Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,103 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 401 to 410 of 1598
  1. lillyspence26
    05-13-2015 11:23 AM - permalink
    lillyspence26
    If you need a free phone when you are relocating let me know!!
  2. rdyson
    05-13-2015 10:03 AM - permalink
    rdyson
    Good afternoon everyone! I am a REALTOR from Citrus county, FL. I recently made the move from CT. If anyone has any questions about the move or the area I relocated to, Please feel free to contact me anytime. I will be happy to help. Have a great day!
  3. Blessed2BeeAlive
    05-06-2015 01:42 PM - permalink
    Blessed2BeeAlive
    My husband & I presently live in Arizona & while I love it here, my husband doesn't. My husband is desiring to Live in Missouri, however while it may be beneficial, not sure I could handle the humidity. Not sure what the solution is. We just want a place were we could have a home on enough land (at 5 acres) for a garden & a place/location ideal central to jobs, but far enough away from large towns.
  4. chi-lady
    05-02-2015 08:39 AM - permalink
    chi-lady
    Hi there! I'm new to this whole social group/blogging and what not. But here's my sitch: my girlfriend (non relationship) and I are relocating from Chicago to Florida in 4 months time. She's only bringing her flat screen TV, some books other paraphernalia and her clothes, not much. I'm bringing a queen size bed, my 42in flat screen, clothes, dishes, a lazy boy chair, maybe a futon, TV Stand and maybe a crap load of boxes. She's gonna drive her trick I want to bring my car but not drive it. What is my best option for this road trip to new beginnings?
  5. YesRaleigh
  6. 04-25-2015 07:59 AM - permalink
    HParr
    Does anybody know about furnished rentals in St. John's County Florida on the West side of I-95 and the East side of the St. John's River? It can be a short term rental too or a year rental or Lease.
  7. imnjoyable
    04-23-2015 12:20 PM - permalink
    imnjoyable
    Hello, I am new to city board. I have seen some messages in this group, but I am unsure how you respond to them. Is this a read only group?
  8. Ms.TPatton
    04-21-2015 08:42 AM - permalink
    Ms.TPatton
    I'm looking for a 2 bd apartment. Anyone that will work with an eviction from almost 3 years ago. My ceiling fell in twice in my bedroom, on top of that I got bedbugs from a downstairs neighbor at the time I was pregnant with my son. They refused to repair the hole and exterminate my apt due to my neighbors bedbugs. I was in a car accident at 7 months in and out the hospital, he was trying to come early, just to come home to an eviction letter from the constable. I did not receive a letter from the Apartments stating that the eviction was even filed! I contacted the City of Bedford, The Better Business Bureau, The Landlord of the Apartment complex, I recorded them stating that the neighbors paid to get the apartment bombed professionally when actually they went to the Dollar Store to get the Raid bombs. I was told to read my lease carefully and the lease stated "if there was a case of bedbugs the responsible owner should pay to have all the surrounding apartments exterminated also. So I mailed them a certified letter, stating the repairs on the roof and exterminator for the bedbugs, only to be devastated because they refused it. I got it back in the mail the next day. I am not a nasty person everyone who knows me, knows I like a clean house. I refused to stay in a bug infested apartment. Its unhealthy and I had 2 kids with one on the way. I was trying all the possibilities to get them to maintenance my apt. So they asked me if I wanted to pay $200 for their exterminator. Which I was going to do and hopefully get my money back, just to come home to the exterminator cursing out my mom. The judge did not want to hear what I had to say. So now I have an eviction from Mission Pointe Apts and no one is willing to give me a second chance. I'm spending $1000 a month at Budget Suites. Its hard with 3 kids and no car trying to get back and forth to work. Someone please HELP, I need an apartment ASAP. Willing to pay an extra deposit if I have to. I have a counter claim on this issue, and a Lawyer has been looking into it!
    Tacorra C. Patton
  9. motherofanxiety
    04-15-2015 04:07 PM - permalink
    motherofanxiety
    My boyfriend and I currently reside in Memphis TN with my daughter from another relationship and a dog named Jerry. He started a business in Atlanta with his step-brother and now wants us to move to Atlanta. I'm very apprehensive and stressed about this move because quite frankly, I do not believe we are ready for such a move. No savings. I have no employment in Atlanta. My online search for a home and elementary school for my daughter is not going so well. Its putting a strain on our relationship at the moment because he is spending a lot of time there and of course misses his family and wants us there. But I have to be the sensible one and my gosh Atlanta is expensive! Help anyone who has made this move before?!!?!?!