Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 08:34 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Oh, my dear coschristie! I feel devastated by your truth. I just can not imagine. I did not know kids died from the DPT shot. I just never thought about things like that since my kid didn't suffer any side effects from anything.

I always put my baby on her tummy at bedtime. My Mom was an RN and she told me if the baby spit up or threw up, they were less likely to aspirate if they were on the tummy. If I had babies now, I would still do it that way.

Thank you so much for your honesty. You came out on the other side and that is a good thing. (((Hugs)))
Thank you Tamzinluv; I am an RN too, I always put my babies on their tummies ... the night my daughter died she was on her back.

I think, it would be better to put babies on their tummies & not induce seizures ...!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 10:26 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Coschristie, sometimes a post will literally stun me with the candid honesty and attempt to use the pain of experience to help others avoid traps. Yours did that. Know that your sharing the effect of that deep loss can, and likely will, help others.

Thank you. Nemaste. I bow to the divine in you.
Oh thank you, I was afraid when I tapped ‘submit reply’. I thought well, it’s done. The Internet never forgets ...

But you validated me ... that means so much to me. It occurs to me that I want so badly for her to never be forgotten ... Now I am glad the internet never forgets.

OP; I remember you & your son. So many people now, they ae afraid too keep their eyes open, or are like me & too afraid to close them. Your son was a warrior. And you are a good mother.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:30 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I moved away from my old state almost two years after my son died. It was difficult for me to keep explaining that he was diabetic and didn't take care of himself. His choice.

One day I woke up and realized there was nothing tying me to my state anymore. I stayed to be close to my son. I had personally had enough of the cold and snow, so I left.

It's been a year and a half since then and I've gotten to know some people but not that many yet. I just moved into a new complex and somehow forgot it's Mother's Day weekend. A few neighbors have asked if I'm a mother and I hesitate to answer.

That's a yes and no. I still feel like his mother, even though he's gone, but technically I suppose I'm not.
Of course you're still his mother. And you should figure out how to answer the question. One way might be to politely say, "Yes, I had a son but unfortunately he died from complications with diabetes." And then instantly change the subject, so that the person asking doesn't feel embarrassed or awkward.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:24 AM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
Thank you. That's a beautiful response.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:17 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Of course you should acknowledge your son, meo! Why would you even think not to? Simply state your son has passed. He didn't stop being your son just because he died!

My best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning