Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 01:52 PM

13,401 posts, read 28,717,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi, guys. I am so happy to see you guys using this thread! Yippee!

I consider your menagerie of not "being alone", janellen. You actually have the best, imo, unconditional love.

I wish I could travel by myself. I just don't have any money. Yeah, I can buy a little trinket or two sometimes but that's all and then I sometimes have to "pay" for my vanity! I think I stated this long ago but my husband got fired from his job when his cancer came back and BJ's didn't want to pay anymore on him. They found an excuse to fire the guy who the OWNER of BJ's welcomed back to work from the first time! So he lost his life insurance and his health insurance. We spent ALL our savings for medical care. He died with $3 in his wallet. I lost the house and everything we had except for what I could fit in my car.

A friend offered me a room down here in North Port so I came. I have done work to my room like putting in a new ceiling fan and carpet plus got an adjustable bed, so not looking for another place even though I can't stand it here. I have my two lovebirds though.

I do go out to eat by myself. There's an old thread here about that. There's an old thread about just everything here in the back pages.

Hope your Chinese was good, john. Lol, Suns, I can so relate to the cleaning! It may be only one room but I still have trouble getting it done!
Oh Tami I am so sorry that happened to you. Yes, cancer treatments can wipe you out and leave you with nothing. We had insurance but the co pay on chemo was a killer so hubby started going to the VA for it.

Still boggles my mind that chemo pills through Moffit Cancer would be close to $700, not to mention the pain meds and the first month of the new year when you fall into the "donut hole" would be $3500.
Same EXACT drug at VA co pay was $55.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 03:01 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
I wanted to sue BJ'S for terminating him but he would not let me. IDK wth he thought how I was going to survive after he left me. I didn't, really. I am surviving physically but that's all. I keep trying to convince myself that is enough.

Hey, kate, I just noticed the name of your town in Joisey, Randolph! Was the town founded by a family named Mann?

Old 01-24-2019, 04:27 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
As I like to have a drink or two (really two) before dinner, I usually eat at home rather than risk drunk driving. I have a rule. If it cannot be prepared in 30 minutes while sipping my 2nd drink, it does not get done.

Often I will go out for a late breakfast (1 to 2pm) then eat light (soup and sandwich) for dinner about 7pm. Same with days I play golf (2-3 times a week). I eat on the way home (about 2-3pm) or eat at the club then have a light supper later on at home.

Tonight I am having a drink, sipping as we talk, than I am going for Chinese takeout which is about one mile away. I will have another drink when I get home, then eat.

Off for Chinese takeout.
Worcester girl here, John. We’re having our second Manhattan.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:43 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
I haven't had a Manhattan in a few years.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:04 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
I wanted to sue BJ'S for terminating him but he would not let me. IDK wth he thought how I was going to survive after he left me. I didn't, really. I am surviving physically but that's all. I keep trying to convince myself that is enough.

Hey, kate, I just noticed the name of your town in Joisey, Randolph! Was the town founded by a family named Mann?
No, The earliest known inhabitants of what is now Randolph were the Lenni Lenape Native Americans. The earliest European settlers of what is now Randolph were Quakers and one of the pioneering landowners was Hartshorne Fitz-Randolph, who purchased 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) of what would become the township in the Mine Hill area in 1753, later becoming the namesake of the township.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
No, The earliest known inhabitants of what is now Randolph were the Lenni Lenape Native Americans. The earliest European settlers of what is now Randolph were Quakers and one of the pioneering landowners was Hartshorne Fitz-Randolph, who purchased 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) of what would become the township in the Mine Hill area in 1753, later becoming the namesake of the township.
Oh, ty, kate. I was wondering because King somebody gave land to my husband's family for being loyalists and they named it Randolph, Massachusetts. The Slacks were loyalists too and one day one of the Manns and a Slack went up north to what is now Vermont and founded Randolph, Vermont too. The Male Manns were heavy drinkers and gamblers. They lost most of their land to a family named Cartwright. The drinking continues. I forget the name of the tribe that was there originally.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
For those who can't understand our accent, gentle comes from "Wusta".

My Aunt and Uncle moved to Leominster, gentle. "Lemunster".

Old 01-25-2019, 01:16 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Wis-tah....

I drink Perfect Rob Roys on the rocks, twist of lemon. Rob Roys are the same as Manhattans but made with Scotch, not rye or blended whiskey.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:25 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
For those who can't understand our accent, gentle comes from "Wusta".

My Aunt and Uncle moved to Leominster, gentle. "Lemunster".
While raised and lived in MA I was married to a girl from SC and lived outside MA for many years including the last 17 years in SC. No doubt I have a Yankee accent to a Southerner but I lost that harsh Boston accent. I do pronounce MA towns like a local...Wis-tah, Pee-body, Have(as in save)-rill, but it would be Lem-in-ster to me.

During my last visit to MA (past July), some locals asked me where I was from.......LOL

Old 01-25-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
While raised and lived in MA I was married to a girl from SC and lived outside MA for many years including the last 17 years in SC. No doubt I have a Yankee accent to a Southerner but I lost that harsh Boston accent. I do pronounce MA towns like a local...Wis-tah, Pee-body, Have(as in save)-rill, but it would be Lem-in-ster to me.

During my last visit to MA (past July), some locals asked me where I was from.......LOL
Tee-hee, our accents within accents! Peebuddy. I work hard at keeping my accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning