👍= 6 Super Bowl rings now!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏😃
It’s so easy to take our feet for granted, isnt it? I am recovering from bunion surgery and it is a looong recovery. I sure miss being able to walk normally. Take good care of yourself.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It’s so easy to take our feet for granted, isnt it? I am recovering from bunion surgery and it is a looong recovery. I sure miss being able to walk normally. Take good care of yourself.
Thanks, gentle. Oh yeah, it sure is easy to abuse/neglect your feet. I used to walk MILES every day. I just loved it. I hate limping all the time now. Good luck with your recovery!

Old 02-08-2019, 10:54 AM

I canceled my appointment with the pulmonary doctor and the girl on the phone wanted to know WHY!!! Maybe it's been so long since I canceled an appointment I don't recall being asked that before. Of course I didn't tell the truth, just said I will call back at a later time.

My visit to the neurologist went great! I don't have to go back for another year, barring anything unforeseen happening. That is wonderful. I am blessed.

We have gone from below average temperatures to above average temperatures. It's supposed to be in the 70°s but it gets up to the mid 80°s. I like the 70°s.

I'm waiting for some rain now. Yesterday morning everything outside was just covered in pollen! Thick yellow pollen. On my way to the doctor's I passed two car washers and they were both backed up into the streets! I just used my window washer to see out the windshield. Forecast said possible rain this weekend so I have my fingers crossed. Lol, too cheap, unless absolutely necessary.

Hagd everyone.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:06 AM

Oh boy, if FL is getting the pollen, then GA pollen can’t be far off. I dread it.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Oh boy, if FL is getting the pollen, then GA pollen can’t be far off. I dread it.
Maybe I missed the signs of it or I just didn't put 2+2 together. I have been having to take allergy pills the last couple weeks.

I noticed today, the people nextdoor have Spanish Moss growing on their tree in the backyard. It will probably spread over to us, if it hasn't already. I love the look but after finding out it carries lice on it, I am no longer a fan. My first year down here over on the east coast, I even patted the stupid stuff!!! Duh!!! Come to find out, lots of Northeners do that! I'm not crazy!!

Old 02-09-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Maybe I missed the signs of it or I just didn't put 2+2 together. I have been having to take allergy pills the last couple weeks.

I noticed today, the people nextdoor have Spanish Moss growing on their tree in the backyard. It will probably spread over to us, if it hasn't already. I love the look but after finding out it carries lice on it, I am no longer a fan. My first year down here over on the east coast, I even patted the stupid stuff!!! Duh!!! Come to find out, lots of Northeners do that! I'm not crazy!!
I have heard that is a myth, about lice in Spanish moss. Chiggers can live in it, but unless it has been on the ground, it is probably clean. We have some and I touch it all the time. No big deal. It is so interesting the way Spanish moss will grow on certain trees, but not others.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I have heard that is a myth, about lice in Spanish moss. Chiggers can live in it, but unless it has been on the ground, it is probably clean. We have some and I touch it all the time. No big deal. It is so interesting the way Spanish moss will grow on certain trees, but not others.
I decided not to be my lazy self and asked my Google assistant to give me some information. This is an interesting article written by a 7th grader! If he is correct, we are both wrong about lice and chiggers. IDK what a chigger is but I have heard they bite. So I guess we can pay away!!!

https://gcaweeklyjuice.wordpress.com...-myths-busted/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning