Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times

Advertisements

Well, this thread has gone off track with the trolling, y'all ought to take that argument to the political forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,613,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
The Castle doctrine law does NOT cover cival suits. Sorry Bubba
You are wrong. Nearly all states (probably all) will offer protection in civil suits of the defendant was shown to have followed castle doctrine laws by local agencies. This topic has been discussed in depth in various gun forums.

Of course, anyone can file suit against anyone else, at any time, for anything. But winning is another story.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, this thread has gone off track with the trolling, y'all ought to take that argument to the political forum.
Just lock the damn thread.....

No evidence, nothing but personnel beliefs...not a thing to back it up but words.....

A perfectly good thread was ruined....just because....

If people want to blame me, that is alright......I'll take it...

Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
Anyways, I like to tote this Kahr PM9 around in the jacket during cooler weather. Nice, well made & reliable shooter.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Beginning July 1st, it will in Wyoming. We won't need any stinking government permission slips to carry concealed either. It's about time.

Open carry and vehicle carry have never been infringed here.

We're going to bring back America.
That's the way it should be. If the anti-gun folks were to think about it, their laws only affect law-abiding gun owners, and criminals are going to break those laws no matter what.

One example, look at Los Angeles, they have many restrictive gun laws, yet they have not affected gangs. A lot of them still carry concealed weapons without proper permits, and gang criminal activity is still rampant in many of LA's bad areas.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:47 PM

487 posts, read 1,357,870 times
Quote:
Another gun nut/trailer park attorney.

I'm talking about in the street in the mall parking lot or at your bowling alley

Fool

Old 04-14-2011, 08:05 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,615 times
Quote:
Where do you get your information about who I have contact with ?

I hope your logic abilities aren't in such disrepair when you "think" your life is being threatened.

The gun nuts read all the stories in Guns and Ammo and other magazines about how a gun owner "foiled a robbery" and truly believe that one day they'll be a hero too.

A man walks up to the driver's side door to inform the driver that their briefcase is on the hood of the car. The "highly trained" Thunder Ranch graduate percieves this as a threat, due to his paranoid nature, not only brandishes his weapon but shoots the good samaritan.
There is no problem whatsoever with my logic. There is however a problem with the accuracy of your assertions.

How much information would I need to determine you haven't spoken with every concealed carry practicioner in the US? Your 99% claim is at best hyperbole.

Your use of the disparaging term "gun nuts" speaks volumes in illustrating your personal bias. Your claim that the "gun nuts" hope they will some day be a hero as a result of foiling a robbery is based on nothing other than your very obvious personal bias.

Your scenario about the highly trained Thunder Ranch graduate mistakenly perceiving a threat and reacting by brandishing his weapon and somehow shooting a good Samaritan is not supported by any of the mountains of data regarding shootings by permit holders. In reality the record of legal concealed carry permit holders with regard to mistaken shootings is very good. I'd challenge you to present facts disputing it but won't waste my time as I know substantiation of your hyperbole will not be forthcoming.

Having read through your posts in this thread I've got to agree with chucksnee. You're nothing but a troll.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 PM

665 posts, read 1,727,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post

Of course, anyone can file suit against anyone else, at any time, for anything. But winning is another story.
And YOU will have to spend YOUR money defending your actions.

Greedy lawyers will not tell their criminal clients that they won't win but you WILL have to defend your actions.

AND AGAIN ! ! ......... I WAS NOT SPEAKING OF HOME INVASION ! !

..........I'm talking about when a CCW permit holder thinks they are being mugged and uses their firearm as a first resort rather than a LAST resort.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,613,009 times
Quote:
And YOU will have to spend YOUR money defending your actions.

Greedy lawyers will not tell their criminal clients that they won't win but you WILL have to defend your actions.

AND AGAIN ! ! ......... I WAS NOT SPEAKING OF HOME INVASION ! !

..........I'm talking about when a CCW permit holder thinks they are being mugged and uses their firearm as a first resort rather than a LAST resort.
No, your post was a direct response to someone who was talking about the Castle doctrine, and even your own quote referred to the Castle doctrine, which specifically refers to home invasion or in some states, the invasion of your car, trailer, motor home, office, etc.. If you're talking about something else, DON'T REFER TO THE CASTLE DOCTRINE.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 PM

665 posts, read 1,727,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
No, your post was a direct response to someone who was talking about the Castle doctrine, and even your own quote referred to the Castle doctrine, which specifically refers to home invasion or in some states, the invasion of your car, trailer, motor home, office, etc.. If you're talking about something else, DON'T REFER TO THE CASTLE DOCTRINE.
well , you win ......... because you have a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting