Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,103 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 371 to 380 of 1598
  1. rubygema
    08-20-2015 02:38 PM - permalink
    rubygema
    I am looking for help in finding a medium sized town near Dayton or Cincy Ohio. We are looking at schools, recreation and low priced housing opportunities. We are retired so don't have to worry about job searching. I would be great to find a town with a small town feeling but with big city activities for the family. Thanks
  2. lsealy326
    08-15-2015 07:50 AM - permalink
    lsealy326
    Hello! I just signed up today on the website...I hope this is very helpful. Our family is moving to California. My husband job is transferring us there and I have to find a place by the end of September or the first prt of October! The company told us that we have to live in Los Angeles or we can live 1hour away from LA!

We have small children that are in elementary and a good school district would be nice and a good neighborhood! The problem I am having is finding a website or finding a live person who helps with finding a place to live. We will start out renting not knowing the area we don't want to buy and then I don't like the area.

I have tried craigslist and ran across some scams so I am praying someone on this blog can help a family out with information or contact number and maybe even you might know some good landlords! Lol

Thanks so much
  3. Ann7777
    08-05-2015 09:34 AM - permalink
    Ann7777
    Hello everyone!! I am looking for people or students who are in need of 1BR apartment in Winter park,Fl.It is a great place for couples as well as students who are relocating to Florida.Is anyone looking for a 1BR apartment in Winter Park,Fl.Please let me know.
  4. irish irish spanish spani
    08-02-2015 01:33 AM - permalink
    irish irish spanish spani
    Alexander from Oxford, United Kingdom wishing to move to NY. Hello everyone. Single, beau, 43yrs
  5. TJ.Stone03
    07-21-2015 07:36 AM - permalink
    TJ.Stone03
    My husband and I are in our mid 30's and recently married, looking to re-locate from South Florida to North Carolina, particularly near Raleigh. I work for higher education and he for hospital as medical tech. We are also wanting to start a family as well. Any suggestions? Pros or Cons.
  6. VickiLH
    07-20-2015 07:37 PM - permalink
    VickiLH
    Hi All:
    What a great site, I just found it...kinda like The Villages Golf and Country Club ....a well kept secret. Any Baby Boomers looking to move closer to their kids in CA, this is a great place for over 55; a gated community just outside of Silicon Valley, but close to everything.
  7. michael talbott
    07-16-2015 03:05 PM - permalink
    michael talbott
    I am considering moving to the Portland , Oregon area in about a year. I will be retired at that time, so I am mainly interested in gardening, arts and crafts as well as weather and climate conditions as I enjoy rather cool, breezy, and rainy conditions
  8. countryrazed29
    07-11-2015 10:02 PM - permalink
    countryrazed29
    Hi everyone! my name is Amanda and I have just relocated to Grand Junction. I will be working at Wells Fargo and my husband is a photography business owner and is ready to start getting some clients lined up! he does family sessions, senior pictures, corporate head shots, etc. we are trying to find a house to rent, the business going, and get our kids into good schools. any helpful information ?
  9. EmilyBranca
    07-09-2015 06:02 PM - permalink
    EmilyBranca
    Hey, everyone! My boyfriend and I live in a TERRIBLE area in Pennsylvania. We're ready to get out of here and move far away. We're looking for places with beautiful mountains, lakes, extremely little crime, employment, and great schools. We're ready to start a new life and have a fresh new start. So far, all of the researching I've been doing (starting from the minute I wake up, until the minute I go to sleep) all I've been able to find is Corning, NY and so far I'm loving with I'm reading about it & haven't found anything bad. But,then I remembered that my boyfriend and I went on vacation about 2 years ago and went to Sullivan County, PA. It was gorgeous! But, it's an extremely tiny town. The population is only 6,445. So, I can't find just about anything about how it is to live there. Anybody know anything about the crime, schools, employment, or affordability? Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!
  10. ravens1950
    07-07-2015 07:13 PM - permalink
    ravens1950
    Hello I am a real estate agent in Delaware. If you are considering to relocate her please visit delmarvaresortsrealty.com/dickerson and I will be more than happy to help find your second or vacation home here or at the beach. Taxes are really low and there are some really great deals right now.